November 8th- Developer Update (Bosses)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We just pushed out a fix for bosses today where old links to old boss battles will no longer go through to a new boss battle. So this should fix all the cases where you started a new boss battle and did not invite friends by posting a link but people still joined the battle anyways.

Now friends will only be able to get to your boss battles if you post a link.

If you experience any issues please let us know.

2. thank you for this.

3. problem.

the option to join a boss battle by pasting someone the URL of the active boss should still work but they get the message that the boss doesnt exist.

some of us like pasting others the link of the boss so only select friends can join the battle.
    we dont want the boss destroyed right away.

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That is not the correct behavior, I will push out a fix to revert the changes, once fixed I will push out an update. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Try now, just pushed out a fix. Boss links should now be unique for every new battle, if you have issues passing around links manually let us know and I will look into it further.

6. working.thanks Kendall.

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I may have spoken too soon. Now everything should be good to go, there was an issue with the link. If you have recently started a boss in the last hour or so and sent out links, go to your boss, copy the link and re-send again, the old link may not work.

Now all should be good, I am pretty sure I got them all this time.

8. i had sent the link to someone the first time they got in my battle.

well all should be good.thanks for the fix Kendall.

9. nope.spoke too soon again.

its happening again link is not working for everyone

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Well I fixed it last night, then the change got overwritten this afternoon and now I just fixed it again. This will be fixed for good this time hopefully.