[LCN] TGIF! Mob Wars - LCN Development News Sept 14 - 18

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Sep 19, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans September 7 - September 13

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 2
    KP2: 6

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Weekday Calendar!

We have a new Weekday Calendar for you next Monday, September 21!

[​IMG]

Autumn 2015 Item Creation Contest End This Weekend!

Looking to make a unique item for the game? Check out our newest Item Creation Contest before it ends this weekend here.

”Another Action is Currently in Progress” Fix

As some of you may have noticed during the last Weekend Calendar, there were less instances of the “another action in progress” window appearing. This is part of the back-end improvements we’ve been working on recently so hopefully you enjoyed a slightly smoother Calendar experience. Please let us know if you see it pop back up in the future, however. :)

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Ahoy Mateys!

Tomorrow be Talk Like a Pirate Day, but since I'll be on shore leave I figured I'd get an early starrrrt.

A quick reminder to all ye salty players: steer clear of sharing ANY password or credit card related information in tickets, emails, or private messages with ANYONE. This includes anyone identifying themselves as a member of the Kano Krew. Nobody from Kano Apps will ever ask for this kind of information, so keep it safe!

In other news, heard a yarn that some players were interested in seeing a bit more about the fine ARRtworks crafted by the scallywags in our creative department! Legend tells of a long-lost trove of illustrations, buried on the distant and exotic Isle of Tumblr: http://kanoappsart.tumblr.com/

Fair winds to yeh,

YAARdvark,
    who could go for a tot of rum

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

[​IMG]

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas:https://apps.facebook.com/la_cosa_nostra/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/la_cosa_nostra?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/la_cosa_nostra?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/mob-wars-la-cosa-nostra
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/play/14870/mob-wars-la-cosa-nostra
    iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id789910921?mt=8&pt=Forum&ct=tgif

celticdog likes this.
  2. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the new Mushroom Calendar, and I absolutely LOVE the Weekday Calendars! After speaking to several other players, I learned they all had the same issue as me in regarding the amount of time we receive to actually complete one Calendar (yet alone three)! I understand that some players may have the time to open a door every thirty (or even 45) minutes and will therefore successfully complete one-three Calendars in the allotted time, but most of us are simply MUCH too busy to be logging on every thirty minutes simply to open a door so we can complete just one of the Weekday Calendars! Has Kano put any thought into this and taken into consideration the possibility of extending the amount of time given to complete a Weekday Calendar? I feel it's essentially unfair to dedicated players who are too busy working throughout the day (or just living their lives), and are unable to finish even one Calendar because there's simply not enough time for most people to finish just one within the given time (I can't even imagine being able to complete three when I ((and SO many others)) already have enough trouble completing one)! Anyway, I hope Kano has taken the above facts into consideration and can find a way for players who are busy with "life" the ability to complete these by giving us a sufficient time! There MUST be a simple way to reasonably accommodate every daily/dedicated player by making a change that allows us sufficient time to reap the benefits of this event..

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  3. I don't have any problems getting all 3 calendars done within time, but must admit it's bloody annoying that we have to click every 45 minutes... :mad:
    It's easier to remember to click every 30 minutes :D

4. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

just gotta use the Kano K-alarm system! Set the timer and click click click!!!! Does get annoying do the 20 yard dash at work every 45 minutes to click but i do set an alarm and i do it!

Miss Kitty Snaps likes this.
  5. celticdog

celticdog New Member

plenty more that need bans let's get proactive!!!!

6. Easy To Remember

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I also realize some people may have the ability to set an alarm as a way to complete the Weekday Calendars, but not everyone's life/job allow them to use that method. I sometimes use an alarm on my cellphone in the evenings/night, when "life" allows the opportunity, although doing so is a pretty big hassle (and rather annoying)! Either way, there must be a better solution to accommodate ALL daily/steady players in a reasonable, fair way!

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Fun fact, when the Weekly Calendar started the regen time for the keys was higher and we adjusted it due to feedback. So I will ask, but given what I remember from last time, the developers can't lower it anymore without running into some issues.

8. Vic

Vic Active Member

i don't worry about completing it more than once. for those that are able to, kudos to them. i just don't see how it's possible without being able to log into the game every 45 minutes for 16 hours a day for 5 days straight, which i can't do.

9. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Since you introduced the LIMITED QUANTITY's, I only bought those as they where like 10% stronger and like 2 months ahead of the LIMITED TIME's in strength.
    Now, for several months the new LIMITED QUANTITY's are older, reused LIMITED TIME's with a background added. There ever will be NEW items at LIMITED QUANTITY's? as I don't think that I ever will buy LIMITED TIME's and I don't know anyone who is buying them. It is a waste of new content to make the new items weaker LIMITED TIME items.

Easy To Remember likes this.
  10. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i look at this like the loyalty items. if you're fortunate enough to win most of your fights, it doesn't really matter, because any item you purchase with FPs will be better than any "free" item you can get. of course, i don't win most of my fights, so i just do what i can, because it seems that item stats have gone stagnant.

11. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

From time to time I like to have a fresh look / loadout. But I wont buy Limited Times if there are weaker then my best weapons, and the Limited Quantities are reused older ones. ;)

12. KING WEND

KING WEND New Member

sell a new set of items only every 2-3 weeks.
    make them either all attack/ all def/ all balanced like in the past because NOBODY needs those messed up 350/287 stats like items.

arguments:
    + u save work
    + ppl actually look forward to items when they r released
    + u have much more time to develop a new set so u can make it look bad azz (include bigger HQ picture of an item)

the item selling srsly needs to be changed overall but when u guys finally start kickin azz with mob wars development i think we already have the year 2020 ...

13. celticdog

celticdog New Member

3x done my timer works fine!!!

14. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

You'z the man, dang good if you honestly did them all without use of godfather points. Go get some sleep now. I have 5 doors left on 2nd calendar, but im a slacker this time around

15. Miss Kitty Snaps

Miss Kitty Snaps Active Member

I only set my stop watch on the weekend calendar, during the weekly one, it's easy to get at least one done, you only have 5 doors to open each day - breakfast, lunch & dinner time give you 3 and 1 at each AM & PM break that's 5. I used to think there was not enough time to finish one but now that I play off the Kano app on my phone I've actually gotten 3 done! Might not happen this week but I'm hoping for 2

16. You have completed the Mushroom Calendar! Thanks for playing and check back soon for more Special Challenges. (Y)

It is possible !! But must admit i luv having my life back to normal without any alarms set :p

Could you PLEASE make ALL calendars a 30 minutes quest ??
    Then i'm sure everyone will have a fair chance of getting all 3 useless items, including all those with a life outside FB/LCN :rolleyes:

17. Easy To Remember

My problem is with the keys regenerating too quickly and it being too much of a hassle having to get on the Game every thirty minutes to unlock a door! I find the Weekday Calendars VERY hard to successfully complete because I just don't have the time to "live", work, and then have to login every thirty minutes to unlock a door (as many others I have talked with regarding this issue as well). My proposal would be to LENGTHEN the key regeneration time and the overall time to complete the Calendar, giving people with "busy" lives a better chance to complete the Weekday Calendar at least once (maybe even twice)! ;)

18. Easy To Remember

I could NOT agree more with your statement - Well said! :cool:

19. fastguy

fastguy New Member

i missed getting a copy of the background, can i get it somewhere?

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator