November 15th- Boss Multi-Attacks

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We just released new sliders underneath "Attack" and "Power Attack" buttons that increase the amount of stamina to use which effectively just combines X attacks into 1, so if you have the attributes to take down the boss you can choose your stamina spend more wisely.

Right now you can use 1-4 Stamina for a regular attack or 5, 10, 15 or 20 for a Power Attack. If you don't currently have the max available for a Power Attack (20) that means that you need to increase your max stamina to have that option.

Changes will be made based on data collected and feedback! We hope that this change will make the game more enjoyable.

2. cesarr

cesarr Member

Will this happen for energy too? or for the other apps

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes the current plan is to eventually apply something similar to other aspects of the game including regular battles and adventures.

Regular battles will be the trickiest and will require a bit more thought than allowing a user to do 3 quests or 3 power attacks at a time.

4. yeah right now using more stam for a boost in reg battles actually shrinks max exp instead of gaining it.

no idea how your gonna pull that one off kano,but im sure youll think of something.

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Right now what we are thinking, **I always am weary about talking about what we are thinking because nothing is final and I have gotten burned on it before in the past but hey life is short**, we would still leave the stamina boost as is to give people the opportunity to beat people who are up to xx% stronger than them but requires the use of more stamina but have the option to do 2x or 3x attacks in one.

There are some issues with doing 2x or 3x attack options, for example we don't want people to be getting killed easier so we may look at an option where you spend more stamina to get higher XP and cash for wins.

As you can see, there are a couple options but definitely not as straight forward as adventures and bosses.

6. yeah i see what you mean bout those issues.

off topic but is there a shooter game in the works for pirate anytime soon?

7. yeah mabee like killin things with cannons heh.:D

8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes, it is fair to say you can expect to see some type of mini-game coming to PC in the near future.

9. My only complaint at the moment is that the screen keeps jumping around when I am rapidly attacking a boss causing me to click the slider by accident so the value of my attacks keep changing. 5, 5, 10, 5, 20...when I'm wanting to do straight 5's.

For standard battles as long as there is no greater chance of a battle kill on a multi-attack vs a standard attack I'm all for it. It shouldn't be a cheap way for weaker players to kill stronger players they would never have a chance against to begin with.

10. yes,the page does jump a bit and messes with how much stamina you are useing....i can live with it tho but better off fixed:D

11. Works fine for me and I love the sliders. I click on boss help and then click the slider to 20 and do one attack to help everyone. Makes lfe easier.

12. mistress bearcat

mistress bearcat New Member

loving the slider

count me in favour of the stamina slider. I love being able to kill bosses so much faster. Good move, Kano

sea bear