Ba participation

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Hellhavenofury:), Dec 16, 2015.

1. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

the brawl phase stinks. you can get some kills in, but there isn't a way to heal up for 8 hours until the sudden death phase starts. so your health keeps going down from all of the attacks, and there's no point in going after anyone in defensive stance unless you have boosted your health to at double what you have at the start.

2. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

When it comes to BA it's all about timing. If you aren't there from the beginning for the first round you may as well sit out and wait for the start of sudden death. Then you must be there for the start of sudden death otherwise all the good targets have already been eviscerated and you are left picking through the scraps for something not in defensive mode.

3. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

The way to "heal up" during brawl stage is to be knocked unconscious. Upon returning to battle, you'll be in full health. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  4. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

once again if the arena was tiered for the first phase so that the highest players couldnt control the game then more people would participate, noone is gonna spend any money to heal and die 10 seconds later

5. luke

luke Member

more players joining is what we need,it would let more players have a chance auto join or free level for sign up...

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

No auto join

7. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

You're right of course. It's not linear. But bigger players will always have an advantage (generally speaking. Good lower level players can absolutely place well). I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Bigger players put alot of time into the game to get big. Like in real life, if yo go to a body building contest the body builder will win, the basement dwelling, sun fearing, facebook-game player will not. :)

8. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

Battle arena is a extreme time dedication event. Not many have 6-10 hours of straight time to set in front of their pc and go at it in BA. This is the sole reason i only enter it a couple times a year.....Takes to long and to much effort. I tend to believe many whom dont bother entering feel the same way!

9. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

My point really is that lower levels have a chance to place higher than they did before, especially if they play smart and the more that participate, the better their chances of placing higher and the more levels they will all gain and eventually those lower levels wont be so low and able to place even higher and even give the big guys a run for their money. Im under half the number one player on server 2 and barely lost to him in points when we both went all out a few arenas ago... Its not always the biggest and baddest that place in the top 5....I know fb is a different beast but with some smart game play and a little luck even the little peeps can do well if we all do a little more... By raising the rewards, kano has the ability to make that happen and nothing is stopping them but stubbornness

10. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

BA doesn't take 6-10 hours of straight time any more, since Kano's BA format change/overhaul. I manage to play an average 20 mins-1 hr the first stage of BA, and another 20 mins-1 1/2 hrs come reset. The real trick is being online at the start of each stage, to place well.

George Burd likes this.
  11. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

I agree completely. It is all about timing. Except for me Sudden Death lasts about 30 mins if I'm lucky.

12. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I quit doing the arena because it takes a large chunk of my Favor Points to play. Plus I realize I will never get in the top ten and I will never win or place top 3, mainly because of the way this is set up, especially now. I really don't enjoy this Sudden Death format.
    Auto add.... No Thanks!

bighoof and Kirsten like this.
  13. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

I fully respect that you don't like it and chose to not play. But i think you may be missing out on some fun. If you play from start and have the daily stam boost left + maybe a few days of the stam rewards saved you can easily work your way to a decent score and earns 2-4 FP in reward. The xp is also very good so you might level. There is also the achievements that will come eventually for attacking and killing in arena.
    One of the reasons i play is that i make easy FPs from the reward and that is without placing well at all. So you don't have to spend, just save up some stam and have a go :)
    Usually (i play ZS, VC and PC) i try to play brawl from the start and play until i die the first time. 15-30 minutes of play makes me 2-4 FP.
    And sometimes, if i'm in the mood i buy keys for 3 credits if i'm close to levelling so i plan play a bit more (ZS). I don't care about placing high, i just want the rewards.

George Burd and Chasity like this.
  14. Kirsten

It use to be fun but sudden death is not something I am ever around for ,nor is the timing always good but for me sudden death is the middle of the night I do not get up or stay up just for a game I have a job .

George Burd and bighoof like this.
  15. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Kirsten likes this.
  16. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Battle Arena is a joke plain and simple now. It used to be a challenge if you won it. And something to brag about. Now all it is is a glorified money spot. Whoever spins the most in arena will win it plain and simple.

17. bighoof

bighoof Member

It's a joke and have only attempted to play a handful of times since the last update...some I have forgotten if you come in after that there's no chance. And FORGET the auto add feature!!!

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  18. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

meh...
    When you consider that kano claims to have 2million players in zs they've never even had 0.1% of their player base join.
    Conclusion...BA is and has always been a big flop :p

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Kirsten

Yup I was never a fan of it back when it was just an idea :p

George Burd likes this.
  20. SwiftlyInnocent

SwiftlyInnocent Active Member

If only they would do this on LCN

George Burd likes this.