[VC] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 11, 2015.

1. geckster

geckster New Member

thanks for the walk-through; it was beautiful however is Kano becoming a nanny in protecting players. Banning and booting raid perishers yet nothing is done to the hit lister who killed the player who had a different playing style or was just unlucky.
    Despised had a good point ; a return to the jungle is needed where the nanny is left at the door and why the paranoia of posting raids on the world job board ; you don't trust people. I did that and half my raid is killed before i blink yet others in my guild won't get their raid killed as they play it safe.
    And we do need more mini's or alts ; they are interwoven into the game already by many, high and low. Kano should endorse them, even sell them for favor points.
    When i was first doing raids, i was so thrilled and it looked so beautiful in my load-out - a kind of a status symbol. Now I don't show them anymore. I don't know why but i can still get better overall using my energy on job drops but that's not the point. I like raids as they're interesting to see if they'll go down or not and the effort required, if you like, to bring down your own or one you care about.
    But now I am doing minimum only as I see raids aren't full and if you're talking about penalties and you do, why aren't there penalties on players who are on umpteen raids only doing the minimum. That won't bring a raid down. its just greedy.
    There's a lot of different angles. The bad guy may not be and the good guy may not be good - it all comes down to intentions and revenge has always been endorsed within gaming so why the fuss.
    Anyways, have fun - if someone could tell me how to get to a high level, i would appreciate but that's another thread
    And yes, raids, as we all know, are designed so that a new player can reach level 3000. In fact, why don't players reset to get there when a raid is on. 3000 takes three years otherwise. I don't know why Kano doesn't have a competition for it and reward the new account and player with extra favors.
    Yet i see raids that go down and those that don't. its all a mystery even if you try to decode it but probably comes down to the charisma of the raid owner at the end of the raid.
    People aren;t fools and they know.

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The raid owner should be able to take their own raid down, even if every did the min,and there is nothing wrong with people who do the min,as it is all that is required,If you don't know how to get to a high levels without raids , then ya doing something wrong.

Saying we need more minis and alts,well you lost me there so have fun with your game.

3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

These take massive amounts of energy and stamina. It stinks if everyone just does the minimum and leaves it up to the raid owner to put them down so everyone can get drops. I try to put in at least 10% percent of the total damage for any that I join. I thought these were supposed to involve teamwork? I guess not.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  4. Kirsten

I do alot of work on raids I join maybe 60 or more in PC prob 30 in VC and I do alot, but it is still not required to do more than the min,, so no one,should feel forced to do more, and believe me I do them for me, not for any team thingy, I play and I have alot of clan in both games I fill peoples raids for them ,but I do them for me, so I can work on my stam so I can not spend anything on them ,I open my own and can take it down if I have to but I also know exactly whom to invite that will do a good job , cause their goals are the same, levels to get skill points to better the our games.

A raid owner IMO should be able to take their raid down without expecting others to do it, if ya can't ya got not business opening a raid.

It annoys me when someone says that anyone that can only do the min is this or that,I know who can and who can't and I still invite them on mine. I only join private raids and I only send invites for mine or the ones I am asked to help fill

Demonik1 likes this.
  5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Raid Event Thursday November 5 at 9 am Pacific

[​IMG]

No changes from the previous Raid Event. If you have tier suggestions for next time, please let me know, and be sure to specify which network!

Cammy Rubin likes this.
  6. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

too bad the server crashed again and no one will be able to participate in the next raid event.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  7. Aasi

Aasi New Member

Hey Mitch . I think raids for all games should go like this : the same as before with the exxcept that there are 30 players that can join and the damage should be devided to 30(ex: 500 000 000 / 30 = 16 666 666) to get for sure the superior weapon and if someone does the 2000 actions(1000 healing) to get the common one . Have a nice day.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  8. PeteVH

PeteVH New Member

I´d say minimum should be different for different tiers...

9. allan smith

allan smith New Member

hi Mitch, i say the rboss rock bring them on

10. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

There is still this one problem where a raid boss owner perishes his/her own raid, and then posts it on jobs. I end up joining it because if I hesitate, I might miss out. But seriously, I prefer it if that owner kept the raid to themselves, since I don't want to join one that is already perished. I suggest there should be a message that tells us that the raid has previously been perished so that I can know before I join.

