[VC] TGIT! Viking Clan Development News Jan 18 - 22

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 22, 2016.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans January 4 - January 10

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 6
    KP2: 0
    Kong/Armor: 1

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Weekday Calendar!

Next Monday, January 25, will herald the start of the Snowy Hill weekday Calendar so get ready!

[​IMG]

Winter 2016 Item Creation Contest!

Have an idea for an awesome item you’d like to see in-game? Come and submit your idea in this thread here. Winners will receive their item for free along with 50 FP!

Power Heal Added to Battle Interface

A small, community requested change was pushed out yesterday (check the News feed for the actual announcement) that added the Power Heal button to the Battle interface. No doubt you have already noticed and are putting it to good use!

Thanks to community member @Kel the Merciful King for originally suggesting this and to @Demonik1 for making the thread about it, as well as the various others who have show their support. :)

[​IMG]

New Raid Event Next Thursday January 28

Get ready to face a new Raid Boss next Thursday!

[​IMG]

Why is This Update on Thursday?

No, tomorrow is not a holiday here in Kano, but I will be unable to perform my normal TGIF duties so I am posting it a day early. Support tickets will be answered as normal and I’ll make sure the forums are looked after in my absence.

Kongregate Downtime January 26

A notice to all of our Kongregate players, that network will have a period of scheduled maintenance on January 26 at 6:00 AM Pacific. They are not expecting it to last more than four hours, so services should resume by 10 am. If we get word that this is not the case, we will keep you informed!

Support Report Support Report with the newly appointed Support Reporter, admiralpenguin!

Everyone give a warm welcome back to Annick B! After almost a year away on maternity leave she has rejoined our Kano family :)

I'll hold for the cheering and applause.

I know that you have all heard this from us before but this week it's proven to be a bit of an issue so I thought I would touch on it again.

When you send us a ticket to Support your ticket will be placed in a lineup; the oldest tickets are dealt with first, and the newest ones are added to the end of the line.

Every time that you add to an existing it will get moved to the end of the line. It's like being in a grocery store checking and forgetting you needed eggs, or bread, or chocolate. You have to leave the line to grab your stuff, and when you come back you're at the end of the line.

We want to be able to help you out as quickly as we can so if you have already sent in a ticket please wait for a reply from us! If you have more information, or help with another issue just send us a second or third ticket :)

We're pretty quick on the turn around these days and you'll be answered within 48 hours, unless it's over a weekend, we're closed Saturday and Sunday so you won't receive our response until Monday. You can always check out our Knowledge Base ( http://support.kanoapps.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List ) for answers if you just aren't able to wait!

Terrible Joke of the Week
    [​IMG]
    Here's your lame joke of the week!

Two men walked into a bar.
    The third one ducked.

That's it for this week's TGIF! Thanks for reading everyone, and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

New Raid Event Next Thursday January 28

Get ready to face a new Raid Boss next Thursday!

I don't think is what the ingame stuff is saying .... right now its tomorrow ... which is Jan 27th.

Raid Boss (7)
    Disir
    Unlocks January 27-31

3. Kel the Merciful King

And just in Case folks were worried about event overlap ... tomorrow is also .... Battle Arena.

Battle Arena Details
    Begins:
    Wed Jan 27 14:00:00 PST

4. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

this is a mistake in game, then. raid events always start on a thursday. maybe if we spent more money the correct dates would be entered in the posts.

5. Jaegermeister

this is one of the reasons why raids never start on wednesday. there isn't going to be any overlap. unless the code for the event got screwed up in addition to the post.

CazG and Kel the Merciful King like this.
  6. Kel the Merciful King

I never noticed the Thursday start thing. Thanks for the observation.

I thought there was already a raid event this month ?

7. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

mi7ch its been 2 weeks since you said crafting coming out but not one mention of it come on at this rate [very slow] nothing going to be any good

8. Kel the Merciful King

what crafts do you want to see that would be any good for the game as whole?

I can't see *any* myself other than for the people who are not sharing bosses and clobbering again and again the same ones selfishly or not. Not saying you. Just aware of it out there. For XP there is nothing to hit atm in high levels. No drops worth a drachma more (drachma are under beds ... with bugs I think). So 30000 netcasters, to elite and destroy the balance in the game some more ? I don't like it a bit. I can amass them too and so can everyone else with the MF ... is there a point to it? NOPE!

Cheers.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thursday was supposed to be the start date, but it got opened a bit sooner than usual. We're closing down the Raids and will resume them at the usual time tomorrow. :oops:

10. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I just joined 3 raids, they will be closed down??? I stop attacking them?

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Raids that are already open should remain open.

12. Kel the Merciful King

Asymmetric advantages .... nothing new!

On that subject, this world boss kill off that allows some players 700 hits on them, ya think maybe that should be spread out a bit? Or just keep it close to those who are up at 3 am EST? You think this is fair? And fun? To see, say your opponent take off on them, while you um sleep? I think its pathetic and ill thought out. Can you send that one back to the factory?

Cheers,
    Kel

Since you blown it, why stop it?

I see some folks are like 100+ plus levels ahead of yesterday (one 200+).

You want my money for this crap??? Seriously.

Now I get to watch?

I got some FP's left ... and then SEE YOU!

13. Jaegermeister

i guess it wasn't just a glitch in the post after all.

14. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Maybe in the future they can do more Flash Raid Events :)

15. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Many players complain that some raids that they joined yesterday dont show up on their raids tab, and cant collect some finished raids.

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We're aware and are investigating. If you could please point those people to me, it would be much appreciated. :)

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I have one that I joined a few hours ago that was opened yest and it is where it is supposed to be ,the other four I was in one was my own, were all finished before the event opened today and all was collected also with not issue, at least for me

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  18. musashimaru

musashimaru New Member

Hi mi7ch, I was inna raid boss battle and when I entered now in the VC it showed me like this: "Something Wicked This Way Comes Disir (Level 1) EXPIRED BOSS" wth no possibility to collect anything, just to view the results. I've asked the boss owner about this but have no answer till now. Unfortunately I can't see that raid boss anymore, but my Minimum Actions were Complete at least 4x.

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We're working on an issue where players can't enter Raid Bosses they joined yesterday, but this sounds a bit different...you may have to contact Support for this. :)

20. musashimaru

musashimaru New Member

Well mi7ch thanks for answering, that boss showed up this time, but the reward is pitiful. For 23885701 damage in 6345 attack and for 1297615 life in 4120 heals I got the Pale Axe common reward, while a clan member of mine sent me his reward status : "10010397 damage in 2386 attacks and healed the raid for 1050893 life in 3480 heals. Based on these results you have been rewarded with the following: Dis Armor Dis Armor 438 Attack 190 Defense". Does that makes any sense to you?