issues or bug or something

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Justin the killer, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

did u people change the invites on how it works bc i see that players are getting into my clan like its nothing? when i go to my inbox i see invites of accept or decline wtf is up with this? an i dont even have to invite them they just get into my clan? Fix this issue Thanks

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I was going to bring this up tomorrow in the TGIF, but yes we did change how invites work. Previously you would invite the player to send you an invite, then that player would send one back to you and you would accept or decline. We've cut out the middle step so it is now a two-step process. You receive an invite from someone and you either accept or decline it.

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

What Mi7ch said...

What you are seeing is likely older messages that did not send the actual invite but you are seeing the Accept/Decline buttons anyways. I'll push a fix for this which should clean that up.

Edit: I spoke too soon. If you are seeing the Accept Invite and Decline buttons then this player has sent you a Clan invite. Unless you explicitly "Accept" the invite they should not be showing up as a Chieftain/Captain/Mobster/Squad. Just decline the ones you don't want to clear this out.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Justin the killer likes this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Isn't this going to mess with the "accept all gifts idea" if ever get's implemented?

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

You already can accept all gifts. [​IMG]

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Sorry, I meant send all gifts. Now I have to physically decline each invite and message? Shaking my head at that...:confused:

Capture2.PNG

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Well I am not seeing their FB link and I only accept FB friends I don't accept codes or not knowing who it is. So unless a new players sends me a FB friend, I will not be accepting any new clan, which does not hurt me ,I have way more than I need as it is :p

JADES likes this.
  8. Kirsten

No thanks, I am picky who I add ,I don't need trolls or troublemakers and WC trolls,cause then I have to declan and list them

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be a arse here, but how did this idea even come into implemented already without any discussion?
    • Sure skipping steps for new players makes it easier, BUT for people with full chiefs etc. it doesn't.
    • More of a hindrance IMO.

Justin the killer and Kirsten like this.
  10. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

there weren't any discussions? surely, kano wouldn't implement something that is not to the benefit of the player base, would they? i'm sure there's a thread somewhere from a year or two about this.

11. Kirsten

No ,surely they would never do that, we ask for things and then get something we never asked for, no way, that would never happen :p

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Our old system was based upon an OLD OLD Facebook requirement that forced players be friends on the FB platform before they can join up in game. Hence why on FB it would post a link to their FB Profile and then the ability to send the Invite back. The change we made was purely to reduce friction.

Having said that I appreciate the feedback and will point the stakeholders towards this thread to review.

Question back to the community though. We have an option to "Accept All Invites" from the Alerts. Would adding a function to "Decline All Invites" be useful to help with this change? I would envision a player Accepting the few invites they want and then bulk Declining the rest.

13. Kirsten

Well as I stated before having the FB link was for me the link I needed to send a friend, as I do not clan non fb friends,too many cheats ,alts, fakes profiles out there, so I am not gonna look up their FB profile, even though I can.

14. MobMan

MobMan Member

There's a few players that are no longer accepting new mob members anyway, I've personally stopped accepting too. Just wish there was a way to not receive any mob invites altogether (I get a few a day).

15. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

kinda glad i brought this up now..thanks everyone for the concerns on this one bc i didnt know if i was the only one who was getting this..