Bounty/Hitlist "Flash" Events Running Over the Next Week

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Dec 9, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey folks,

At some point over the next week in all of the games we will be running several "flash" events. This is a short, one-to-two hour affair where we will give bonuses for doing certain in-game activities. These flash events will be centered around Bounties/Histlisting! Here's what you can look forward to:

• Bonuses will be given for Bounty actions
      • Kill reward
        • Value of bounty will be inflated by the game. Price to place a bounty will remain unaffected
        • An XP bonus will be given for collecting the bounty
      • Placement Reward
        • An XP bonus will be given for placing someone on the hitlist
      • Attack Bonus
        • An XP Bonus will be given for a successful attack against someone on the hitlist. No bonus for listed players who are defending
    • Auto hitlisting by the game
      • The frequency and number of players listed will increase during this event

Since this is a trial run, we will be open to adjusting certain things in the future or maybe even opening up different sections of the game for flash events. We know when these are going to run (so we can be prepared with extra servers) but there will be no advance notice because it is supposed to be a surprise! When it is active you will of course be informed about it in-game. As of now Zombie Slayer and Viking Clan have had their runs, with Mob Wars - LCN coming tomorrow and Pirate Clan next week (because of the Raids).

For anyone who is concerned, we will be keeping an extra close eye on these types of events so play nice! If this is successful we would like to do more of these in the future so keep it clean and don't ruin it for everyone else. :)

Sparrowhawk, Tellybear, Aapje and 6 others like this.
  2. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Interesting ideea! Let s see how it works. Didnt understud verry well who is listing: Kano or us??

Chasity likes this.
  3. Dodge

Dodge Member

Sounds good to me, it's good to have some changes to the game to improve it :)

4. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

I am not much of a hunter so won't benefit much but it's great to have a new game play that entails player v player. Nice one Kano.... now don't forget the drive by idea!!!!!

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Both. :)

6. Garth Jones

Garth Jones Member

Nice... very nice... about time too :)

7. Was a good idea Mitch if the game wouldn't have gone haywire during the zs run. Hits were frozen and game bogged way down until the second the event ended. Clean that up so it runs smooth and it would have been more fun

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We brought up additional servers before hand, but I agree, more are needed for next time. We ran an event in VC today as well that went a bit smoother. There was some latency but it evened out.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I'll have to be looking for it, haven't seen anything yet. :) I'm very excited about this new event! How often will these Flash Events be taking take place (once a week, every other week, every few days)?

10. darktide

darktide New Member

it would be nice if you would turn squad off for it

Elle F and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  11. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

sounds like fun lets get it started

12. Dodge

Dodge Member

Looks like it has started already :)

13. Sounds like time for people to get their bounty scripts out then.

14. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

was fun fir about ten minutes then the lagfest started:(

15. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

participated in VC on the first trial run. Besides the serious lag due to extreme participation......it was an awesome event.

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Geoff Heretic Wild

Geoff Heretic Wild Active Member

I hope it has a way to auto detect bot users and auto list them. ;)

Billy Franklin and AlterEgoT like this.
  17. Might as well just stay dead and don't play untill this rubbish is over...
    It will as usual be the usual 5 hunters who will get all the bounties :eek:
    I've tried for ages to reach 2500 taken of the hitlist, but no matter how hard i try, nothing happens :mad:
    I can bounty-hunt for hours without getting just one, but if i check social feed i can see a lot has been taken of the hitlist, but they didn't even appear while i was trying....
    Hopefully you will catch a lot of script- bots- and auto-clicking users during this event :rolleyes:

Mad Moses and shane7 like this.
  18. Elle F

Elle F Member

One day, well be able to tell our kids that ... This is where the party started! ... Spectacular!

Chasity likes this.
  19. When it first started it seemed to run smooth but once a few Trill bounties went up, everyone was on the list and probably bogged things down to a crawl. It was nice seeing a hit cost 10T but paid out 15T. Its a win/win if it works smooth as it injects more money into the game as long as its not all caught by hoarders. Alot of money changed hands on zs during the hour. There was a ton of blocking but you should expect that when you run a bounty event. There was no shortage of lists and it seemed more than just the usual hunters catching

Kirsten, Elle F and Chasity like this.