[VC] TGIF! Viking Clan Development News Jan 4 - 8

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 9, 2016.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans December 21 - December 27

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 3
    KP2: 0
    Kong/Armor: 0

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pixelator Weekend Calendar!

Kick it old school this weekend with the Pixelator Weekend Calendar! It runs until Monday January at 10 am Pacific.

[​IMG]

New January Crates!

Want a chance at one of three new Legendary items? Check out the new Crate selection, available now!

[​IMG]

Update to the World Boss

A small change to the World Boss was released today wherein the active players needed to unlock the Power Attacks have been adjusted based on the current population of each game and network.

The goal here is to have players doing more damage to the World Boss throughout its availability so it doesn’t always make it to the last day. Let us know how it works out for you! :)

Support Report Support Report with the newly appointed Support Reporter, admiralpenguin!

Happy New Year players!

I hope the first week of 2016 has been great for each and every one of you!

We'd like to remind players that pretending to be a member of staff is not the best idea and will probably result in your account being suspended.

Although we don't intentionally hide who we are, we also don't go around sending private messages to players or posting in chat about being Staff. Official Kano employees have other means of gathering information than asking in world chat or private messages!

Kano/Apps Staff members will never ask for your password, and won't be messaging you in game. If we're going to get in contact it'll be through email, a support ticket, or through a notice on your account.

Anyone who does otherwise and says they're staff is a fib telling scoundrel, and we'd appreciate it if you could report those rascals to us!

Cheers,

AdmiralPenguin
    who recently spent two hours watching penguins pengwin (not at work though, obvs)

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

Can February march?
    No, but April may.

That's it for this week's TGIF! Thanks for reading everyone, and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I wanted to slip this into the TGIF but it didn't seem like the place: we're making progress on the release of the Elite and Legendary crafting for the items we are missing such as the Netcaster and Freyja's drops. I don't have a firm date to give anyone, sadly, but it is something that we're pushing towards doing sooner rather than later.

As soon as I have confirmation of a date, I'll let you know either here in the forums or the in-game news feed.

3. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

thats great, but what items will be crafting

4. James Wright

James Wright Member

Ok, so Bully has asked a question, the weekend is over, life has moved on.....any chance of a reply Mitch. KANO getting a touch tardy when it comes to keeping players updated. You want us to spend our cash, give us a sodding incentive rather than keeping us in the dark all the time!

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's in my post.

It's in my post.

6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

in other words, don't hold your breath.

7. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

ok think im missing something here your changing netcasters to what weapon/warriors as these have already been crafted into Whalebone Bow, and Freyja is a very old boss sp plz exslain what is getting crafted and what into thx

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Bully does have a good point here Mitch, unless going to make reverse recipe for Netcasters/Whalebone Bow, all he's asking is what not to craft before.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Much like the Spirit Stags I don't imagine we'll be making reverse crafting recipes for the Whalebone Bow to keep it consistent (although I am going to review the crafting recipes personally from here on out to make sure we're not using Boss drops that will eventually become Elite/Legendary compatible).

We're updating the Boss Drops and Freyja drops to Elite and Legendary versions to be consisting with previous releases, even if it is slightly out of date by now.

JADES likes this.
  10. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

so your going to make Freyja's drops high enough for us to use, otherwise it will help low level players only which will be waste of time for others and surely a waste of time and effort you lot have spent doing it could have done another adventure/empire