proposed new crafting recipes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by George Burd, May 27, 2015.

1. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

now Mi7ch can I get a honest response, do the devs think people will spend less money giving us some new crafting? do they feel it would be to much art design? heck if thats the case they could just come up with a system above legendary, or two systems one crafts a def version one crafts attack, and all they would have to do is change a background and title.the game is really starting to become just a wars arena raids, wars arena raids, 3-4 day challenge, wars arena raids, wars arena raids, heck make a blacksmith random item generator: " you walk up to the blacksmith with a bag of goods and a purse of coin and ask him what he can do" The blacksmith grumbles picking around and looks at a few items and says " well I bees tinkin iz I take thes 3 legendarys an a couple of these baubles you say were gifts and that thing you got on that adventure, I is pretty sure I can make you rare top level battle drop"

WarZone likes this.
  2. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

this has been stagnant for quite a while now. i have found that i don't need to craft myself to build strength, which i think is the major problem here. not saying nothing is never going to happen, but it is probably the last item on kano's "to do" list, and i would forget about another level above legendary considering that i don't believe all of the current crafts even go up to legendary.

3. George Burd

It would just be nice to have something more to engage my thoughts :) it is feeling a bit stagnant and repetitive lately

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Neither of those are a concern (although I'm sure someone will disagree with me). As I've said previously I've made the developers aware that some players would like to see new crafting recipes added to the game, but we are currently focusing our developer assets elsewhere (before anyone cites the home page changes, that was mostly work by our User Interface designer and required very little dev time). When we can get some time to spend on crafting I will absolutely let you know. :)

George Burd likes this.
  5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Oh cmon the levelers always get their new cities when they witch long enough. I am not going to throw the money aspect into my comments. Because will i just won't go there. But seriously crafting and even Smack admitted one time to me that he liked how i always wanted to craft things constantly. Because truthfully that is how your going to make a stronger player. You can spend all the money you want to on this game. But eventually those high spenders sooner or later their eyes get caught on another game and shift. you want to make it fair to everyone update crafting give the ones who can't spend a lot of money on the games the same playing field. And before anyone says anything i never had a problem admitting i buy favor points. My only concern has always been the entire game players not just a single faction of players getting what they want. Everything i suggest benefits an entire whole or almost an entire whole.

WarZone and George Burd like this.
  6. George Burd

I have even suggested the easy out for devs a level above legendary ooo new title and background and stats, the devs could do that over a mug of maple syrup and some canadian bacon at the morning meeting. I would like to see 2 levels above legendary say 1 crafts a defense item and the other crafts a attack item, maybe something simple like WindRider Anchor blade and WaveRider

Jon Ward likes this.
  7. Jaegermeister

this is a non-starter for me. i win most of my battles without crafting, so i have no need for this. the only thing it will do is increase my win percentage and allow me to beat those few players that i can't beat now. even if crafting was improved (which it will probably never be), i won't even think about it anymore because it's useless if you play the game well. i have thousands of items i can use for crafting, and they will continue to sit in my inventory unused because the interface is one of the worst aspects of the game, so it is way too labor intensive.

8. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

You must have played very differently to alot of us - I dont know where I would be without boss drops and crafting.

9. Jaegermeister

i didn't say anything about boss drops. i said that i win most of my battles without crafting. i may have a bunch of boss drops that are making up the bulk of my strength, i haven't looked at my inventory in a while.

10. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

I consider boss drops in crafting as eliteing etc counts largely to my build

George Burd likes this.
  11. Sasha St. Cin

Sasha St. Cin New Member

I just don't understand why some bosses drop items that can be crafted and others do not. Skymaster drops the sky captain which I can craft, but the glowfish doesn't have anything to craft with the original rewards and become useless way to early in the game.

George Burd likes this.
  12. Jkvkid

Jkvkid New Member

As I'd posted before, this seems like a fairly quick way to add to crafting - not much artwork (save for a background change):

Old useless items are not only pain the players, but, they must cost bandwidth too when searching and pushing out to the player 'special items'.

One way to get rid of old items is to advance more Elite/Legendary items. Such as

Jack, poor Jack, there never was an Elite version. But there could be. Make an Elite Jack, a legendary Jack and then (at some appropriate level), ## Legendary Jack = Captain Jack, then Elite Captain Jack and then Legendary Captain Jack.

Another way to do this is to take items that don't have a progression - ## Curry Bomb + ## Steam Cannon = Greek Fire

You get the idea I hope

WarZone and George Burd like this.
  13. George Burd

Ancient crafted would require 2 legendary items, this new class of item would have a new background, and make useless items a viable option once again.

WarZone likes this.
  14. George Burd

7 votes 4 star average and one of the easiest upgrades the devs could do not hatin just sayin

15. Cisco

Cisco Member

This would be great if kano would do it!

George Burd likes this.
  16. Saintliza

Saintliza New Member

I wish there would be new crafting items using drops from the locations required to collect keys for Raids. My armory is getting littered with junk from key collection

George Burd likes this.
  17. Cisco

Cisco Member

yes, it would be nice to see these items incorporated into something useful

George Burd likes this.
  18. George Burd

7 votes and a four star rating? I have seen improvements too the game with less get pushed thru the door. give us a little bit of long term help to battle these raid levelers please, with whipped cream on top

19. Cisco

Cisco Member

I'm afraid raid levels are here to stay, but at least they are easy to kill.

20. George Burd

Have I mentioned crafting lately?

Chasity likes this.