[PC] kongrete going down wen calender starts

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alectaf, Jan 25, 2016.

1. alectaf

alectaf New Member

Planned Site Maintenance on Jan. 26th
    Kongregate will be down for a four hour extended maintenance and upgrade on Tuesday, January 26 starting at 6am Pacific Time. Please visit the forums for more details.

just wondering if kano is going to compensate the kongrete players with the lost time so calender can be completed in time

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'm not sure compensation is necessary or even applies to a situation beyond our control, but I will ask the team if we can look into possibly extending the Calendar for the length of time the maintenance takes place.

3. Marius

Marius Member

I appreciate it's not so much of a Kano issue, and that Kong controls it's own schedule, but on behalf of the players who choose to play there it'd only be fair if the scales should be evenly balanced in some way.

And out of curiosity, from a couple of things I've read in the past, is it to be assumed the relationship between Kano and Kong isn't exactly copasetic??

4. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that this won't affect Armor players, even though both Kong & Armor meet in the same venue?.

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Our relationship with Kong is perfectly amicable, but when they need to have scheduled maintenance, well...they need to have scheduled maintenance. :)

Unless Armor coincidentally has some maintenance planned at the same time, then that network should be unaffected. :)

Chasity likes this.
  6. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

mi7ch i think an easy thing to do is just give a couple keys to kong players for when the downtime happens. This would keep the scheduled on track and not add more time to armor which some might complain about lol just have a optional reward claim or something so everybody on kong that wants it will get it.

7. Chasity

The calendars are such that one has to be around to hit for to get the next key. It seems more fair to just give Kong members some extra time instead of giving them the work of getting the keys done for them.

8. neill1990

but giving only kong members time im not sure is possible since kong and armor are fused. Im pretty sure giving kong members more time will give armor more time as well and then we will have people complaining about that lol

9. Chasity

Yes I'm not sure how that'd be done & you're right that somebody will inevitably be complaining about something. I work really hard to get my keys; so just handing Kong members free keys doesn't seem right either (although, in this case it may be the easiest "fix" to the situation).

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  10. CazG

CazG Member

There are always situations that seem unfair every now and then.. Missing BA cause it on when you're asleep, having bad lags when you're going for a kill, systems down for upgrades or whatever. The hard fact is that you're not going to please everyone 100% of the time. Yes ask the question but realise that if it's good for one it should be good for the rest.

11. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Kong is now down. I repeat... Kong is now down!
    I don't want anything for their maintenance. Maintenance happens and everyone would be mad if they hadn't of announced it in advance and just did so without warning.

12. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

I was logged in all through the maintenance - I didnt get booted and managed to open doors all the way through.

Im gonna get tshirts done - I survived the great 2016 Kong outage.

Takers anyone?

Chasity and Kirsten like this.
  13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We had a good feeling that if you were logged in during the maintenance and didn't refresh then you would not be affected.

Looks like the maintenance period was fairly short, so I don't think an extension on the calendars is necessary. :)

14. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Im sure someone will be on telling you about the inconvenience they suffered though! lol

15. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I was logged in when it went down. It disconnected me and kicked me out. I didn't suffer. lol

16. neill1990

i was asleep during the maintenance... this is just such an inconvenience lol didnt affect me, havnt had much time to play recently so wont be surprised if i only get 1 done.