Changes to the Raid Event Effective October 8

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 7, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Actions Complete/Incomplete Tag

This is a smaller, but nonetheless highly requested change. On the Bosses page you will now be able to see whether or not you have completed the minimum actions to be given a reward on Raid Boss. Here are a couple screenshots to get you acclimatized with how this will work:

Actions not completed
    [​IMG]

Actions completed
    [​IMG]

Event-Length Benching

Benching
    is when a player is restricted to Healing actions only on a Raid Boss. This has been applied to any player who wipes their Raid Party twice.

We're trying out an extension of this mechanic where any players who have caused wipes in three individual Raid Parties will be benched for the rest of the event on all Raid Bosses.

Say there's a player named Unknown Viking (or Pirate or Mobster or Slayer) and he's in five Raid Bosses. On three of those Bosses, Unknown Player wipes the Party once. Those are three individual, unique wipes, and now he is benched for the rest of the event. Once he/she is benched, he/she will see this pop up:

[​IMG]

Now Unknown Player can only Heal on every single other Boss they join until the end of the event. They will be unable to attack any Raid Bosses until the start of the next Raid event in 4 weeks time.

A couple of caveats: players can still be benched on individual Raid Bosses if they wipe the party twice on that particular Boss, and players who are benched event-wide will still be able to attack any Raid Boss they own.

You might remember this concept from our Raid Boss survey a month or so ago, where over 75% of respondents were for this idea. As this is the first time we are running this change there might be some hiccups, but we will be watching closely during the event in Viking Clan (which is the next Raid Event). We can also adjust the number of unique wipes up or down depending on how this works. So tomorrow during the Raid Event, please be mindful of where you leave the Party Health!

VK QHill, robbin gordon, ~An and 17 others like this.
  2. ady4you

ady4you Member

ya finally you did something about it,.kinda late.

Cammy Rubin likes this.
  3. akiva

akiva New Member

Well done!

4. funnyman

funnyman Member

nice work on helping on the raid wipers and i like the message to see if you done your actions....:) thumbs up kano

~An likes this.
  5. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

THANK YOU!!! finally :)

6. ady4you

ady4you Member

Your chat was suspended by an administrator for posts accusing others of violating the Terms of Use ( www.kanoapps.com/terms-of-use/ ). The specific lines included, "his other account is dead too .damn”

Chat privileges will return in one week on October 12th, 2015. ...when you gonna do something about this,,, because ..accusing others of violating the Terms of Use...have you check if the accused one is guilty??? or you just banned me for one week?

7. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

If they use an alt discipline the main account too!!!! Oh heck is that gonna get me banned

8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Nice , a big step in the right direction, Thanks :)

9. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Join the club Ady4you. Me too. Looks like he told on everyone on behalf of all his accounts. What a freakin Joke

10. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

awesome job finally some great changes we have been asking for

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Kirsten

that is pretty twisted the cheater reports people for calling them cheats, ( even if it is against the TOS) and still gets to cheat, it is an upside down world, sometimes.

12. EVILSPEAK

EVILSPEAK New Member

It's always the little changes that make the big difference. I approve of this one, not that you need my approval but thumbs aloft anyway.

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

A finally something against wipers, a good start now the xp bonus.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

Nice, and thank you for hearing us and doing something :)

Kirsten likes this.
  15. Nice changes...thank you. Now how about giving the Raid boss owner the ability to remove those players from his boss that attack it once or twice then nothing else. They fill up the raid boss and make it hard to kill it.

mama romero, bobbyc, Dodge and 12 others like this.

16. Event-Length Benching

Benching
    is when a player is restricted to Healing actions only on a Raid Boss. This has been applied to any player who wipes their Raid Party twice.

We're trying out an extension of this mechanic where any players who have caused wipes in three individual Raid Parties will be benched for the rest of the event on all Raid Bosses.

----> THAT'S pretty nice , but you could do even more :
    as long as this action (benching players after 3 raids), will have as counter-reaction an INCREASE of ALTS ACCOUNTS joining the game, did you thought about benching also the main account?
    I mean if someone "will create several alts" (or even just 2 more accounts, as long as they have 1 in kong and 1 in armor )
    DID YOU THINK ABOUT BENCHING ALSO THE MAIN ACCOUNT?(check I.p. and so on...)

I bet this would definitly help to stop people making alts...

Regards.Luca

robbin gordon, GATMAN, MobMan and 2 others like this.
  17. Lou A. Munden

Lou A. Munden New Member

......This Rule (which is Not an Attack like calling names or cussing AT someone) is ridiculous...calling someone out for being a "Violator" of Kanos rules sounds like some Politician gave birth to it...SMDH...Can You say "SNOWDEN" I mean really...You wanna make stupid rules then say "Shhhhhhhhh!"...but You allow Vicious attacks on very Low levels by the big Guys...and that's not addressed...Kills off a lot of "Newbies" that might have otherwise Enjoyed the game...get Your Priorities STRAIGHT Please KANO!

18. Shaun Mannings

Shaun Mannings New Member

That change is moot. You need to address the campers (especially high level ones) who do 1-100 actions and sit on a boss blocking other helpers, waiting till it is near death and then do the 2k minimum. change the minimums to reflect the level tier to 2k, 4k, 6k as a minimum to prevent this. Lack of action to address campers is going to result in me killing EVERY public boss in the next RAID event.

19. Kirsten

If you join a public boss ya taking a chance with campers taking spots. My advice, only send /invite and be invited by the right people, you have to get to know who the right people are.

20. Shaun Mannings

Shaun Mannings New Member

Benching people from RAIDs, although a good concept, defeats the aspect of having rivals. If you are at war with another syndicate why should you not be able to kill their RIADs if they make them public. The only changes you are making are to maximise income. Think again and think of the players.