[LCN] Holding KANO responsible !!! .......

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by robbin gordon, Apr 15, 2016.

1. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

kano, you've been basically doing a decent job of taking care of your clients until this raid event, and i cannot contain my anger any longer. you were FULLY aware of the massive influx of NEW players that have descended upon LCN on facebook due to the closing of mafia wars, and have been watching, as the players have been pouring in. you decided to run a raid, and without thought or concern for your established players, failed to protect US in this event, and OUR money, our REAL money.

why didn't YOU think to block those new accts from access to the raids ? they're basically destroyed almost every raid they've entered.... not once, not twice, many of them have been compromised 5-10 times !!!! do you have a clue what happens to the XP ( YES, the XP that most of your high levels depend on to be able to level at all anymore ), when that happens ??? well, it demolishes the time we've spent, the money we've spent, and the trust we had. WHY ARE NEW ACCTS ALLOWED TO EVEN PARTICIPATE ? they have full blown protection from us from any kind of retaliation for destroying our raids, they cannot be listed or punched, but they are ALLOWED to run rampant and kill the one event many of us count on anymore to grow around here.

i am sick to my stomach thinking of how i save for these events, so i CAN spend, only to see hard work and time spent ignored and unappreciated.

i want to know what YOU, KANO, are going to do to make this up to us. and i really want a response. we deserve nothing less.

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This is not going to be the answer you are looking for, but we have been saying from the very first Raid if you join a public Raid, or make your Raid public then you run the risk of getting people who may not perform to the standards to which you have become accustomed to in private Raids.

If you are worried about lower level accounts joining the Raid and doing damage, only participate in private Raids. If you choose to participate in public ones, then you accept that these sorts of things may happen. The Raids were designed around private groups with the concession made for public ones under the assumption that if you did not have 29 other players to help you out you were OK with random players joining.

If you are inviting these new players to the Raid, we have been making resources available to them to instruct them on how the Raid is supposed to be played, and we have the benching mechanic to ensure they aren't causing too much trouble as they learn the ropes.

Marc14 likes this.
  3. robbin gordon

hi mitch :) i am aware of the public vs. private issues you speak of, trust me. i almost always just participate in the private raids, i wasn't born yesterday. i'd think, though, that kano would want their older players to befriend and welcome the new players in, and try to help them along. i see many of your clients assisting others thru world chat, and it's actually fun to watch occur. they're nice people, for the most part, and the established players have been engaging them to help YOU keep them around, spending, and happy. we're not stupid, mitch, and we understand it's to our advantage to assist them so there is a constant pool of players in this platform, which as we both know, has been a shrinking base up until last week.

please..... kano's posting a link in wc, and hoping they will read it, is a bit different from making yourselves openly available on wc and fielding their questions, as we have been doing FOR you guys. i'd think placing a live kano team member on the world chat to help them along and give them instant answers to their queries should have been a no brainer. what would it have taken for you guys to place someone on alert to watch wc to do so ??? not much. would have taken maybe 2-3 hours worth of time for one of you to monitor the boards, and help US to help them.

4. Alfredo Scarface

Alfredo Scarface Active Member

Maybe it's stupid/crazy, but would it be so bad for raids to not have a 'party health'? And then, the expectations for attacks could be increased two or threefold? I know a response is likely to be 'but then it's just like a regular boss' so before someone says that, please say why that is such a bad thing.

Edit: Or each person having their own health bar. It's a party of individuals, but each member has their own health.

Princess ZFG - tree likes this.
  5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We actually did do that yesterday, both myself and Tatum from Support were in the chat telling people how to get keys, what to do on Bosses etc and we most likely will do so again today. :)

6. sparkyvee

sparkyvee New Member

30 day protection = no Raid access

Simple.

There is going to be a LOT of players added to lists all over LCN, when that 30 days is up a lot of newbies are going to be very, very screwed!

Personally I believe there should be a disincentive built into the Raid - if you kill it you lose ALL the XP you have gained.

7. robbin gordon

Exactly. !!!!! you have protection ? you play no raids.

Justin the killer likes this.
  8. sparkyvee

sparkyvee New Member

Reefer,
    the problem here is the sheer volume of new players who don't understand certain parts of the game, ruining bosses for thousands of players. You'll also see I offered an alternative solution to banning newbies - an XP loss.
    Kano really needs to find some sort of solution to this - I have never seen so many perished raids, Robbin is absolutely right - I have seen Raids killed multiple times by the same players, even AFTER people have told them not to.
    This will be far and away the worst round of Raid bosses LCN has ever seen, I have seen more 'deaths' in ONE Raid than I have seen in ALL the Raids I have ever been in!!

