[LCN] Get Rid of Gifts?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SwiftlyInnocent, Jul 1, 2015.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

New game LOL? I think you mean ZS... ;)

Kirsten likes this.
  2. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

mistakes can happen lol ;) yes I mean ZS, in the first line I mentioned it right lol

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

99.9% of the time, changes made in one game are made to all of the games and platforms. gifts work the same in all of the games, so it doesn't matter which game you play if you want to provide feedback about gifts. that would apply to other elements of the game as well (such as crafting, power healing, etc.)

Kirsten likes this.
  4. Orez

Orez Active Member

I would suggest getting rid of the items on gift list that aren't being used for crafting or jobs.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Well some are memorial gifts made to. Remember players who have passed on

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  6. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

there wouldn't be many gifts left to send if that was done.
    and then there's that.

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

New players can actually use some of the non-craftable gifts in their inventory as well.

Kirsten likes this.
  8. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

Bad items can be usefull sometimes...when you're doing some levelling sometimes you need loadout as bad as possible:p

9. Gazzaaaa

Gazzaaaa Active Member

Maybe the currently not-useful-for-crafting items will be involved in a future crafting update..!

10. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

they can't even do anything with existing crafting. you want them to come up with a whole bunch of new crafts for gifts that have been around for years NOW? i say get rid of the whole mess (crafting AND gifts).

11. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Then I either keep the slot empty or put a decent item in. Never felt the need to put a poor item in.

ChewbaccaSW likes this.
  12. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

If you are someone who has no use for crafting or gifts all you have to do is nothing. Don't click on that link, don't accept the gifts, don't send any gifts. Just because you don't need the feature doesn't mean crafting/gifting should go away.

ChewbaccaSW, Kirsten and Gazzaaaa like this.
  13. ChewbaccaSW

Accepting/giving gifts permit also to get some points for the dailies :) It's always good

14. Gazzaaaa

Gazzaaaa Active Member

And it makes me feel special when the high level players gift me!

Kirsten likes this.
  15. ChewbaccaSW

@Gazzaaaa : me too, even if i prefer receiving a big boss :p

16. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

but you don't need the gifts to win fights, even early on, so they are still pretty useless.

you can have no loadout, so you don't need bad gifts.

if you need to count on accepting and receiving gifts to meet your dailies, you should probably be playing something else.

you must not get many boss links then.

17. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I am a top level on Kong LCN...... and so there is no one above me. And I still craft. My current craft is 118/112 which replaces my lowest items used which are 102 attack and 110 defense. That is an increase of +16 attack and +2 defense which is a total of +18. I can't seem to get enough gifts to keep up with the job drops I get as it takes two gifts per craft.

And I after I finish with that craft the next one is 112/122 which will replace my lowest used at 113/111, so a +11 to defense. That craft also uses two gifts.

So gifts at least for now are still needed. Now if they came out with cities on a regular basis and kept up with the current highest levels so that even the top level was still trying to reach the last city released, that might be a different story. But as of right now, some of the top levels are 2000-3000 levels past the last city and would be in the next 4-5 cites already if they were released today. When you consider the effect that 4 or 5 new bosses would have on those top levels (including the entire game as those bosses were shared) and the job drops for four or five new cities...... crafting may not be as important.

They don't even have the crafts out yet for the elites and optimals for the moon boss yet.

18. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

this seems like a lot of work just to add a few points, especially if you are the highest level player in a particular game.

19. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

Accepting gifts is not really much work. I accept all the gifts going up and then go down the list from the top clicking on SEND GIFT. Not that hard. And doing jobs for the job drops.... what else would I do with my energy? And when you end up doing 1500-1600 crafts for over 25,000 added to defense, how is that a waste of time? And being the highest does not mean by any stretch of the means make me the strongest. I don't spend a lot and even after three years+ of playing I have not even reached "69% to Alexandrite Tier".

Orez likes this.
  20. Gazzaaaa

Gazzaaaa Active Member

Sadly not! Care to share yours with me?!