[PC] Blacksmith/Crafting problems

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by koo22, Nov 10, 2015.

1. koo22

koo22 Member

I strongly suggest that the blacksmith option should NOT be available to people until a higher level, or maybe until they have a full clan. I spend more time helping guild members correct crafting mistakes than anything. Even though there are videos, tutorials, and general help available, they typically just go in and click that Autofill button and become weaker in a few seconds. Something needs to be done to prevent them from harming themselves, and give me more time to do other things besides correcting all their mistakes, IF they can be corrected in some cases.

2. The number of clan shouldn't have anything to do with crafting. But. a warning while crafting Elites or Legendary that crafting this item will make your Pirate weaker would be nice!

3. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Size of clan hasn't anything to do with crafting, nor should it. Items can only be crafted for the levels available to people anyway.
    If people can't be bothered to check what they are fighting with in their Battle Strength area and then craft up from there, there is not much anyone can do. Crafting is so easy if people will just think before they do anything that isn't reversible. All Elite and Legendary items are reversible when crafting.
    One thing I have always told people about crafting - just because you can, doesn't always mean you should. ;)

Chasity likes this.
  4. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

exactly. most parts of the game actually require thought. mindless clicking is best left to those few parts of the game: adventures, arenas, battles, bosses, challenges, raids, wars, etc.

5. koo22

koo22 Member

I agree with all of you here, but even after the constant warnings about not using it, people just click that Autofill button. As I said in my first post, it's quite a bit of what I do (warnings and help) but it still happens. The "size of clan" was mentioned out of a bit of desperation, but definitely some type of warning should be there.

Also, why CAN'T you reverse items that are crafted other than only elites and legendary?

6. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

probably to "encourage" you to be more careful when crafting. if this is an issue, you can always submit a ticket to support to see if the crafting can be reversed for you. the whole crafting process needs a lot of work, i don't even bother with it anymore, and it's not necessary to win battles really.

George Burd likes this.
  7. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

and yet some of us thoroughly enjoy the artwork and imagination that goes into all the crafting, not naming names but crafting to some of us is like a addictive drug lol

Chasity likes this.
  8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I hate to disappoint everyone, but it sounds like there is a small vocal group (not including me) that is really into crafting. There has been no feedback from Kano that I can remember about improving, updating, or otherwise making any changes to this, so I'm pretty sure this isn't even on the table, and if it is, there's a bunch of stuff piled on top of it. I don't think there's enough community support to encourage any changes to be made.

9. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I have seen ideas with less likes and votes get put into action then crafting, so I would aay there is plebty of community support

Marius, Chasity and Mabest like this.
  10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Obviously, likes, posts, and votes are not the only criteria to trying to get something done.

11. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

If people don't want to craft, then so be it. I enjoy it and the strategy behind crafting to make your character stronger. I think crafting needs to be updated/overhauled.

George Burd likes this.
  12. Marius

Marius Member

Crafting is a big part of the game, from the beginning and right the way through. I think it's a plus point that you can craft yourself weaker, if you're daft enough to make the mistake, you deserve it. And if you offer advice, and they still go ahead and craft themselves weaker, they double deserve it.

I said double deserve... damn it. I'll be putting sparkly stickers and googly eyes on my phone next... :eek:

George Burd and Chasity like this.
  13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I triple dog dare you! :rolleyes:

Marius likes this.