October 8th Developer Update - New Messaging System

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

A new Messaging system has been implemented in Pirate Clan. As a result of this change any of your old messages are now gone.

Here are some of the new features you will notice about in game messaging:
    • Message after an attack: you can now message your opponent directly from the Fight Results page.
    • Tabbed Inbox: your Clan messages are separated from your Public messages for better organization.
    • Message History: from any message in your inbox you can click on 'Recent History' to show the most recent messages sent between you and another player.
    • Non-Clan Messages: the pre-made message system has been overhauled to give you more flexibility in communicating with other players. You can now combine up to 3 different phrases to create a more meaningful message. The phrases are broken into sub-groupings of Questions, Answers and Responses.
    As with all of our features we appreciate feedback from the players! Also note that there is a Armada invite message that has been added to the pre-made message dropdown to help people fill out their armadas.

Edit: *NOTE* Please make sure you refresh your game to ensure that the new pre-made message system behaves properly. Thanks to ATHEISTIC SATANIST for finding this out the hard way ;)

UPDATE - Oct 19 Unblocking players has been added due to multiple requests for this feature. To unblock a player go to their profile page and click the "Unblock User" button which is located where the "Send Message" button usually is.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  2. You attempted to send a blank message. Please try again.

no matter what i hit it keeps telling me this.

3. please fix this.i cant send any messages to anyone not in clan.you guys either forgot something or something is bugged out here

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I tested the sending out myself and it was working but I will look into this right now.

5. i tried 3x and couldnt get it to work.not saying it wasnt working for you,just saying its not working for me.

6. [​IMG][/IMG]

nothing is appearing in "your message"

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I cannot reproduce this but I have an idea of what is going on. Refresh the game as the new messaging system relies on some code that is loaded upon initial entry into the game. Please try to reload the game and let me know if it solves your problem.

Cheers

Edit: Thanks for the screen shots. It looks like there is a layout issue as well with the sample message.

8. that worked.thanks

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Excellent!

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

User Unblocking

The top post has been updated to reflect the 'Unblock' feature added to the game.