Boss Page Update: Additional Tab for Raid Bosses

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Anne Thorg

Anne Thorg New Member

Thank you Mitch - will definitely be an improvement. :)

2. I liked the new tab initially. Upon further review I don't like how expired Raids disappear from the list. I like to go through the failed raids and unclan the owners and kill the non-contributors.

So any chance we can get them back Mi7ch?

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

They should still exist in your joined Bosses at the bottom of the screen on the regular Boss tab, I believe.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  4. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

Yes thats correct.

Erik Bergstrom likes this.
  5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I thought the purpose of the new tab was to SEPARATE regular bosses from raids (which does not benefit me, although a vocal few cried hard enough to get this done). Why would I have to go to the regular boss page to view expired raids? Shouldn't all raids, expired or not, be shown on the raid tab? I don't see why this would be so difficult to do. And I still want the option NOT to use the raid tab and have ALL of my bosses show on the same page.

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It is a separate tabs for the Raids section, so that got moved over there.

Raids you join still technically count as "Mob fights" so they are listed there, but they are at the bottom of the page. The main issue with the Raid Bosses is that their section was up at the top so it pushed everything else down during the event, which is what this change addressed.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. CazG

CazG Member

See this is for Zombies. When will this feature be rolled out to PC & VC? or did I miss something?

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It will when those games have their next Raid Event (December 3 for VC and December 10 for PC). :)

CazG likes this.
  9. CazG

CazG Member

AWESOME!! Will make note of those dates. Thanks Mi7ch!

mi7ch likes this.
  10. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Raids started for LCN today and I'm not a fan of the tab, since I now have to do an extra click. It used to be:

- Boss -> open raid

Now it is:

- Boss -> raid tab -> open raid

This is really irritating when I want to check all my raids for any healing that needs to be done or such.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

You might as well be talking to a wall. The few vocal raid hogs got this pushed through in short order with little resistance. Now we all have to deal with it whether we like it or not.

12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Hardly short order some have been asking for this for some time now

13. Kirsten

Oh the humanity

The Navigator likes this.
  14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's been a year since this has been requested so "short order" is not the phrase I would have used. :)

During that time I didn't see anyone claim that having all the Raid Bosses on one page was preferable either. If you have an opposing view it's always good to bring it up before a highly requested change is pushed through so we can account for those points as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I can't remember being asked about an extra click. You do count the extra clicks for each new feature you add, right?

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Creating a separate area for Raid Bosses on the Boss page would involve at least one additional click, so yes we were aware. It functions similarly to how Jobs and Challenges do on that particular page, and that is the case all the time. The Raids only show up once per month for a few days.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

I do not see any problems. I even like it. If you have 100 bosses up then this tab is a open welcome. I do not have any problem with it i even give it a thumbs up.

Kirsten likes this.
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Someone just asked me this Mitch "Wouldn't it be nice if our own raid boss toggled to top of the list?"
    Thought it was a good idea, just passing it along.

Cisco likes this.
  19. Kirsten

I think they are listed in the order that either you joined and or how much time is left?? maybe?? lol

Cisco likes this.
  20. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

they are listed in the order you joined. it has nothing to do with whether or not it is one you opened, or how much time is left. you have to be careful to watch these since they are not ranked like the ordinary bosses are (the ones that are expiring first will be at the top).

The Navigator likes this.