Something that has always annoyed me about world chat.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jon Ward, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Okay it annoys me sometimes when you try to sit with a bag of popcorn and watch the world chat show. Why is it when you scroll up someone makes a comment it drops back down to that comment automatically. Lets say your playing catch up on everything to see who is screwing with who at the moment and just logged on. It's annoying you scroll to the top and start reading downwards and then all of a sudden someone comments and boom down to the bottom again and again. Why not have the ability to when you move the scroll bar it sits there until you put it back to the bottom on your own to catch up. Simple fix issue perhaps.

Orez and Kirsten like this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I totally agree, it is annoying lol

Jon Ward likes this.
  3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Weird, mine doesn't jump to bottom??? Does job feed do same?

4. Jon Ward

I rarely use job feed unless its raids so i am not 100 percent sure on that. It's not fast moving as the world chat is.

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Can't say I have ever seen my chat do that, it always stays where ever I leave the scroll bar.

6. Jon Ward

It happens all the time. When your scrolling trying to read the previous comments. Someone makes a new comment it will bump it down to their comment.

7. CazG

CazG Member

Have you checked your settings?
    Actions Jump to Response:
    Yes = Action links jump to top of page
    No = Action links remain at current position

8. Jon Ward

Yes i have been around a long time caz. I know about the settings. And all this affects is the screen on the game itself jumps to the top with a click on something. Not the actual world chat.

Sorry had to edit it this because when i read my reply it sounded like i was being rude about being here a long time. Which i wasn't trying to be.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    CazG likes this.
  9. CazG

CazG Member

It's all good. Know your experience in games but sometimes the simplest things can be overlooked. Was just checking. :)

10. Jon Ward

Yeah i agree with you on that one. Got a new galaxy 6 and the screen kept jumping up every click couldn't figure it out until last week when mi7ch posted about it for android phones. My previous phone had for over 2 years so i forgot to change that setting when i downloaded the app. So yes small things you do forget sometimes. But this world chat issue has been this way since day 1 as i can remember. And it's annoying when you want to read something and it does it. And here lately the world chat has been very amusing with players.

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

So this is on phone when occurs? Or both (regular comp) sorry just trying to narrow down, I seen you mention many times use phone.

12. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

nope. the same thing happens to me on my laptop using chrome. every time someone posts a comment, it goes back down to the latest comment, and i have to scroll back up to where i was. the chat is essentially useless, anyway. i just check it every once in a while out of curiosity.