what is a bully in a fighting game?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by The Protector, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

All parts of the game if someone ginds that is nit gun yhem they should play another game

2. Kirsten

You can throw the word bully around all you like but it is what makes fighting games just that , fighting games and just remember it is only a game, all the things you do not like are part of the game seems to me these types if gamez are nit something ypu really like to play there are plenty of fun games around

3. --Mz--

--Mz-- Member

here is the difference..a fight ends eventually

4. Kirsten

those of us that chose this game dud so for the very reasons you do not like the game, it is not gonna change cause ypu do not want to play this way

5. --Mz--

--Mz-- Member

Not complaining, just stating facts
    This thread asked
    what is a bully in a fighting game?

6. Kirsten

it is a very old thread made by someone who really did not play the game the way it is meant to be played and you are stating your opinion about the word bully ,not facts

7. --Mz--

--Mz-- Member

So i should have started a new thread to talk about my smaller peeps getting bullied and feeling the only way for it to stop is to quit ? is that what you are saying ?

8. Kirsten

No do not quit just know this is the game you, we , they ,chose to play and learn the game get strong and play all facets of it and have fun and if ya not having fun then find a game you enjoy cause this is the reality of the game. How some one feels anout it is up to each player you can feel anyway you want about it

9. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

why hell on what i feel about the game i dont mind players bullying me but what gets me players take advantage of players using alts an they dont know how to play the game fair plain an simple which make players like that NO LIFE who deserve not to play..like i said about bullying u can do that too me all day cause in the long run u are wasting your time on me lol....

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  10. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

You don't say bullying in a virtual game. Smack talk in a virtual game. Killing in a virtual game. Anyone catching on it's a game either click heal and keep playing or don't. And as far as the cheats go they are always going to be in games. Either help get rid of them by turning them in or don't. And let them keep ruining games and chasing people off. No one is a victim in a game only victim is you when you choose to play the victim.

Justin the killer and Kirsten like this.
  11. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i like how u spoken your mind on that too...but only problem is tho when u do turn players in u rarely see them getting ban altho they have been turned in on several occasion but yet u never see them gone but gladly i am thankful that kano as gotten traps an counters in the game an protection..but there are more i wanna say but im gonna keep it down a notch lol

12. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

I think "bully" might be the wrong word. Obsession with someone who you do not know but repeatedly nails you for months on end, for no reason might be considered unfair game play imo.

But if you yourself hit someone, you should expect retaliation no matter what level they are. In that respect, being a battle game, that would be a normal response. A good skirmish over a number of days is fun, even if I do lose or better yet, they do.

However, there are the occasional players that think the game is about hitting one person over and over for their entire game play. I fail to see the logic in that as there are so many others out there that can be hit. I do not find this obsessive game play being a good player. It kind of negates the whole strategy thing.

And yes I have complained about this once here in the forums. But it was resolved pretty quickly.

In 5 years of playing I have had the odd player do this. There are lots of things one can do about this. Try to get stronger (which I am trying to do at this point as I'm taking the game alittle more seriously now rather than just getting my daily GPs), ask your Guild/Armada/clan to help, or go to your stronger players and ask for some help. There is also the other option which I find has worked for me and that is to ask to clan with them. Surprisingly this has worked almost every time!

So no, I do not think the word bullying applies here, but it can be unfair and rude. For those that say "so what", all I can say is that this is not really the way to play the game. Pick and choose who you fight, but to repeatedly pick on someone ad nauseum is a whole other ball of wax.

13. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I dont really believe there are bullies in the game as it stands, but in the past I have given my thoughts how the game could be balanced better to avoid "bully" situations from transpiring to begin with

14. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

How can it be bullying when it's by design?

Kirsten likes this.
  15. George Burd

actually raids I think are to blame a lot because they artificially inflate pirates and they become weak

16. Jon Ward

[​IMG]

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  17. Kirsten

Even Before raids certain players with a farmville mindset,who say they want to play in peace lol have always complained,everyone has had the obsessed player/s on them,for me getting past them is the best revenge, ya have to decide what you want out of the game, and don't expect others to look at the game the way a pacifist players looks at it. Fight,Kill,List ,punch ,slap, what ever the game options are ,use the tools and learn the game and go kick some butt.

18. --Mz--

--Mz-- Member

Just to clarify.. these people who i see getting bullied, yes i will use that term, are not me... i have also seen the term cross game attacking..so tell me again there is no bulling ?

19. Jon Ward

If you dont want to be bullied in a battle game then dont play it. Plain and simple. People now days need a tougher skin. I bet you were one of the ones who got a participation trophy in things just so your feelings won't hurt or you didn't feel bullied.

Kirsten likes this.
  20. George Burd

There are some sickeningly relentless folks out there that crossgame and live to make others miserable, I feel bad for folks like that they must have a sad life