[LCN] Chat Group Question

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DeathWidower, May 3, 2016.

1. DeathWidower

DeathWidower New Member

I created a chat group to see if this would be a way to allow our related syndicates to chat with each other and it looks like it could work, but I do have a question - is it possible to give more than one person the ability to add/remove people from the chat group? I'm not finding a way to give permissions to anyone other than the creator.

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Only if make the chat public I believe.

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

You could make a FB group and use that chat.

Alfredo Scarface likes this.
  4. Alfredo Scarface

Alfredo Scarface Active Member

@DeathWidower yeah, I'd like to see that feature come in too.. along with ability to delete comments from groups. I've made a post about this back in October.

http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/request-ability-to-delete-posts-from-groups.16827/

But Kirsten has a good idea too. If you start a facebook group and give the link to all the people who you wish to join that group, once they have joined you will have an option to create a group PM with everybody in the group part of the chat. PM group chats are better than in game groups IMO.

DeathWidower and Kirsten like this.
  5. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

If you use facebook to create a chat anyone can add, just like we do with the boss chat's anyone can add

6. DeathWidower

DeathWidower New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. We do have a FB group, but were looking for in game alternative. :)

7. Sir Opinion Alot

ingame chat box has a tab you can create a group and add gamerlinks there i do believe you can make a couple people have permission to add to the group make sure not to set it to public tho if you want group only.

8. Sir Opinion Alot

9. DeathWidower

DeathWidower New Member

Thanks for the reply. I did create group before posting the message,but could not find wh re you could giv and there admin rights to add/remove people or delete messages. No biggie. Just hoping to find someone who knows more about it than me who can help. :)

10. DeathWidower

DeathWidower New Member

11. Alfredo Scarface

Alfredo Scarface Active Member

I don't see that option with private groups. Maybe it is in public ones but I wouldn't use a public group so not going to test that :D

12. DeathWidower

DeathWidower New Member

I didn't want public either, but tested it to see if different and it was not. We will likely use anyway, but would be so much better to have more than the owner with the rights to add/delete/edit.

Alfredo Scarface likes this.