[LCN] Update Regarding the Referral and Rewards Program

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Curves

Curves Member

a few things i've heard - kano explain if true, or confirm it is rumor
    1) there was a glitch with their joining offer so they were able to get 88% discount on weapons packs. It seems if they opened multiple windows they could keep buying it.

2) somehow they were able to get quads (as much as 8 quad) in their bank within a few weeks ?

do you know how difficult you make it to get money in this game, much less a bank achievement LOL

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Since they also made their own scripts , I would not be surprised at all.

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

there is a 25xx just about 2600 joined 53 days ago, yeah ok that sounds normal

4. Backdoor Boo boo

Backdoor Boo boo Active Member

52 day in player level 3904 beating levels 6000 up this is bull crap! fix it and take away what they gained by the cheat!

5. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

It would only be taken away if the highers had gained something .....

Rhenkle1, Totalizer, Kirsten and 3 others like this.
  6. Al Rawlins

Al Rawlins New Member

I put in a ticket about these 40 day accounts having massive amounts of weapons and already reaching Alexandrite reward level plus leveling to 3800 in that time frame. View Ticket: #WFZ-512-81418 May 21st and the response was tepid to say the least. That does seem excessive and kano is always on the look out for cheating blah, blah, blah...common sense should have alerted them to a problem. My question to kano is: are you going to correct this or not? and i have playing for more than 6 1/2 years so I am not a new member despite what the logo shows.

7. SweetestAngel

I will not name names but I was told that there is someone who already has a $hit ton set aside for the next set of raids. I could buy a new car with the amount they will spend. Some are heavy spenders and are legitimately hitting the loyalty tiers. Kano is not dumb, they made the game for the cash flow and from what I have seen, they are about to be very happy.

I don't agree with all the lovely 'glitches' being given to the new players. Kano would not be who they are today without the older accounts spending the mass amounts they have over the past, what, 7 years?

8. Zero Cool

Zero Cool New Member

I think they should compensate us "old-timers" with the same amount god father points these newbs took advantage of, or banned them from the game for cheating, or refund all of us "old-timers" the money we have invested over the years back. I been here 6yrs like a ton of others and invested and in no way should a level 1650 for instance should be able to have a perfect inventory of god father weaponary and beat someone like myself or other timed players.

Rhenkle1, Totalizer, Kirsten and 2 others like this.
  9. SweetestAngel

If they are spending the cash, then they can kick our asses every which way. I refuse to spend anymore and I have not been a heavy spender, not even close. We won't get shit. We never do. Look how long the highest levels have had to wait for a new city ....

10. SweetestAngel

Hell, we all know of 1 account that has several alts. Kano knows as well. Its a cash source so jack all is done about it. Its allowed. Kano won't even abide by their own TOS

11. Kimbella

Kimbella Member

I couldn't imagine what was happening with these new players not only passing us in levels so quickly but surpassing us with this unwavering STRENGTH - I thought these people were laying down tons of money having 35 Legendary Items or more and tons of Loyalty Items - We could not compete. Thank goodness Mitch you guys have a handle on it now - but I have to ask will these players have to start over correctly?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  12. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

Forget the fact that players were glitching, that seems to have been dealt with, it is completely out of order that some players were offered this deal and others were not.

Kano You really do Suck!

I am sure you will take umbrage at that comment but it is the truth

13. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

This is amazing! And shame on you Kano for not only letting this go on , but for opening this door to begin with. Too many long time and loyal players may be getting screwed here. This needs to be addressed.

14. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

<shaking her head as she reads>

so now, kano, you see what we have been watching occur for the last 2 months. we've written, and basically begged you guys to look into what we knew had to be 'glitches', as you put it, being used and abused.

THIS is what you get when you WELCOME a bunch of cheaters, bots and well known script users/abusers to a game that so many of us were told was clean, and fair. where are OUR perks, and incentives, to STAY here now ???? you remember us.... the ones who kept this game going for the past 7 years to enable you to welcome all these bots, er, players, to the game. you remember us... your loyal players who stuck by you all these years. yeah, you remember us.... the schmucks who trusted you to keep things on the up and up, and to do your best to make sure this game was run as fairly as possibly.

oh.... that's right.... we don't matter anymore.

15. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

that was Kano offer for the new players not the exploit in the system so I can imagine the exploit, probably unlimited Fps and cash...

Mary Lou likes this.
  16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

So, going to correct a couple misconceptions here.

The "referrals and rewards" program is the exact same as the "Godfather's Absolution", just for lower level players. You guys have your Absolutions, those guys have their referrals and rewards. So if you want to look at it that way, this already existed in some form for everyone else. Most players outside of your level ranges don't even have the option to use the Absolution. So the argument of they got something we didn't doesn't hold much water in that respect.

Additionally the rewards are the exact same. If you successfully got a player through the Absolution, then you would have received the same stuff a referral player did. The numbers quoted for Stamina, Energy and FP going around in this thread are incorrect.

While this glitch is affecting the lower levels that's just an unfortunate coincidence and only serves to add more fuel to the existing fire. The crux of the problem is that there was a glitch, affecting some players, we found it and are stamping it out. Who it affected and what level they are doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things as this glitch could have happened with the Absolutions and then we would have had to remove the rewards from higher level players.

I wanted to make this thread so you guys were aware that we knew about the problem and were taking steps to fix it. I considered not including the name of the system that was bugged so the message would not get mixed with the current sentiments, but transparency is always key.

If you want to feel like we suck, that we're leaving people to the wayside, I can't stop you from feeling that way. I can only present our side of things and you can draw your own conclusions from there.

What we're doing with the affected accounts is removing what remains of their rewards and taking back everything they've bought with it. Failing that, if the accounts are beyond repair, we will freeze them.

17. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

What is the comparison in uptake rates though Mitch, I know from all the absolutions I have sent since they were introduced only a couple have led to rewards and that seems to be the same for most of the older players, it seems this reward was far easier to get for newer players.

Sandy Barrows and Mary Lou like this.
  18. Backdoor Boo boo

Backdoor Boo boo Active Member

I sure hope so

19. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Member

I sure hope so!

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I would have to check to make sure, but from what I heard when it came out is that it was doing OK but certainly not gangbusters. So not a huge uptake.