Bring back the secret gift!

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by JARVIN, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Do you want it back?

1. Heck yeah!

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. No way Jose...

20 vote(s)
    58.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

thoughts?

2. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

there is no point in having a gift that cant go towards any crafting, it is just a item youll never have any need for.

the only gifts that you should be aloud to send are ones that go towards a craftable item

chAZZ and CazG like this.
  3. CazG

CazG Member

Waste of a click

4. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

If the secret gift were actually a gift within a gift, a cool series of gifts of which one would fall in yer lap upon receiving, I'd be all for it. Hehe :rolleyes: The known secret gift was worthless. (I actually had a pirate tell me that they wrongly thought the gift to be worth something, back when the gift was available; & that was why she was doling them out to others. ~oops)

Mabest and Kirsten like this.
  5. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

No I don't want it. And perhaps the memorial gifts could be moved to the bottom of the screen. New players don't know what they are and I don't need a ton of them either. The secret gift was a fun gift to get back in the days before crafting. Problem is, it became a pita once we needed real gifts for crafting. The lazy people... yes I said it... lazy people.. send it out instead of bothering to take some time and do their gifting so as to gift back to people who are asking for specific gifts.

chAZZ, Chasity and Kirsten like this.
  6. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Now if you made the secret gifts a group of gifts which made up a collection and once you have the full collection you can exchange them for an item which would be of actual use then I'd be all for it.

Jimmyjamzit and chAZZ like this.
  7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The secret gift is dead, long live the secret gift.

Sparrowhawk, Chasity, Mabest and 2 others like this.
  8. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Are we really back on this again. Secret gift can stay gone. And as far as the memorial items go. Create a tabs somewhere maybe inside the profile tab called memorial tab and move all the memorial gift into that tab. That way you never have to remove a memorial item. And no one will have to collect them or get them sent. They will be in that profile tab for everyone to see and put the players name under the gift. That would be a better way to honor all those who have played Kano Games.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

There doesn't need to be another tab. Just put the name of the memorial gifts in a different color and put to the bottom of the gifts. Also put the information of the people in memorium on the leaderboard. That was already discussed and something was supposed to be done. I don't understand why we have to wait so long for some things.

10. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

why not? there are plenty of other useless gifts. what's one more?

11. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

You would rarely use the tab if it's under your profile tab. Under your profile tab you already have Beacon of Life tab which was an epic failure. Unless you count all the fake accounts trying to be brought back into the game using this. Scrap that tab and put all the gifts right there. Or put it right next to that tab. You wouldn't even click it by accident unless you choose to click it problem solved.

12. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

so instead of useless secret gifts, i get useless memorial gifts. thanks, that's a big improvement.

13. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Still don't think another tab anywhere is needed. Beacon of Life should be scrapped. Just a waste of server space.

14. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

People send the memorial gifts because they are too darn lazy to be bothered with sending or returning gifts properly. I think the memorial gifts were a nice gesture on the part of Kano, but yes, other than pretty on the page, they aren't worth anything. There are some other worthless normal gifts in the regular gifts anyway. I know there are many old gifts now gone. Pirate Sandwich anyone? lol

Chasity likes this.
  15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I've brought 3 back to the game because of elixir, not total lost cause but yes is hit and miss.. No they are not mini's before even say it.

16. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I had several people come back to the game. None of them stayed even long enough for me to get squat. Most would play hit and miss so that I couldn't get anything. As far as you thinking I would say they are mini's, I wouldn't say that. None of the ones even in my list of people I could send an invite to are either. Unless something has changed, you don't have a choice of who is on your list of people. The game determines that. :)

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Minis, minis, minis, let me say it then lol

18. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I like this idea. What about making it a random useless gift? There are plenty of those that can't (and never will be) used for crafting.

19. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Maybe Kano can introduce new achievements:
    5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000 Swabbie Dans recieved
    5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000 Bloody Axe Guitars received

20. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Memorial gifts are not used for anything, and Swabbie dan is a memorial gift

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.