I have already sent invites to a few good new players who are actively trying to advise other newbies, commendable behaviour, but I have also started noting some of the worst offenders and I know other people are and will be doing the same...

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  9. sparkyvee

sparkyvee New Member

Lol, I am a NEW MEMBER!!

Maybe I should post more...

robbin gordon and SweetestAngel like this.
  10. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Personally, I saw no one from support posting help/tips in chat and I was on pretty much from 4 pm Eastern until I went to bed. I did however turn into a spam bot posting the link for the raid boss walk through and feed back thread. Yes something needs done but players still need to step up and help out the newcomers. Its a no win right now for a lot of players and the new ones are being slaughtered. Maybe a quick screen flash explaining how the raid works before the player can even join? That way, no confusion, no loss of cash in Kano's pockets and us not spending our night trying to keep new players from being killed repeatedly and pissing off players that want them dead. I have no problem helping players but when it takes up pretty much my whole night, its gets monotonous.

11. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

what they need to do is have a Kano Chat only in the world chat so that if someone needs assistants they can get it for whatever reason but if it is reporting someone Support Only...see there ya go problem solved for all of us...

12. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

I could not agree with this idea more - it is SO simple and such an EASY solution to the problem at hand! I am currently in Public Raids (at my own risk) where new players have caused MANY problems because they didn't want to take the time to read guidelines and/or ask for help. For being negligent, I have attempted to give them a bit of persuasion to motivate them to take the time and learn how to play (like myself and every other player had to do in the beginning) by Punching or Hitlisting them, only to get the following message:

"You or the target player is under the new player 30 day protection, this action is unavailable at the moment."

From an experienced players point of view, it is absolutely CRAZY to know that a new(er) player can join a Raid Boss without taking the time to learn how to play, allowing the party's Health to perish repeatedly, attacking without refilling Health, being negligent in general, and therefore ruining payouts for every other party member and having ZERO ways to let them know their actions won't be tolerated! If you can join a Raid Boss, then I better be able to Punch/Hitlist/Attack if you WILLINGLY decide to completely ruin one for player's who take them (and the game) seriously, as @robbin gordon mentioned - we do have REAL money, hard work, and time invested, and should be able to take action against players who CHOOSE to be negligent! Some people just have to learn the hard way..

13. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

Well I guess it's your responsibility to share your boss with trusted players!!! Why would people even make it public knowing that there will be new players coming to game.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    MobMan and Marc14 like this.
  14. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

NO. why some players are too lazy to pick 29 good players and send them invites? it would be a better suggestion to tach them or redirect them how to play raids than limiting their game play

15. Alan jb

Alan jb New Member

my first post on here, so be nice! im one of the newbies you talk about, an ex mafia player. im liking the games laid back ways. joined a raid after reading up on it. holding my own, i think!
    12.Alan Jb Tea Bags Zam
    4868416 dmg not all of us jump in and screw up, just saying ;)

16. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

exactly, not everyone is like that. even if everyone are like that its upto raid owner to share his boss with known people.

Alan jb and Kirsten like this.
  17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

That spam bot was a support person.

18. Alfredo Scarface

Alfredo Scarface Active Member

Read again, she's talking about how she posted the link multiple times as if she were a spam bot.

SweetestAngel likes this.
  19. robbin gordon

I am not stupid. it is NOT my responsibility to take care of the new arrivals, but i have been assisting a few, too. i have never placed my raid in a wc, i have more than enough mobsters to handle a boss, and i can also easily handle one on my own. fyi..... alot of people were unaware of the new arrivals... not everyone reads wc, you know. many play across a number of platforms, and do not stop to read about insignificant babble ( which is what wc usually encompasses ).

all that is being said is that kano should have blocked them all until they either reach level 400, or their 30 day protection wears off. they have little knowledge of the game, and are messing it up at this moment for EVERYONE ELSE. not all long time players are in families, or syndicates. they only have the ec to place their raids into. if an alt. acct destroys one, and it's over 30 days, we all have resource to punish it. these newbies are running rampant ( not all, but many ), with NO clue as to how to play the game, and we, the veterans, can only sit by and watch it happen. it's sad.

20. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

I am keeping a record of all the newbies who are ruining raids I am on, as soon as they reach level 300 they are getting chain listed

Kirsten likes this.