[VC] TGIF! Viking Clan Development News Nov 2 - 6

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 7, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans October 26 - November 1

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

KP2: 1

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Raid Event This Weekend

Grendel’s Mother is back this weekend! Get your Clan together for a rematch!

[​IMG]

November Crates

The Crate selection has refreshed for November. Check out the Gods page for more information!

[​IMG]

Elite Chieftains Update

This is a small change to how we are reporting Elite Chieftain spots in your feed, but it should hopefully make things a bit clearer and clear out some of the "chaff" when you're looking to fill a friend's vacant spots.

Elite requests will be automatically "expired" when they are full, so this should remove cases of players clicking on Elite requests that look like they are open only to be turned away. Please let us know if you experience any issues as a side-effect of this change. :)

Support Report
    with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday, players!

As many of you are aware, we have been plagued with server issues recently. Things have been shored up and we shouldn't have this particular collection of mishaps ever again, but this week has been a colossal pain in the butt for everyone and I for one will be more than happy to bid it adieu.

The ticketing system was unaffected by most of the issues, however for a few hours today ticket update notifications were apparently broken. ಠ_ಠ

We're going back over the tickets we did today and sending out the notifications manually, but if you've been waiting on a ticket response and haven't received an email, you might want to log into Support and check on the status of your ticket just in case.

Grumpily,

Aardvark
    who has eaten way too many toasted pumpkin seeds this week

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

Why can't pirates finish the alphabet?
    Because they got lost at C!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Why is my skill point allocation box popping open with every level gained?

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That should only happen in the first Location as a tutorial of sorts, I imagine you're far past that. ;)

I will check with Smack, we haven't changed anything with that recently.

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Ah, I am sitting in East Tortuga working on 2nd set of keys... Traveled to West Tortuga, all good now..o_O

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That would explain it! We may have to put a level gate on that as well, then.

JADES likes this.
  6. juarlita

juarlita Member

You mentioned to list any problems after the change to the Elite Chieftain links. The "Like" button, if it appears, doesn't work. No errors, just doesn't work. Just to make sure, I did challenge and adventure helps and the like button does work there.

7. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I already posted that bug a year ago.... if you travel back to the first location and level up that skill point allocation will bug you ;)

8. Vic

Vic Active Member

you can still collect keys outside of a raid event? i didn't know that.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You can't, he's playing Pirate Clan, which has a Raid Event going on right now.

10. GwenTheWelshGal

GwenTheWelshGal New Member

When the September crates disappeared and the November crates appeared, I wondered where the October crates wandered off to.

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Crates are on a two month rotation, so skipping a month is normal. For example there will be no December crates.