[LCN] Update Regarding the Referral and Rewards Program

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jun 2, 2016.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Earlier this morning our developers closed down the “Referrals and Rewards” program that was being offered to some players. Thanks to reports we’ve been getting, we became aware of a potential exploit in the system and took actions to minimize the damage for the short term.

That system will remain inactive until we figure out the cause of the problem and fix that up. We’ve also identified a limited number of accounts (under 10) that have been affected by this to a large extent. Unfortunately, though some players did report the issue and didn’t take advantage of it, others used the feature as it wasn’t intended, and have created situations on their accounts that could cause database problems and instability in the game

While it looks like the short-term gain might be good, extended use of anything outside the game’s intended function can cause irreparable harm to a character. We’ve already taken some steps to restore these accounts to balance and will continue to work on doing so.

If you do notice anything that isn’t behaving like it should, please report it to us and we’ll take a look. Any steps that you can include to help reproduce it and come up with a fix will be rewarded with Favor Points — these are our mistakes, and people who catch them and let us know deserve our gratitude and support.

While the damage done has been minimal, we would have preferred that no damage had been caused at all. We'd like to apologize to those players who were directly affected by players using this exploit. Our intention was to help new players invite their friends and receive a reward for doing so, and the ability to farm it was not by design. We deeply regret and apologize that we introduced something that a few players were able to take advantage of, but we will be working to make that right as soon as possible.

I’d like to extend a thank you to those who have reported this exploit to us and to the vast majority of players who have used the Referrals and Rewards program in the spirit in which it was intended.

2. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

what do u mean by Referrals an the reward program is that where u can try to revive players for coming back? an get a reward for that?? cause i send invites today out but none as responded i call them meanies who are level 7k an up who just ups an quits lol

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

No that's the Godfather's Absolution which is still going. Referrals and Rewards is similar.

CHELLYBELLY likes this.
  4. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

mitch, was this the program for those coming over from mafia wars ?

CHELLYBELLY, JoDy, Kirsten and 2 others like this.
  5. Zoe Bell

Zoe Bell Member

I'm wondering the same as Robbin Gordon. Mitch can you please enlighten us on this. Thank you... I had at least 100 join LCN for me and I was never given any rewards stuff when the game I use to play ended. The game I use to play ended because of people using exploits. I really hope Kano takes serious action on this before it's too late and this game is shut down too because the damage has become irreparable. I believe that approximately 6 yrs ago Zynga had the same type of issue in Mafia Wars, players were given a coupon in the game and exploited it than, so obviously some know how to use exploits and are using them with the intent to better their character with a total disregard to Kano TOS or any of the implications that using exploits will have on others who do not cheat but work within the game to build their characters. without the use of exploits... and of course the damage it could do to the Kano system as well as having negative repercussions in regard to the loyalty of its' long-time members who trust Kano to keep this game fair and unadulterated...
    Mi7ch please check this link... Thank you
    http://techcrunch.com/2010/06/14/zynga-goes-to-the-mattresses-with-mafia-wars-users/

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  6. so thats how a level 1500 is able to beat me the cheaters lol fix it mi7ch hurry i know you can do it ;):D i have faith in kano

7. slayer serge

slayer serge New Member

i aggry , it took me 7 yearst o get to where i am and a player with 30 days in can beat me .

8. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

Why was something being offered only to some players and not all players? Honestly it looks like Kano are going out of their way to alienate the older more established players.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  9. hillbilly humbug

hillbilly humbug New Member

lol that should clip the wings of all these little pocket rockets

naughty but nic3 and Kirsten like this.
  10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I told ya it was happening. Glad ya finally took a look.

11. David Verschueren

David Verschueren New Member

Lol, I just asked about that yesterday and now it's gone :/

12. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

what is that????? why I never saw that program????

13. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

I'd never heard of the program myself until now... please explain how this was SUPPOSED to work.

14. David Verschueren

David Verschueren New Member

25% stam refill
    50% energy
    74 favorpoints
    Everyday for 4 weeks people got that...How is this even fair to the people who got nothing at all ??? So glad I haven't spent one cent on this game now.

15. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Got to be kidding me! Wow, Kano, job well done, you get a influx of players and people who have been loyal get shoved aside and get what? Loyalty points for cash spent? Seems to me the entire game has been impacted, tell you one thing, I'll be slowing down on the spending, oh, hang on, that doesn't matter to you or the fact that so many long time, loyal players get shoved aside just to accommodate newbs to the game who most probably run alts anyway because it's all they know from their previous game aka Mafia wars! Not to mention the ones who are going to screw this game as well by running their "demon", scripts and whatever else. Some of them are levelling at a blistering rate and you claim it's because they use refills? Yeah, refills and bots, that's about it but hey, ho, they spend BIG so nothing will be done. :/

Donsuz Ki, Rhenkle1, Flavamum and 4 others like this.
  16. Kirsten

And what is even better is they could refer all their alts and kamis ,Just to keep players that cheated in mafia wars in kano games so they could catch up to long time players

17. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

I am so amazed that all the smart people who play Lcn on Facebook still play...Over a year ago I realised that 'older' players who had put money in were no longer needed as our money had already been spent. Hence we were just kicked to the curb with no fix to any of our situations that we needed help with.
    Sure I still play but on a different platform and I have to say I have spent peanuts there compared to what I first spent on Facebook and the accounts are the same strength.
    But hey Kano you keep helping all the new fresh meat!!!!

18. Kirsten

I no longer longer have faith in kano

19. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

This was going on for 4 weeks unnoticed? In the past players where banned for far less, but looks like Kano is not even considering this option now. Who knows what else is going on and what else exploits to the game will come? This player migration is a big Bazinga from Zynga.

20. MobMan

MobMan Member

That explains why a handful of players who have been playing less than 50 days are beating players 5000 to 6000 levels higher than themselves.