[LCN] More freebies for Mafia Wars players ????

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SweetestAngel, May 18, 2016.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'm sorry that some of you feel that way, but that's not our intention.

Are we excited about the influx of new players from Mafia Wars? Absolutely. Do we want to do what we can to keep them around, make them feel welcome, give them a new place to play? Absolutely. Have we perhaps made some missteps that in hindsight we would have maybe done differently knowing what we do now? Time will tell, but I think the answer is evident.

This is a time of high tension because of the new influx of people. The status quo, which was comfortable, is shifting. When things change, it's easy to perceive updates or alterations as slights. Nothing we're doing is intended to personally upset any of our longer time players. We're definitely cognizant that may be a side-effect, but we've been transparent with what we've been doing so that everybody is included in the conversation.

Over the years we've made a lot of changes to the "intro flow" for the games because, and being honest here, these sorts of games are not as popular as they once were. We need to hook people in and we're open to trying things out. While we value all of our longer players and want to keep them around, you do need new people too. It's a fact of life for social MMOs. Honestly outside of new player protection, not much has hugely changed in the intro flow in years. Like I said above the starter pack is old news. It's only becoming a thing now because people are looking for things that have been introduced for new players. Previously these didn't even make a ripple.

The fact that we're still around after seven years and are still going I think says a lot. While it's easy to get upset at us because we're not doing something for our longer-term players this week, I think there is a tendency to forget what we have done in the past because you all asked for it or because we thought it would make your gameplay better.

While I will concede that recently we have not brought out any changes that directly impact the higher levels and only the higher levels, we've been better recently about working on new Locations (with one coming out this month for LCN as I've mentioned elsewhere) and are working on some other things that I think you'll like.

So I get that it's easy to be upset at us when you see something a new player get that you didn't get years ago. But you've been playing for seven years and have gotten plenty of new stuff and bonuses along the way. I understand that from your perspective it can look like we're only interested in new blood. All I can tell you is that we're not and keep bringing out stuff you guys want to see.

Like I said early, we've been going for seven years. Obviously we've been doing something right that whole time. Things may be in a bit of upheaval right now, but it will smooth out. We appreciate your understanding and honest feedback while the games evolve. :)

Marc14, JADES and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  2. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Not been around for years as I have been since day one and have never seen it. Amazing that newer players are saying that they have purchased it multiple times and get a reduced price each time

It has never been publicly posted that most of your 'old time spenders' have seen .... So yes, it gets brought up now ....

Lovingly captioned. Of course!!! How would you feel if you were us???

My last dime was spent in this game with the set of raids. Enjoy the new players cash :)

Kirsten likes this.
  3. John Whitehouse

John Whitehouse New Member

I'm a new player who didn't come from the other game. I have done my dailies every day, syndicate wars, boss raids, buy the highest powered items with my FP's, have completed every challenge available in time, crafting items, (yes I have played this game before so I know what I'm doing), and I am gaining levels quickly. No, I have never spent cash on anything.

For the love of god though, please tell me how someone can be at the same level as me in half the time on the game, and with 100,000 more strength? Really takes the fun out of it when I'm doing everything right and getting slaughtered at every step.

Backdoor Boo boo likes this.
  4. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

it looks like kano doesn't control the game anymore, Lol

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Looks like they ambushed you.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  6. Kirsten

7. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

You do put up with the most bitching from us and it is appreciated. I would have already logged in and killed many of us for our complaining. I do appreciate all you have done for us in the past. There have been many instances where the older players have been screwed over and over again. Our highers have waited on cities for forever at times. I get that every issue isn't up to you to insist on change. You do try but the devs don't always do it. I am glad the game is still going after 7 years or I would be playing some lame ass game. Or actually cleaning my house. Thank you for putting up with all of our bitching. No matter what is fair or what isn't fair when we see it, you do and have always kept your head when dealing with us. That is appreciated. But some of what the company does as a whole really blows

8. Angela Brown

Angela Brown Active Member

WOW!!!! JUST WOW! WHY DID WE NOT GET THIS OFFER?????????

9. Angela Brown

Angela Brown Active Member

WOW .. we were never offered such a break ... nor have we had that offer now .. sure many of us do not need the hired guns but even with out them thats a great package .. how horrible is it that kano chose to ignore the loyal players of this game who spend tons

Kirsten likes this.
  10. mary oldfield

mary oldfield New Member

well said John -- im a homeless mw player and am shocked that we have caused such a debacle - i am just trying to find a new game, had no idea that the protected i am recieving wasnt the norm - sorry everyone i just would like to be friends please

11. Spiros El Gato Loco

Spiros El Gato Loco New Member

Well,this offer blows.9,90 USD to get 2x Weapons,2x Armors,2x Vehicles,10x Hired Mobsters and 150 FP.So basically you can pay 990$ and get full mob,200x Weapons,200x Armors,200x Vehicles and 1500 FP to upgrade your character or buy more toys.Am i the only one thinking that's too much?This is a huge advantage to some of the new players that will spend.They will be able to beat 2 year old players in a couple weeks with minimum effort,no character building,no boss-hunting for drops.At least you could have set a limit to the times this pack can be bought,like 10 or 20.I understand that it is the way companies like yours work but this just sucks.It will lead to new players getting chainlisted non-stop from the older ones.But wait,then they will complain about being bullied again and i am sure that you will be able to find another way to protect your investment,again.Just remember that you did this to them and it will all be your fault in the end.Over and out :)

meet_joeblack and Kirsten like this.
  12. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

In the future they should test their updates on monkeys first:

13. Kirsten

geeeeze I have seen a few who have spent and a bargain, between raids and catering to the new players, I guess, and Kano do not tell me different, cause I see some who have leveled like crazy in a bit over a month and already have top loaylty items , guess they are your new cash cows, have fun with them, I won't be spending .

SweetestAngel likes this.
  14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

It is a "Starter Pack" and cannot be bought multiple times. It's incentive to new players to encourage them to play deeper into a game where others have had up to 5 years or more to get ahead.

We have offered those at 2 price points $2.90 + $4.90 on web and $2.99 + $4.99 on mobile. We recently made a change to $4.90/$4.99 and $9.90/$9.99.

Again, those can only be claimed 1 time and offered for a limited time. Offering once is a balance to those new players that are years behind but also to those long time players.

15. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

The more people that play the longer the game stays alive. Unless you want your game to end up like Zynga, dead and obsolete? All I have to say is if you are a new player and getting mistreated on your new platform come join us over at Kong.

16. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Kano, howzabout throwing together cheap packages like this for the players who have been here for some time and spent more than their fair share. Just a Tad on the unfair side, don't ya reckon? How about 100 items and 6000 fp as a once off sale for $1 to us players that have been here awhile and spent a decent amount of coin. This is the equivalent to what you're giving the new players which is nothing more than absolute unfairness. Do carry on and you may just see a lot of long term, loyal players quit spending just to attempt putting a stop to "specials" like these and as far as the sale items go, far, far, different story.

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It was 1 time deal for new players, why getting so greedy?
    Sure could use one for us long term players, but this is just asinine... :p

18. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Not greed, sarcasm!

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Kirsten

I totally got the sarcasm.

S E T H likes this.
  20. Kirsten

lol Sarcasm veiled in sarcasm , luved it