PC and cage matching

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwiftlyInnocent

SwiftlyInnocent Active Member

i agree with dropping after a certain point as well

Old Salt likes this.
  2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I am playing devils advocate, pw only use 1 stat such as cagematches. also people use them to kill others or ahem adjust their health so they can be killed. so their essential place in the game is much the same as a cagematch. using the arguementa I have seen a pw should be based on everything just like a regular attack

3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

You can only pistol whip someone once an hour with the potential to do a lot of damage. It is an offensive weapon but one that needs to be used with some strategy since a well placed pistol whip can kill someone.

For baby pirates and minnows who haven't had the time to get full crew or much in the way of matey's, weapons or ships I can see how cagematching can level the playing field a bit. But for higher levels that should have kicked off the training wheels already what good a cagematch is (other than for some weaklings who need it apparently to adjust an opponent's health before they can try for a kill shot with a pistol whip) is beyond me. At those levels it actually acts as a hindrance to further character development for those clinging to it as their main offensive choice.

bighoof and Kirsten like this.
  4. bighoof

bighoof Member

Cagematch Won
    You be challenged to a Cagematch by ************** with a Battle Boost of 5%. You won gaining 0 coins and 0 XP. You dealt **28 damage and took **72 damage.

Here's another reason why cagematches just need to go away...at what point does this really do any good to anyone...I get cheated cause this guy wants to use a cage and loses and i get nothing?

George Burd and Old Salt like this.
  5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Wow, I wasn't aware if opponent lost a cage match you don't gain any EXP, that's messed up... Coin I can see as hoarded it 1st.
    I'd love to hear your thought's on that one greatM LMFAO.

6. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Cagematch Won
    You be challenged to a Cagematch by *** with a Battle Boost of 12%. You won gaining 100,000 coins and 70 XP. You dealt 4250 damage and took 2000 damage.
    You do gain XP, never saw a cagematch won without XP.

7. greatM

greatM Active Member

I have just thought of a compromise that takes away a major bone of contention from heavy ( I use this word loosely lol ) cagers while not affecting everyone else.

Once a pirate reaches 5k ( the final achievement ) the option to cagematch boost with stam is removed.

I'll happily debate the merits of this being a reasonable solution.

There could even be a protection option:D:D for a player caging you the few time they can 2 days in a row, but it would work the same you would not be able to attack them for 3 days;)

But could we debate the facts without bulking up post with irrelevant derogatory words and comments.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  8. greatM

greatM Active Member

If you do enough cage attack on a player at times you are able to continue a few more cages but it will not give XP.

There is an issue with this as if you are countering a player that is caging you and they get to this point ,then you do not get any XP for your counters, but I guess if you are countering a cager and get to this point you are stopping them from attacking you with the few attack they have, so lossing a bit of XP is no biggy.

PS Hi harc14 I didnt see the post from JADES straight away so I swapped his quote for yours.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  9. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Ok, didn't know that.

10. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

The reason i havent responded to you is because you still have no concept of how the game is played. You sit here and tell individuals if you do this or that or change this or that. Yet you were not smart enough to realize if someone cages you and they lose it goes in your cage win column. I quit caging after i received my achievements. Last time i caged was around 7000 levels ago and 10 plus cages have accumulated on my player from idiots like yourself who can't build a character the proper way and can only defeat someone using a cage and then run and hide in the hospital for the rest of the day only to come back on and do the same thing the next day and so on. So yes while i may deflect a certain amount of cages off my character because of the way i have built it to keep idiots who are lazy such as yourself who can only use the cagematch method to win in a fight i do defeat the majority of them. But i still would like to see this pathetic part of the game removed after achievements are reached. Why not for punishment. But to make you lazy idiots actually build your account and accomplish something besides adding skill points to one feature to win against someone. That is not playing a game. You mine as well go back to playing pong against the computer on atari. Because that is the same logic your playing in the game one sided feature to win against anyone. And yes we may be a few who do come on to the forums and voice our opinions for a lot more people. These raids have once again opened the door for cagers to find another outlet of abuse. And the players who have paid their dues in this game and still throw a lot of money into the game more then you probably ever will once they catch up to them also they will start to complain even more and then it's kano's ultimate choice whether or not to either end the cages or lose out on a lot of money from long time players on the platform that actually pays for their company not some dead space Kong platform that you play on. Like we have said we can care less about your dead platform go cry play over there. Let the grown ups play on the one that matters.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. greatM

greatM Active Member

How sad that you continue with the irrelevant derogatory posting. I guess you have nothing intelligent to post, so are trying to milk this thread for post count.
    Your post suggesting how I play is so far of it is laughable if not pathetic.
    You have posted nothing new just the same old whining about being attacked a few times,
    but cant post anyones stats that is currently playing that is demostrating any significant cage attacks on you.
    If you had it, you would have posted the stats by now.

