[LCN] TGIF! Mob Wars - LCN Development News Sept 21 - 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Sep 25, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans September 14 - September 20

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 17

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Raid Event Next Thursday October 1!

[​IMG]

Turns out you can’t keep a good cult down! Get ready to face these fanatics again next Thursday!

Changes to the Invite Flow

Our old invite process was a very outdated one based on some old Facebook requirements. To update this system and reduce friction, we’ve rolled out a new process for invites.

The old process was three steps: you get an invite, send an invite back to the requesting player, that player accepts your invite and you are now friends. In the new system, a player sends you an invite and you either accept or decline, ending the transaction. Here are some handy screenshots to show you what this process looks like:

Pending invite:
    [​IMG]

Invite previously declined
    [​IMG]

Invite previously accepted
    [​IMG]

Loyalty Points Survey!

A new set of Loyalty items is due to drop very soon! Help us out by taking this short feedback survey!

Fall Item Creation Contest Winners Will Be Announced Next Week!

I know you’re all eagerly awaiting word of who won the Fall Item Creation Contest and we’ll let you know next week when we announce the winners and release the items in one fell swoop! Keep your eyes on the in-game news feed for the reveal!

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Weekend!

We've got some fresh blood here in Support! Some of you may already have spoken to Tatum S, or @AdmiralPenguin here on the Forums. She's a lovely person and picking things up very quickly, so you'll be in good hands. :)

She'll be helping to take over tickets from @Velksy , who was helping us out over the summer and has now resumed his university studies, and @SamC who is going to be focusing more on marketing and development.

Cheers,

Aardvark
    who now keeps a Nerf pistol by her desk in case @mi7ch's puns get out of hand

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What's the difference between a hippo and a Zippo?
    One's really heavy and the other one's a little lighter.

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas:https://apps.facebook.com/la_cosa_nostra/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/la_cosa_nostra?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/la_cosa_nostra?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/mob-wars-la-cosa-nostra
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/play/14870/mob-wars-la-cosa-nostra
    iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id789910921?mt=8&pt=Forum&ct=tgif

AXXO likes this.
  2. Your new changes to invite flow looks pretty but it's missing out on the link so you can add your new mobbie to friendlist too :(
    I was also wondering....Now that i can see that i've either added or declined, is the block-system then dead and buried too ??
    If i decline, are they then able to keep spamming me with requests ??
    With so many players then 500 blocks are way too few...

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

There is a limit on blocking? This is what I've been doing with the add me requests since started yesterday. I sure hope there isn't a limit.

4. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the new Cult of Abomination Raid Boss Event (as ALWAYS)! At this point, is it safe to assume that the Raid Bosses will be considered "Events" and released semi-regularly on a schedule? For some reason, I had hopes that the Raid Boss might be a more "regular" and permanent part of the Game, as opposed to an "Event"..

5. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

The improved invite system is looking good, thx

6. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

Just a quick question, how many times you will summon an old raid? and like the invitation change, very much. I hope once declined they cannot send another request.

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Nope, there is no limit to how many times an invite can be sent. Nothing about that has been changed. Only the interface has changed.

Kirsten likes this.
  8. Easy To Remember

@Aardvark @mi7ch I know there has been talks about new Loyalty Items being released soon, and I was wondering if Kano had an exact date (or at least something a bit more specific than "very soon") as to when we will be able to purchase the new Loyalty Items? I've been saving my Loyalty Points in anticipation and appreciate any further information regarding a more specific release date. Thanks!

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

October 14 is the current estimated release date for the new Loyalty items. This is subject to change, of course, but I don't expect it to. :)

10. Easy To Remember

Thanks for the Reply @mi7ch - The estimated date you provided is MUCH more specific than "very soon"! Guess I will be saving my Loyalty Points until the new Items are released then (somewhere in the realm of October 14)! :)

11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Except now there are no FB links and I am not looking them up so clan invites will all be declined

12. Easy To Remember

I believe the reason they changed/updated the layout of the "Invites" was for that reason only (removing the FB links). It seems Kano has recently been trying to better protect people's privacy, which I think is GREAT!

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Quick question, If you can do this for less "friction on invites" why not gifts on FB?

14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Privacy lol FB is a social network .

15. Easy To Remember

Kano "trying" to better protect our privacy is just my opinion (or best guess rather). The reason I assume that is because they have recently asked us to not use people's "real" names in the World Chat, and now they have removed the FB links from Invites. That doesn't necessarily mean their attempts are working or successful - all of us can simply view a players Profile to get a players FB ID Number and head right to their Facebook Page. And yes, there is no disputing that FB is a social network, but personally I don't want the 1,000+ players I am Mobbed with having ANYTHING to do with my FB Page/Profile - mine is for keeping in touch with good friends and family ONLY (not a bunch of people that I don't know, barely know, or really anyone who I only know "virtually")! If Kano in fact is trying to better protect our identities, I am ALL for it!

16. Vic

Vic Active Member

interesting point.

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I will get you a more technical answer than I can provide, although I imagine it is because you are not friends with the user when you send your invite so it does not have to go through that particular check like when it does with gifting. :)

Kirsten and JADES like this.
  18. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

Thank you

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the technical question default? As these players are not FB friends same as non FB friends for gifts? :confused:

20. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

so this was done primarily for FB players? i'm glad i was able to benefit, even though the platform i play on does not appear to be a primary consideration. there should be NO problem in getting something similar done for gifts now, since non-FB players don't have to worry about the whole friend check thing?