Anne Thorg likes this.
  11. GwenTheWelshGal

GwenTheWelshGal New Member

This raid event got me from Alfheim to Muspell in a couple of hours. Started out with my level in the 670s. Now I'm at 875.
    That and the fact that my FPs constantly replenish enough for me to use thousands of stamina over several hours is why I love these raid events.

12. WorldB

WorldB Member

I wonder if the rewards could be tinkered with slightly to give players a reason to hit more than minimum required. A small adjustment in the chance to get the Superior reward based on number of actions might lead players to want to participate more. Granted that most upper levels won't care that much which reward they get, it still could suggest there is a reason to spend more effort on a Raid Boss.

On the other hand, if people decide they really want the Superior reward, they might hit too much and not allow all members to get their minimum. Just something to think on ... it could be tiered or based on the actual number of actions or anything desired by the devs without revealing the specifics.

13. Elias

Elias New Member

Is it me or what but everyone of these damn Raids when I go to collect on dead bosses and claim my reward , this is the example all of the rewards will be the same item except say I collect three rewards I only got two out the three . I lose at least one reward every Raid now I don't know if that means I don't receive the entire reward exp . etc . because I never catch that but this needs to be looked into .

14. Kirsten

IMO it takes a sec too look thru the feed to see if it was killed , so maybe you miss a raid doing it but better than joining one that has been killed already.

15. GwenTheWelshGal

GwenTheWelshGal New Member

I'm participating in 22 different raid bosses at the moment so I can try and get as many of the boss rewards as possible. Seven of the raid bosses I've fought in since the start of the event are dead, and five of the seven rewards so far are Superior. I have a feeling I'll reach Vingolf by the end of the event, because I unlocked Helheim 2 hours ago. I've levelled 258 times (Lvl 705 --> Lvl 963) since the start of the event. How much have you lot levelled?

16. VK QHill

VK QHill Member

I did the most damage on a raid of all the tiers and got a common drop, time for a support ticket

17. Harald Hårfagre

Harald Hårfagre New Member

It's a few players that only attack and leaves raids down in very low red, leaving it for all others to heal. This means others need to waste energy and FP for them to get XP.

The model for XP payout should change, so it was on full when attacking in green. Then falling very steep, and return 0 XP on attacks down in red.

That would keep the raids more fair for all

18. Jacob Mygind

Jacob Mygind New Member

Damn good idea. Perhaps even ioio would heal then

19. Valravn

Valravn New Member

Agreed. The problem with digging a raid out of the red is that, in order to regain XP on the energy loss healing the boss, one would (in theory) leave the raid in the same red state one found it. That gives the XP, but it doesn't help kill the boss because less damage is made. So hitting a boss into the red cheats both the players doing the healing and the other members of the raid, by doing less damage. The only person who benefits is the player who steals the health of the raid party.
    when I complained to KANO about ioio I was told that KANO didn't want to change things because of the raid owners who might have selected a player to do the htting, and another player to do the healing. That sounds like a Kel tactic to me. so everyone has to suffer for the sake of pleasing one or two players who have the ear of KANO?

20. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Actually the "Kel" tactic is to leave the game to you suckers who play these Raids. Everyone is so clever with the suggestions, and actually one makes sense, Harald's up there but Kano don't listen to anyone. That would take the total fight out of a battle game. Hey, maybe they will listen to that one!!!!!!

You saps who thinks everyone should heal ignore that is a fighting game and they already brought in one namby rule (now two on the same thing to make it totally lame) on killing these bosses versus before when you "withdrew" your attacks - nice Harald knows this one and likely preferred the old way - where the boss went back to full health if u killed it. He did it enough.

I guess make nice with your enemies now as it is "Raid" time and we should all be nice nice like its Farmville 2.0 and we want to water everyone's flowers ... gosh ... Bring back a battle game I liked!

Deblovscats1 likes this.