Ba participation

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Hellhavenofury:), Dec 16, 2015.

1. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

Kano it is time to revisit the ba participation problem.The last pc was around 600 joined zs later today has only 570 a few hrs before it starts.I realize a good portion of people dont mess with ba anymore but for those that do we need more players involved.Why cant kano add a few un for joining say 5 for all wjo join and maybe increase the placement rewards.Ba still will be a money maker even if those extra players who sign up dont play those that do will need to spend un for the extra stamina to kill off those players.With the addition of the bounty event and new world boss every minute final day there is alittle more fun in playing now.Add that extra fun back into the ba

2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

OOOORRRRRR make battle arena a real event and not he who spends the most wins. divide the arena battle lists better into tiers such as the raids are. make the big spenders duke out the first part among them selves, and when sudden death begins give everyone a similar base attack changed only by the allocation percentages

CazG likes this.
  3. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

That's actually a lot more than we get on Kong/Armor LCN. Count your blessings.

4. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Yeah on Kong/Armor a few hundred sign up. A few more than 100 participate and maybe half of that are serious about it. I agree something needs to be done but unfortunately I do not know what.

5. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

Or load UN members we can slap around like a red headed sTep child

George Burd likes this.
  6. Hailok

Hailok New Member

I unlocked the option to join the BA not to much time ago, seems fun but might not be worth using my stam on it... I'll have to play if I want to know.

7. RafeDavid

The current set up of BA can be a good source of XP if you find the right targets.

8. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I agree, but unfortunately it is not always easy to find a good target, especially one that gives good points as well. But it sure is nice when you do!

9. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

The BA really needs a shake up to get participation going again.

10. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

Yes, the battle arena has become a really unpopular event. Changes need to be made in order to get more players to sign up for it. If it means giving extra FP, then i'm all for it.

11. RafeDavid

Perhaps like SW there would be tiers and the first round you only competed with those in your tier using a limited number of tokens which regenerate over time like SW as well. Then Sudden Death would be the free for all but once again using a preset amount of tokens which regenerate over time. This way defense mode would actually serve a purpose as someone licks their wounds and tries to recharge tokens. This way the really strong players would seek out those closer to their own level as those players would provide more points (the purpose of limit set of tokens) instead of just going down the line and killing off everyone in their path. And for the sake of Kano making money there would be the opportunity to purchase a limited number token refills.

12. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

Using tokens sounds like a good idea, but it will make the event even more boring. The great thing about Battle Arena is that it's fast paced. This will slow it down a lot, we already use tokens for Guild Wars, and in my opinion, find that pretty boring. So no thanks to that idea.

13. funnyman

funnyman Member

i still believe the auto join feature is the way forward in ba..... again people who wont play wont feel a thing at all

Chasity likes this.
  14. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Here's why most refuse to participate in the arenas and its the same reason now as it was for the old one.... THE REWARDS SUCK BIG FLOPPY DONKEY D**K! Until they change them, nothing will change

15. RafeDavid

Start times eliminate a good percentage of people as well. For example this BA I will not be participating due to the start time. Yes there are 8 hours between the start and sudden death however unless you can start at the beginning there just aren't enough targets to make it worthwhile.

16. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

The use of tiers would never work on kp2. There are so few players left that it is difficult to get daily battle points by attacking people in my own range, and the number of participants is even lower for the arena so there would be very little incentive to play in it if I were limited to a tier of people in my range to hit.

Chasity likes this.
  17. luke

luke Member

hell no to token or limitation of any kind i built my slayer around ba bc exp is so good,love ur ideal b...auto join the same players that get listed by kano above the level threshold..

Chasity likes this.
  18. RafeDavid

The point of the post was ways to get more involvement in BA; not leave it 'as is' for the minority that likes the current set up. Your post however does bring up the problem with any in game changes which many overlook; players who built their character based upon how the game was set up at the time. Those players are greatly impacted with any changes to the game.

19. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

ummm ya but kano didnt care about that last time the change was made and now i have balanced my character after a year of play. if ya spend cash on raids you can do it faster now too. so in reality the rules are not set in stone so change away and get more people to play again looks like a viable option

20. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

If the rewards were better than more would try to get them, its that simple. I could easily get first or 2nd on serv2 and get more fps than i spent easily but most cant so they do very little and get a few fps and its BA as usual. If there were more rewards to entice the masses to play more and try harder, we would see an increase in BA activity all across the board....and it's not a tough fix for them either and really, what does kano care if we get more rewards for our time spent on their game? Its not like they would make no money from it so i dont understand why they have refused to adjust it since the induction of the arenas cause this has been brought up multiple times throughout every version of the arenas with plenty of support yet here we are still talking about arena participation when the answer has been there all along