Upcoming Memory Cache Server Restart

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, May 26, 2016.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all

At some point soon (we’ll announce in the World Chat), we’re going to have to reset one of our memory cache servers.

We use these servers for lots of things, including storing temporary data for all of our games. Because that data is temporary, when the server runs out of memory it can start to “push out” certain files to make more space.

Memory cache servers do this regularly, so this isn’t anything out of the ordinary. But, because that temporary data is tied to in-game things like Fight limits, timers or number of gifts sent, it can start to introduce problems.

While this set-up may look less than ideal now, we’ve never run across this issue before as the memory cache server always had enough room to stop this from happening. This is something we’re looking at fixing going forward but for the short term we’re going to be restarting the server to help alleviate the problem.

We’re letting you know because when the server resets, there will be some one-off side-effects. Things like number of Fights against another player, gifts sent, Punch timers and the like will be reset, but these are all only daily counters, so worst-case scenario is only one day’s records will be lost, and this is only going to happen once.

There may be some other side-effects that I haven’t listed but we expect the overall process to be relatively unnoticeable.

We’ll be monitoring throughout the whole process so in the unlikely event that anything goes a way we don’t expect, we’ll be on top of it. That said, please let us know if you see anything out of the ordinary as it may be related. Keep your eye on the Chat for the announcement!

Chasity and naughty but nic3 like this.
  2. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Will this also reset the times for daily full refill, because that would actually suck a bit and what about
    Reward History and those saved up there

Grimhil Jolien likes this.
  3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Those should be untouched, but if you do see anything with those please let us know!

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  4. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Thanks for the heads up, Mitch. If it needs to be fixed, fix it.

Chasity and Dcasso like this.
  5. Omegame

Omegame Member

If is necessary do it for clean I think is better for the game, good luck.

6. Dodge

Dodge Member

All good as long as can play :p

7. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

Ok thanks for the info mitch :rolleyes:

8. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Thank you for the warning.

I would suppose bounties would reset..... What will this do to the "protection" crap. Suits me fine if they lose it since I disagree with the system but I'm sure this could upset a few folks.

Also what about those in the middle of streaks? Since this is also a stat would those working towards say 2000 consecutive fights have to start over?

Thank you.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Anything that is tracked on a per day basis has the potential to be reset. Longer things like consecutive fights will not be reset, since that doesn't refresh on a daily basis, server memory wise.

10. Hot Mama C

Hot Mama C New Member

Thanks! It is messed up because yesterday it let me do over 5k on someone and then today it would only let me do 1k.

11. KurtDexter

KurtDexter Member

what is that mean to restart the cache like fight other players,sending gifts and the world chat will restart again and again.

12. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Good to know. Thanks Mitch.

It means just like when you clear your cache on your computer, it'll lose the temporary history. So anything that shows anywhere other than stats or long term storage will disappear.

So there is a high probability that all the counters start back at 0. So if you have 10 attacks on someone and they have 156 on you and they have 10 ambushes showing it will look like you haven't attacked in 24 hours.

In theory it depends on where they reside every thing and how they have it coded as to what disappears. Stats are long term storage so anything on your profile page will stay.

But the gist is. Anything that resets naturally after say 24 hours will reset. This is mostly the fight screens # of attacks # of bounties, however, I would venture to guess that anything that doesn't have a set time to reset will go to start.

If you don't play for 24 hours when you come back what is at 0. That will be at 0.

Your bounty cost didn't used to be on your stat page which is why I asked how that would be affected.

Still not sure about protection but I suppose there are low enough numbers on that, it will be irksome to a few but generally an accepted loss for smooth game play.

I would think gifts and outbreak helps etc would restart to 0. I can see no reason that would be stored anywhere other than in the temporary.

I would venture to guess that the daily rewards and boosts may also reset. But again, one would have to know where they have it coded to store to be sure.

Long story short. Expect your stats to stay but be prepared for everything else to reset to 0 timer.

KurtDexter likes this.
  13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

To much thought into it Alter, this is a good thing. ;)

14. KurtDexter

KurtDexter Member

what is that mean like the outbreak helps,fights and daily bonus turn to 0
    except my account and levels in 4 games.

15. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

To cut out the bs, if you've attacked someone, say 1000 times, when you go to their profile, it won't read that you've chained them at all, it's nothing more than temporary memory being dumped from the server, kind of like when you run ccleaner or a program of the sort on your pc. Stop worrying yourself, it's not going to wipe your level, stats and things like that as those things are stored in a longer term memory of the server. Just don't stress, all will be OK. It wouldn't be done if it wasn't necessary from time to time. Chill and let them get it fixed!

KurtDexter likes this.
  16. KurtDexter

KurtDexter Member

That means they will not wipe my level,stats and my items in 4 games.

S E T H likes this.
  17. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Lol no mate, they won't.

KurtDexter likes this.
  18. KurtDexter

KurtDexter Member

Mitch say,they will wipeout some memory caches like rival players,fight other players and gift notification
    except player stats,levels and items

19. Kurt

Kurt New Member

give us a free weapon and it's forgiven ;)

S E T H, Grimhil Jolien and Barb like this.
  20. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

Im ok with this proposition :)

Kurt likes this.