[LCN] SW and Groups need rethought

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sir Opinion Alot, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

Ok im in a group of 8 for SW's and my ? is why the hell are we a A group when we are not even full, we are not maximized and it just is flat crazy that 8 people out of full crew of 25 can even be placed in a A group, We are nothing but sitting ducks and nothing but nice points for a fairly week group. Please have the developers rethink this there is no way we should be a b group or a group since only 8 people will never have the chance to even place high enough to get into the rewards either thats alot of missing tokens.

2. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

I was between armadas in PC and entered the AW (SW) on my own. I was a C class armada all on my own. It does seem the numbers are a bit strange in how they calculate who is classed as what.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  3. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i've heard of this before. it doesn't matter how many players are in your armada, guild, syndicate, etc. it matters what the individual strength (i.e., stats) of the top 15 players are, that determine what tier your group is in.

4. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Yeah, so a syndicate with high level, but not so active players is in big trouble.

ChewbaccaSW likes this.
  5. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

Not all syndicates are created to participate in SW or War mode. Being in a syndicate can allow you to share bosses within a specific group of friends and help with gifts without being mobbed. Also, it can be used to show the other players "friends" that you are working with and why it might be a bad idea to start a war with you unless they are ready to take on all of your friends.

6. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Most players do not retaliate with their entire synd though.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  7. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Ranking is based upon health so if the 8 members of the synd just so happen to have more combined health than 15 members of some other synd then you are ranked higher. Has nothing to do with number of members.

Perhaps the rule should be if you do not have 15 members you can not join the SW? There are synds with 1 member who join just to dump tokens on E synds and get the XP. It should be if you want to participate in SW you need to be a member of a 15-25 member synd.

8. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

Your division is based on these criterias :
    There are five division, from A to E.
    "Divisions

Syndicates are placed in Division tiers A through E (A being the top skilled Syndicate). Your division tier is calculated by your total Syndicate skills (top 15 members) against all others in the war." (from help).
    So it also depends on the numbers of syndicates which participate => 40 syndicates ( 9A, 9B...). 50 syndicates (10A, 10B,...).

Why would you like to change these rules? If a syndicate has only 2-3 members...it's their problem. and if a syndicate needs 15-25 members to participate.. How many would participate? Maybe 15 maximum?
    However it's true that's a lot of syndicate are only composed of 1-2 members who just want to have XP..

9. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

LOL This is true. However, in the early days of this platform they did. If you messed with NTMF back in the days when they were a power house, you had all of them attacking you. And back in the days when SWAT was one of the most powerful groups in Kong LCN, when they made you a target, you knew it. Now, everyone has friends across the board and no one is defending their syndicate members like they used to.

ChewbaccaSW likes this.
  10. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

this should be tagged [Kong] instead of [LCN].

11. Sir Opinion Alot

the problem is 8 people should not be in a A or B group period you would think the way its set up is based off 15 people so here is the problem the team was made of 8 people and was still a A group.

12. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

LOL In Kong, When it was just two of us at one time we made a Division A. Later, they adjusted it and moved us to a Division B. But because there was only 2 of us, we were pretty weak but gave great points - so we were dead seconds after respawning. We were lucky if there was enough time to get any tokens used before we were killed constantly.

13. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

It's syndicate wars, not battle arena. It's only logical that the more members you have, the more chance you have to rank high enough to get rewards. And if 8 players have higher skills than 15 players they should be in a higher group as well, otherwise the weak 15 members syndicate would be sitting ducks.
    SW is fine as it is, just leave it that way.

14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It's not syndicate wars, it's a 4 day long group battle arena brawl phase. But I guess that was too long, so it's called syndicate "war".

15. Sir Opinion Alot

that was my point we never had to buy refills we wasnt alive long enough to use what tokens we got for free.

16. Sir Opinion Alot

also the wars was not designed with people at these levels also with these skill points the game has changed alot since SW started players have evolved and with that so should the event

17. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

What about syndicates of 25 people with only 15 or 20 people participating in SW? With "substitutes", and the leader chooses the 15/20 who play?

18. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Why would you do that?

19. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

It would allow less active synds to be competitive.

20. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

The name doesn't matter that much, syndicate war, syndicate battle arena brawl phase, syndicate cozy get-together, ... It's a syndicate thing and the more active players, the more chance you have for high ranking and get a reward.
    Yups, and 10 or 5 players from an active syndicate would be left out because other syndicates decided not to be active but still want to be competitive.