[LCN] TGIF! Mob Wars - LCN Development News Nov 2 - 6

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 7, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans October 26 - November 1

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 5
    Kong/Armor: 2

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

November Crates

The Crate selection has refreshed for November. Check out the Godfather page for more information!

[​IMG]

Mob Wars - LCN iOS App Update

Mob Wars - LCN v 1.13

GAME
    • Added Battle Arena functionality
    • Added ability to purchase Crates
    • Added Fight Drops functionality
    GENERAL
    • Bug fixes and stability improvements
    • New game icon and loading screen!

Mob Wars - LCN on iOS

Remember to update to the latest version for the best experience and please pass along any feedback you may have!

Elite Mobsters Update

This is a small change to how we are reporting Elite Mobsters spots in your feed, but it should hopefully make things a bit clearer and clear out some of the "chaff" when you're looking to fill a friend's vacant spots.

Elite requests will be automatically "expired" when they are full, so this should remove cases of players clicking on Elite requests that look like they are open only to be turned away. Please let us know if you experience any issues as a side-effect of this change. :)

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday, players!

As many of you are aware, we have been plagued with server issues recently. Things have been shored up and we shouldn't have this particular collection of mishaps ever again, but this week has been a colossal pain in the butt for everyone and I for one will be more than happy to bid it adieu.

The ticketing system was unaffected by most of the issues, however for a few hours today ticket update notifications were apparently broken. ಠ_ಠ

We're going back over the tickets we did today and sending out the notifications manually, but if you've been waiting on a ticket response and haven't received an email, you might want to log into Support and check on the status of your ticket just in case.

Grumpily,

Aardvark
    who has eaten way too many toasted pumpkin seeds this week

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

Why can't pirates finish the alphabet?
    Because they got lost at C!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas:https://apps.facebook.com/la_cosa_nostra/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/la_cosa_nostra?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/la_cosa_nostra?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/mob-wars-la-cosa-nostra
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/play/14870/mob-wars-la-cosa-nostra
    iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id789910921?mt=8&pt=Forum&ct=tgif

2. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

These Item Strengths are becoming completely INSANE - New Legendary Weapon Item "Volt Gun" with 552 Attack & 246 Defense!? I like having strong Equipment Items, but I do NOT like (or believe it should be possible) for someone to beat a good player who is thousands of Levels above them solely because they have purchased so many Godfather Items (and I also believe I am speaking on behalf of 99.9% of all other players when I state that as well)! The Skill Point allocation "formula" should put a limit on the maximum amount of damage one can receive and deal, REGARDLESS of their Equipment Inventory!

For example, if my current maximum Health is 50k, I have 5k Skill Points allocated to Attack, and 5k Skill Points allocated to Defense, and my total Attack/Defense (with Equipment) is 500k, then I should only be able to deal x amount of damage and receive y amount of damage when being Attacked in pVp Fights! There are currently people in this game that can beat GOOD players who are 5k+ levels above them, SOLELY because they have purchased 50 of every LE Item that has ever been released - I do not, can not, and will not agree with that. Ever.

Should purchasing LE Items help make you stronger? Certainly they should; but there is no cap or limit that directly corresponds to the amount of Skill Points you have allocated in each of the categories!?

I realize this may be a very difficult aspect of the game in regards to the "secret formula" which determines the outcome in both pVp fights and Co-op Bosses (which I believe should be kept a secret), but NOBODY should be able to simply purchase a fight victory (especially when it is against a good long time player who is thousands of levels above them)! Sorry for rambling, but that is just the way I feel.. :mad:

3. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

that's no different that "buying" levels. those that spend have always had an advantage. now, the game is actually being catered to those that spend.

Harrys Mum and SweetestAngel like this.
  4. akiva

akiva New Member

Its not that "now its being" catered, its always been.. While I agree conceptually with you easy, I have to also concede to the fact that the paid players are the ones who allow me to play for free..

Harrys Mum, SweetestAngel and MobMan like this.
  5. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I have spent over the years to level, I won't say that I haven't. But I also put in not only the three years for it but many days I was online like 8 hours a day doing it. I dedicated time and allocation of skills to do it. While most of you added to attack and defense and have 60-75% of your skills allocated in those areas, for the first two years I had almost 50% of my skill allocated to nothing but stamina. I was able to level like I did because of the sacrifices I made early in the game to do it. My BA perks were terrible and in game I got my butt kicked for many, many years. I do find it frustrating sometimes that I am already maxed out on job drops and full on boss drops and working on elites and optimals that players who are spending hundreds if not thousands a month on items can beat me and they are not just half my level but in some cases 1/3 my level. One thing I used to believe that being high in levels was a good thing and it could overcome most players more than a couple thousand levels below..... now I realize, the best thing is to stay a level 1000 or 2000 and then just buy items. All the job drops and boss drops won't be worth anything and better advantage to stay a lower level.

6. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

5 years ago when the limiteds strength was raised from 16 to 40, there was an updated that gave more strength to the allocated skill points, now the limiteds are like 500-550 , maybe its time to revisit again the strength of the skill points.

Easy To Remember, Aapje and MobMan like this.
  7. otty22

otty22 Active Member

Loll you made my day with that joke :)))

8. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

I am just going with the concept of 'Welcome to getting my a$$ kicked even more and screw spending what I was spending monthly on raids' ....... What's the point

9. Kano will never turn down money so will not limit items that you can buy, If once you hit a certain level like 7k you can start adding more hg (mobbies) to your mob up to a maximum of 3000, this would help with the players that like to level and would rewarded them for there efforts and may close the gap on the fights with the lower players that chose to buy gifts for strength, not be able to buy hg but get rewarded 2 per level completed

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  10. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I doubt there are very few games where a level 3500 can beat a level 11,000. But on LCN level really is just a number that means very little. Being a higher level really has almost no advantage. At least if you are a lower level and not as strong as a higher level, they can't attack you. And if they list you, that is even limited as your price goes up and up. But being a higher level with someone who is stronger than you at a lower level, you are just a sitting duck. Take my advice - avoid the RAIDS and spend your money on items instead. Keep the lower level status and buy the power with items LOL

11. Harrys Mum

Harrys Mum Member

i always get my butt kicked, i am stamina heavy and level quickly because of this, but not that hot in a fight. now starting to add to my att and def in order to try and stay alive long enough to use what i have put into stamina - still love the game through.

12. Easy To Remember

And that is exactly my point @JARVIN - It is getting out of hand and something needs to be done..

13. Easy To Remember

When I said "good" players in my Post, YOU are/were exactly the type of people I am/was referring too! Not that you specifically are being beat by players thousands of levels below you, but I know there are a few players out there who can beat players 5k levels above them solely because of their Equipment/Stockpile Items, and that is NOT right..

14. Easy To Remember

I wasn't around 5 years ago like you @Gazember , and I was not aware of Kano having ever changed the Skill Point allocation "formula". Know that I do know, this is something that DEFINITELY needs to be revisited and I will begin bringing awareness about this change being a possibility. Thank you VERY much for the input and information! ;)

15. Easy To Remember

I don't believe there should be a "limit" on the number of Items one can purchase and even utilize, but there needs to be a stricter limit on the effectiveness of people's Equipment/Item Strength based on their Skill Point allocation in Health, Attack, and Defense (in my opinion). I do spend real money on this game (especially Stamina refills) because I like to level and try to be strong as well - when I do level, I get five Skill Points that I can choose where to place (most of mine are in Health, Attack, Defense). My problem is that I don't believe those Skill Points have enough effect, as there is currently too much effect based on a player's Total Equipment/Item Strength (their Inventory). I realize this is a VERY complex and complicated subject, but change is needed..

16. Easy To Remember

@SweetestAngel - You are just another great example of those "good" players I am referring too - a good player who knows how to play, has been playing for a long time, and has a strong Inventory (most Items from Boss Rewards/Drops), but also someone who gets beat when certain people thousands of levels below them Attack you in PvP combat (a fight you should NEVER lose solely because your Skill Point allocation in Health, Attack, and Defense are SO much higher than your opponents). Please don't give up girl - you are one of the very best! ;)

SweetestAngel likes this.
  17. C.A.S.H.

C.A.S.H. Member

it does sound good "my hours, days, and years of work should count for something" and it may anger some that a new player willing to spend money on a cc can get the same stats almost overnight, that's the way it is. I'm not putting money down. This is a pastime game. I'll take my licks from a lvl 1100 who has 2000 mob and every legendary item, but so what. I know what I have built and where to go, that's my choice. Do I enjoy the losses? Nah, but I can't say it's unfair. They payed, I'm going the long way. Every game like this has the same complaints and complainers. If it bothers you that much, pay.

18. C.A.S.H.

C.A.S.H. Member

OR Try to find other ways to get one up on them. Apparently posting enough times will get a FP prize. (Hopefully b2b posts still count as 2)

19. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

yeah, something will be done. players will either spend to keep up or go play something else. problem solved.

20. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

You just like me cuz I share my bosses with you :p
    At level almost 5K, I had a lower paid acct that was half my size who was able to beat me with a boost after a year of playing. I also have people who have been playing for years that beat me because of where my skills are. Before Battle Arena was changed, skills went to certain area's. With the change being implemented there, skills are useless where they are but that change has been over forever ago. Been playing since day 1 and its an addiction. Pretty sure all of us have an addiction problem since we are still here playing no matter what changes have been done in the past that no one liked. Skills are now set to where I don't need to use/buy favor points for raids unless I join many or I want to level. Tangier is useless to me so I level. The game is what it is. Kano made it for cash players. I choose to focus most of my cash into real life and only a fraction into the game

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Easy To Remember likes this.