Group Chat Owner Delete Post Option

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by greatM, Oct 31, 2015.

?

SHould there be an option for the group chat owner to delete posts in their group chat.

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. greatM

greatM Active Member

At times a post is enter in a group chat in error, or links posted become obsolete.

I would like to suggest that the group chat owner has the option to delete post.

2. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

freedom of speech

3. Don off sorrow

Don off sorrow Active Member

yep thats wee need i asked once bout puting remove buton in wc groups where i keep mine honoraables lists so when i passt them nd they not anyomre in my honors range i cant delete em

eric smith and Chasity like this.
  4. greatM

greatM Active Member

Hi Tony, the reason for the option is not to censor posters in group chat. A lot of group chats are not used as an additional chat room for chatting.
    There is currently options to censor chat by spamming the chat group to clear the posts if anyone decides to do that.

It is to enable the removal of post that have been posted in the wrong chat group and to delete obsolete links. Enabling the owner to better / more easily manage chat groups lists.

5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

I think its a great idea, ive wanted this option from the start

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I have a private group for special links and sometimes when chat geeks out messages go to wrong spot. I'd like this idea to go through as well. :)

7. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

Yes, there is no point in seeing outdated posts or outdated links. And I believe we should be given an option to delete posts.

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It's not about freedom of speech, it's about clearing up clutter.

9. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I'd like to see this implemented! It would be great to delete some older posts, since there's only so many lines given before posts begin to disappear. ~would save on having to copy/paste older, still needed items that are about to fall off!

eric smith likes this.
  10. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

yes deletion by chat starter is a good idea .some stuff just needs to be deleted

11. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I can see both sides of the problem with this. However, I would have to say that the person who "owns" the group, should be able to delete things. In armadas, the leader can delete posts in the armada messaging area, but not the armada chat. It makes no sense really.
    My vote then is yes.

12. Dunk Nielsen

Dunk Nielsen Member

if it was a little better way to add others to the groups , i havent figured it out yet

13. greatM

greatM Active Member

Hi Nielsen, there are only 2 ways to add someone to your group chat, both require the player to go to the bell tab in groups to accept the invite.
    The fastest way is to copy thier name without the armarda tag or spaces and post that in the "INVITE USERNAME" within the cog menu.

Sometimes this does not work then you can ask for thier user ID and post that into the "INVITE USERID" option which so far for me has always worked after trying the "INVITE USERNAME" option.

hope this helps :)

14. greatM

greatM Active Member

Hi Mitch as this is a relatively simple change any thoughts on it being implemented? :)

15. Some of us that are administrators of these groups try hard to keep up on changes, and we chase our tails. We will spend considerable time and effort to update the information in our group, and 10 minutes after we have updated, someone has come or gone making the list obsolete and my Clairol fade. Those whom should no longer be affected by those groups belly ache because they want OFF the lists and we can't keep up. A delete button for the group owner would be superb. For the love of ease, please!

16. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I know what'cha mean, as just a few days ago I accidentally posted for calendar help on my elite help group instead of the Jobs Chat group, ooops! ~and no way to "fix"/erase/delete my mistake.... :(

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Another question about this (just tossing it out there) why is a group limited to 50 posts?

18. Well here's the flip side of that, Jades....IF they are not going to permit a deletion button, would you really want more than 50 spots? You get all the way to 137 posts and BAM you make a boo boo...WTF!!!!!:eek::mad::(:confused: And Suddenly you find yourself thinking you need a beer and you have to start all over again....and why doesn't KANO allow a delete button????

eric smith and JADES like this.
  19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

137 and made a boo boo would piss me off, but we know about the 50 LOL, and yes I see the inside sarcasm as Mitch will get it as well ;)

20. otty22

otty22 Active Member

I think this idea is great, but if someone quoted a deleted post, quoted post should be deleted too