[VC] TGIF! Viking Clan Development News Dec 7 - 11

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 12, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans November 30 - December 6

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 8
    KP2: 378
    Kong/Armor: 5

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hot Springs Weekend Calendar!

After a small Friday the 13th mix up, the Hot Springs Weekend Calendar is good to go! It runs until Monday, December 14 at 10 am Pacific.

[​IMG]

Gamer Point Collection Fix

Previously when joining a different Guild you couldn’t accumulate personal GP until the next day of the season as a side-effect of not being able to gain GP for your Guild during this time. This is no longer the case! If you change Guilds you can continue to collect personal Gamer Points. You still have to wait until the next day for your GP to go towards your Guild, though. :)

Changes to the World Boss

Yesterday we rolled out a small update to the World Bosses: on the final day the Boss is available, the time between attacks will be decreased from 15 minutes to 60 seconds, so you can attack the Boss every minute. We can adjust this further based on feedback, but for now try it out and let us know how you feel.

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday, players!

And a happy Hanukkah as well, to those who celebrate it. :)

We would, once again, like to remind players that we don't sabotage actions or otherwise interfere with player combat. Trust me, maintaining a smooth and responsive game environment is sufficiently challenging and we're not looking for ways to make this more complex. ಠ_ಠ

If you are having trouble performing a battle action, there might be a connection issue. Here's a few of things you can try that can help rule out common problems:
    • logging out and clearing your browser's cache

• checking that your your browser is updated to the latest version

• rebooting your computer or device
    If you continue to have difficulties, please let us know and we'll look into things on our side. It's not in anyone's interest for the game to be slow or buggy!

Cheers

Aardvark
    who recently discovered she and mi7ch are drift-compatible. Our Jaeger's name is Crispy Tapier.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

Why was the archaeologist sad?
    His career was in ruins!
    That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

KP2: 378 player bans? Wow! How many players are left playing there?

Sparrowhawk likes this.
  3. Lester peterson aka Pete

Lester peterson aka Pete Active Member

:):)
    the game is slow and buggy I have done what you have suggested already. note today rival clans just has a number I have to reload the site twice maybe three times when switching from boosts to assist challenges it sometimes hangs. I don't believe your messing with it but I think you might have been hacked. I know I will always be treated fairly

4. CazG

CazG Member

Thanks for the slow fix suggestions. Tried them all and got to admit that none of it works. Still a PITA. However interesting to note that this issue only occurred when I upgraded to Windows 10. Coincidence?? IDK.

5. Lester peterson aka Pete

that's bad very bad but I don't care if there are three players left as long as they don't cheat and follow tos:eek:

6. Lester peterson aka Pete

yes it is I have windows 8 still having problems it is not a platform issue it's not wifi it's not a slow connection I just don't know?

7. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It is not currently set to expire at any point but we are looking for someplace else to put it.

9. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

thx dont know why they wasted time to do it, if anything should have put a x so we can hide it or keep it

10. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

Yes, we don't need those Bounty Blitz stats. They don't mean much to us.

11. Adela

Adela New Member

"Changes to the World Boss

Yesterday we rolled out a small update to the World Bosses: on the final day the Boss is available, the time between attacks will be decreased from 15 minutes to 60 seconds, so you can attack the Boss every minute. We can adjust this further based on feedback, but for now try it out and let us know how you feel."
    Would you be able to start the 60 seconds at different times of the day? The 15 mins used to start at 2 AM for me. thanks.

12. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

a player asked for it here in the forum, so now we have it. options to hide things are not encouraged. everything is static now, whether you like it or not.

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Not that this makes it better, but nobody asked for it in the forums, we did this of our own accord.

Just clearing up misconceptions. :)

14. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

Adela, by a day I think Mi7ch means 24 hours before the boss is due to end. If this time were varied some would have more critical attack time and others less.

I do take your point though. With the wait time being lowered to just 1 minute I can see this being even more unfair to some. Before this change a single player on at 2 AM (Adela's time) would only be able to get in 6 x 4 attacks before an 8 AM wake-up time. That same player would in theory be able to get in 6 x 60 attacks in that same 6 hours making it more likely that the boss has been killed off before you get your chance. On the plus side you need to be on for less than half an hour during this period to get the maximum number of drops.

15. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

Oops! Looks like someone's been caught out using factual inaccuracies ;)

JADES likes this.
  16. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I get depressed seeing the stats and all the fun i missed lol

17. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

The new last day timings on the World Bosses is not working out for me. Since the change I have only managed to see ONE boss on the minute cooldown timer. Because the finish time of WBs are fixed this gives a significant advantage to those in a more favourable time zone (early evening in Australia and New Zealand).
    1. There are quite a few ways to fix this but I propose one of these methods:
    2. Revert to the original 15 minutes (easiest)
    3. Increase the last day cooldown period from 1 to somewhere between 2 and 14 minutes (still experimenting with the timer).
    4. Stagger the start and finish times of WBs by a few hours (after all it's not set in stone that they have to start or finish at midnight West Coast time) (hardest to do)
    No. 4 would be my choice. A fixed finish time has never really been fair when considered internationally but this change has emphasised this. A rolling start time would help smooth out the advantages.
    Of course you could get really radical and scrap them altogether or just permit them to fail.