I have given up reporting spam posts.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cricket_jumper, Oct 30, 2015.

1. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Sorry, but its easier to click ignore on the obvious spam threads, than to have to send a report on them all individually and have that REALLY frustrating message come up telling me I have to wait to report, because Im reporting too frequently! Its not my fault you have so many BOTs posting!!

I used to come on every day and religiously report the BOTs, but the number of them you come on to each morning and the time taken to submit that report is disproportionate. I was trying to do my little bit for the community.

Im sorry if someone now clicks on a link by mistake, but Im done reporting them.

If Kano would like to make it simpler for me to report them - I'll gladly take it up again, but for now - Im done.

Sorry.

Orez and Deblovscats1 like this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I hear ya I gave up reporting them , it is too many too often and yeah having to wait, is a PIA, Mitch or the moderator will take care of it.

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I actually report the spammer, with link of thread tied into itself. But yeah it is getting pretty ridiculous.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

8 OR 9 new spammer's reported, sigh this is getting tiresome. Mitch, when you allow new people to forum can't you add in-game link option to be approved? I bet would save you time and get rid of 99% of the reports on spammers.... :eek:

Kirsten likes this.
  5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Just don't report them, I clear them out first thing when I check in anyways. :)

JADES likes this.
  6. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Forgive the stupid question, but how does one tell a spam bot? o_O

7. cricket_jumper

I guess we just thought we would be pointing you in the right direction. Does nothing to encourage us to self monitor/police - but as instructed. I'll do nothing then.

8. cricket_jumper

Easiest way is probably this -

Micaylah likes this.
  9. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Ahhh I see. Thank you. :)

10. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

It is their run on, nonsensical posts that have absolutely nothing to do with any Kano games, that make me crazy. I've reported many spammers too. Wish these people would take a long walk off a short pier. :p

Micaylah and Kirsten like this.
  11. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i don't remember this being as much of a problem (if at all) with the old forum format.

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You would be remembering incorrectly, then. :)

13. cricket_jumper

Bad morning for spam posts - 11 straight away.

Im actually asking to be able to help more on these, not less, improve the report system and I'll keep flagging them - but I cant keep doing it with the current method.

Or are you OK for help?

14. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

this is an interesting point. so anyone that sends in a request to have a forum account created automatically gets one set up for them? i would think there would be an easier way to handle this, unless you want to continue to spend hours each day blocking forum accounts and removing posts.

15. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

It has always been an issue, maybe the moderator could get rid of them and help Mitch out more so we don't have to see them all the time, and weekends are crazy with these posts. ;)

Orez likes this.
  16. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Aaaaaand what exactly is the mindset and point of spammers and bots in a Forum? I fail to understand the reasoning behind WHY someone would want to do this. :confused:

17. cricket_jumper

Its all done by BOTS - there are no real people involved.

Micaylah likes this.
  18. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

It's just strange how easy it is for a bot to sign up for this forum.

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Those are just the ones who make it through...I clear up many more accounts that don't actually make it through the sign up process.

Micaylah and Marc14 like this.
  20. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

we should be able to pw them lol