Of cause I know that cage attacks from others go onto your cage counts win or loss. Post the quote where I say different.;)
    It is you that is the Idiot. My cagematch wins / losses above the final achievement are a fraction of yours and posted above.

Your Stats > Cagematches Won: 14,782 Cagematches Lost: 9,007
    Do you really want us to believe that you have been cage attacked, winning 9,782 times, since you got your achievment, Really.:rolleyes:

The same player that posts> "all those are hits and not leveling":rolleyes: with 20685 + 1051. Power attacks
    Why would you power attack? all it does is give more xp per attack. So is only used to level faster.:rolleyes:

Who are you to say what is or isn't playing the game, when players are just using the feature available in a game?
    Just because you cant handle a few attacks on you, in a fight game.:rolleyes:

It seems you are unable to adapt.

Ill repost my thoughts on a way forwards not that I believe any more should be done to further restriced cagematch :-

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  12. Old Salt

You know dude, cagematching is going to be locked out after the last achievement is reached for a player. That means YOU are going to lose it as a "feature". The devs have already signaled their intent on this issue. You need to be trying to convince them otherwise instead of posting different colored nonsense.

Jon Ward likes this.
  13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I've had to delete a couple posts in the thread where some users have been less than civil towards another poster. I would ask everyone to maintain some decorum or I will regrettably have to close this thread.

14. Jon Ward

Cages stat include who hit's you with them as well..
    Do they I didnt know:rolleyes: (I thought I would point out this is Irony, to avoid another, long, irrelevant, derogatory, paragraph from some )
    You dont get 14k wins and 9k losses if it is someone else is doing the all the caging on you and if you did you would not be seeing the cagematch strength you use as an example below.

Jades had to tell you cagematch hits from another person gets added to your stats so no you didn't know they did quit lying to everyone saying you did know. You still have no concept of the game and how to truly play it. You just play one side anyone can add all points to strength and eventually beat anyone in the game once they get enough points added. Cage is what it is and always has been a weak tool for players who are to lazy and are idiots who can't build a proper account because they can't figure out how to.

Kirsten and Old Salt like this.
  15. greatM

greatM Active Member

We shall see, the thread should prove interesting reading for the development team if they skip past the reams of derogatory irrelevant words, thats why I used colour for the main points as it will be easier to see the facts and logic of not restricting cagematch any more than it already is.

PS ill wait until the end of the month to post more to reduce trolls using this thread to get post count with pointless irrelevant repeating of the same lamb reasons for cage to be further restricted.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  16. Old Salt

Oh yeah, don't worry, I hope their reading what you write also. Just strengthens our case.

They restricted it once because they realized it was a mistake that was easily being abused. And they are prepared to do the right thing and restrict it again, lock it out after the final achievement is reached, because it acts as a hindrance to pirate development and provides a shortcut for the lazy player to bypass many aspects of the game, which by the way also costs KANO money.

Unfortunately for you, your mulit-colored nonsense does nothing to refute that.

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actually the "color" font's on paragraph's is far beyond annoying.
    Biggest question I wanna ask "Great M" in 1 single paragraph why should Cages stay in game? (I'll give you 3 lines, cause you need it)

Kirsten likes this.
  18. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

I use invisible font for all my really important points.

If you all could see what was typed in between these two lines your minds would be blown.

greatM and Kirsten like this.
  19. greatM

greatM Active Member

Not as anoying as having to ready dregatory pointless posts that do nothing for the debate.;)

The monthly posting promotion is almost over, so will soon make the sound case for not making any further adjustment to cagematch;
    as I would say if anything the current restrictions have gone to far, rather than not far enough. With cagematch adding an element of skill to a battle along with additional skill in making the best use of skill points ;)

The key question here should be:- Why should further adjustment be made to cagematch that is already severely restricted?
    I would say it is for those that believe that more should be done to clearly define their reasons for further adjustment. ( without the derogatory pointless reams of irrelevant words.)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  20. Jon Ward

Great Scott no one has commented man for almost a month we made are points and you never made a clear sounding one on your end just the same babble. And here we are again it took you almost a month to figure out something smart to come up with yet failed once again. I feel sorry for you. It's going to happened. You mine as well get over it. Long time players are starting to see all their hard work being built into their characters over the years means didley squat with these new raid cagers. And that in just a few raids they can be up to 10k in levels and nothing to show on their account except skills to win a cage. It's going to be shutdown. So cry us a river and when it does maybe you can go play farmville and ask them not to cut the crops out of the game it will impact it.

JADES likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.