[PC] TGIF! Pirate Clan Development News Dec 7 - 11

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 12, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans November 30 - December 6

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 2
    KP2: 2
    Kong/Armor: 2

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hot Springs Weekend Calendar!

After a small Friday the 13th mix up, the Hot Springs Weekend Calendar is good to go! It runs until Monday, December 14 at 10 am Pacific.

[​IMG]

Raid Event this Weekend!

The Naga Queen is attacking your flotilla! Gather your allies and take her down!

[​IMG]

Gamer Point Collection Fix

Previously when joining a different Armada you couldn’t accumulate personal GP until the next day of the season as a side-effect of not being able to gain GP for your Armada during this time. This is no longer the case! If you change Armadas you can continue to collect personal Gamer Points. You still have to wait until the next day for your GP to go towards your Armada, though. :)

Changes to the World Boss

Yesterday we rolled out a small update to the World Bosses: on the final day the Boss is available, the time between attacks will be decreased from 15 minutes to 60 seconds, so you can attack the Boss every minute. We can adjust this further based on feedback, but for now try it out and let us know how you feel.

Bounty Flash Events!

After a small break after the initial debut in Viking Clan, the Bounty events will be making their way to the other games over the next week and will run through the rest of the month. If you want more info on how Bounty events work, check this thread here.

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday, players!

And a happy Hanukkah as well, to those who celebrate it. :)

We would, once again, like to remind players that we don't sabotage actions or otherwise interfere with player combat. Trust me, maintaining a smooth and responsive game environment is sufficiently challenging and we're not looking for ways to make this more complex. ಠ_ಠ

If you are having trouble performing a battle action, there might be a connection issue. Here's a few of things you can try that can help rule out common problems:
    • logging out and clearing your browser's cache

• checking that your your browser is updated to the latest version

• rebooting your computer or device
    If you continue to have difficulties, please let us know and we'll look into things on our side. It's not in anyone's interest for the game to be slow or buggy!

Cheers

Aardvark
    who recently discovered she and mi7ch are drift-compatible. Our Jaeger's name is Crispy Tapier.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

Why was the archaeologist sad?
    His career was in ruins!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/pirateclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/pirate-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/pirate-clan-game/15877
    iOS: http://go.onelink.me/3053715728?pid=Forum&c=tgif_link

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Still would be nice to let people know when the flash events are coming for the bounties. I think its a terrible idea otherwise. Your going to let the ones who use scripts and bots run amuck with this also. We have already heard their doing it in the other games.

3. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

:)Very Nice Gamer Point Fix!:cool: I have yet to switch armadas, so didn't realize it was a "thing." Definitely, a pirate would be wanting to keep his/her loot, regardless of where the ship travels, buahaha!

Elle F likes this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Levels 0-5500
    Levels 5501-9499
    Levels 9500+
    I don't play PC much, but 1st tier seems high to me and joined a quite a few of them. Facebook
    I'm sure it was suggested, but still oh well..

5. Jon Ward

The tiers have been adjusted numerous times since raids have hit. It was a lot lower at one time. Now because of fast levelers its always getting adjusted almost every other raid event.

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Quick question Mitch, when VIEW bosses, which include raid bosses...
    Why does a defeated boss say "expired boss" then have to go to raid tab 1 by 1 to collect the rewards?????:eek:

Example picture
    CaptureA.PNG

I didn't click on [view results] so not sure if can collect there, but should we have to if so?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    Jon Ward likes this.
  7. Jon Ward

I agree with you on that Jades. It was fine when we were able to collect them just off the boss page itself without having to hit the raid tab to collect them. So your clicking numerous times more just to get the reward or see them expire twice on two different tabs.

CazG and JADES like this.
  8. CazG

CazG Member

Saw the "expired Boss" link. Clicked on it.. no Raid.. no rewards. Thought someone was a Raid Killer and I missed out.

9. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Something was definitely wrong here. We shouldn't be seeing "expired" on a raid that was only 3 days old. I saw that yesterday. When in fact, rewards were to be collected.

JADES likes this.
  10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'll ask the dev who built this about the intended functionality, thanks folks. :)

CazG and JADES like this.
  11. CazG

CazG Member

Thanks Mitch :)

12. Jon Ward

Hey Mi7ch 3 bosses were completed on raids 100 percent completion it said i missed out on collecting the rewards. Expired Boss. How is this possible. Before i went off last night i collected all raids completed and even earlier this morning when i had a few mins to play i collected some. Now i am wondering if i even got those rewards from those raid bosses i collected. I was on 101 total raids i have been keeping count 4 raids did perish out of time not completed so far. 60 items collected so far and i have 25 raids left. So i am losing out on items and now that the green bar completion has been implemented i have not missed meeting the requirements since it has been added to the raids. So how is it i am missing 12 items now from raids.

CazG likes this.
  13. CazG

CazG Member

Oh to have the stamina for 101 Raids!! WTG Jon!! ;)

14. Jon Ward

Patience and a lot of favor points hoarded waiting on raids to come around every time. And it's not about fast leveling for me. It's about the items for me because doing it the right way you can make yourself stronger easily with raids and not weaker leveling 100s to 200 levels plus more in a raid event.

CazG likes this.
  15. CazG

CazG Member

Very wise strategy that I've been also following.. Just enjoying the game... yes, even crafting. LOL :p

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Contact Support and they'll check and see if you have properly corrected the rewards. If not, they will set you up.

CazG likes this.
  17. Maureen

Maureen Member

I work hard on a raid, 15488643 dmg, and they gave me a half reward again!! this is the second time I played this raid, doing 20 raids each time!! This is what I been getting:Tree Sprite, Tree Sprite= 194 Attack - 147 Defense; Owned: 4 !! I own a lot of half prizes This is what I got out of 23 raids, counting last time and this time: 3 common rewards, the rest were half rewards!!! Makes me wonder if I should bother playing!!
    Common Superior

Own: 2
    Own: 0
    Own: 1

18. Maureen

Maureen Member

Just so you know on 3 of these raids, I was right at the top so you can't say I didn't work for them!!

19. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Mi7ch, that collecting from raids glitch is still there in the Boss area. If you go to click on a dead raid from there it still says the wrong thing. You have to go to the Raids tab to collect and the info there is correct.

20. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Are you doing 1000 heals