[LCN] Regarding the Server Outage on November 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 3, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

After having talked with the developers about the server outage on November 1, I thought I would shed a bit more light on what happened to cause it and what steps we're taking to make we are not as adversely affected if this should happen again.

Yesterday we experienced a rather long interruption in service as a result of an issue with a third-party. Mob Wars - LCN relies on some pieces of code that are stored on servers owned by another organization. That organization had a long-term failure which meant that Mob Wars was unable to start up new servers as it could not retrieve the data that we needed from this third-party.

The third-party failure lasted long enough that eventually Mob Wars - LCN had an outage. Our network team was eventually able to work around the failure to get the Mob Wars -LCN servers up and running again. We will be looking at how we bring our servers online to make sure we aren't affected by this type of failure in the future.

We also extended the Raid Boss event (and any bosses currently alive) by four hours this morning to make up for the outage. Hopefully that helps clear things up about the outage yesterday. :)

Our network team was on the issue as soon as it started and while they unfortunately could not prevent the game from going down, they did manage to get Mob Wars - LCN back up and monitored the situation throughout the rest of the day to make sure nothing else cropped up. We thank players who were online for their patience during this time. :)

2. That's tough when a dependent system causes a failure. Thanks for fixing, and for the explanation, as well as the extra time. All is good, except for Syndicates , like mine, that have players who can only play at certain times of the day and couldn't get their daily points done.. I guess that's just bad luck for us, eh?

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Have them submit a ticket to Support and we will see what we can do. :)

4. Samiam Fourever

Samiam Fourever New Member

so I was definitely upset when I could not access the game, and had hoped there would be an xp bonus for about 4 hours of missed gameplay, say of 100,000 or 200,000 xp... I know in the cbs sports games anytime there is a freeze they give some xp for the inconvienence...

so anyways, just hoping you give us some xp for all the xp we missed during the outage, the extended raid boss time isn't cutting it, just saying.

I do appreciate the explanation of what was wrong!!

5. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

I would have easily gained 50 levels, 150 trillion, and a steak dinner. Can i have some compensation too. :) Just kidding, glad you guys found a viable work around and thank you for the disclosure.

Marc14 likes this.
  6. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

is that all? I was short 1 Quintilian=)

7. THE PUSHERMAN

THE PUSHERMAN New Member

Thank you all very much for taking care of the problem. If it wasnt for all of you keeping Mob Wars going. I would be lost.

8. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

carry a compass?

The Navigator and Kirsten like this.
  9. Tony_G

Tony_G Member

While we can appreciate your hard work in getting the servers back up & running so that we can continue playing the game and those that pad your back pockets get to continue doing so and get away with anything they like, what the rest of us are getting at is that the reward to us players for the lack of game time doesn't go far enough. Most game providers would offer some sort of compensation for this yet Kano can only offer 4 hours extra on any bosses alive during this period surely Kano must be better than Scrooge McDuck, oh wait sorry it's not yet Christmas Day ;p

10. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

wishful thinking. this isn't the first time this has happened. i wouldn't bother contacting support, either.

11. No Nuts 4u

No Nuts 4u Member

appreciate the info and update mitch =)

12. No Nuts 4u

No Nuts 4u Member

like u guys have done before u used to give us a free weapon or item to collect for being patient and loyal at such frustating and turbulent times lol ;P

13. Mama Coops

Mama Coops New Member

Thanks for fixing the problem. ;)

mi7ch likes this.
  14. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

when was this ever done? i've been playing for over 3 years, and i don't remember ever seeing this. there have been a few server crashes/disruptions/outages (whatever you call want to call them) over that time frame.

15. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

I ASSUME KANO IS OFFLINE AGAIN??? KANOPLAY COMES BACK UN-RESOLVABLE AS IF DNS ISSUE. mobwars and viking clan down and out for me

16. guilty pleasure

guilty pleasure New Member

This Page Can Not Be Displayed. Mob Wars. Problem with the servers again. Twice in one week.

17. selfemployed

selfemployed New Member

I take it that the server is down again :(

18. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

all of kanoplay is offline, all games.....WAS JUST GETTING READY TO HAVE SOME MOBWARS FUN. Now I may have to go get an extra hour of sleep instead, that isn't cool!

19. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i guess we're not spending enough money to pay the power bill? or maybe canada vanished from the earth...

The Navigator likes this.
  20. Rhenkle1

Rhenkle1 Active Member

Looks like mob wars is down on all platforms again.