[All] New and old battle arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Alice Prospero, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Sure the are other ways, but the way you want to play to hide in defense mode, and maybe do nothing not even a min of actions, should not be rewarded and kano felt that way also, so no action, no reward, simple, but if someone chooses that way then they should accept the decision not to reward a non active, again a simple concept. I don't even think you have been around long enough to make a judgement on a feature that has been here for years, let alone have seen or experienced the changes it has gone thru.

2. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

Don't jump to conclusions. I'm not a hider. I'm not a def player. I'm all attack. I don't even last 40 minutes in def stance.
    It's not necessary to have seen every change in game since the game started to have an opinion on how the arena worked just before it changed to new arena. Following your logic only players that signed up the day the game was launched should be allowed an opinion. I doubt those 3 people are still around.
    How long is "long enough" in your opinion?

Besides, my idea is mostly based on my chats with other players, people that have been around "long enough". A lot of people want the old arena back.

3. Kirsten

Oh well, so far they are not getting their wish,maybe they will ,maybe they won't ,honestly ,it is just a small feature in the game. Raids have a bigger impact in a negative way than the arena.But bottom line is if a player is inactive in the arena,then they get no reward and that is fine with me and my opinion is based on being around before arena's and now during arena's.I was never a proponent of them in the first place. It should have been from the get go the way it was described,last ?man/women/player standing,not teaming up to decide who to take down and deciding who will win ,the no names put that to rest for the most part, the change in how players rank is great,the wed/sat schedule is good the Only change, I would like is to get rid of sudden death,since that is a problem for me,but it is what it is.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Old Salt likes this.
  4. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

How on Earth is getting the minimum hits in, waiting around to be attacked and then diving into defensive mode for the rest of the Arena a "valid strategy." I've never understood that argument from the few people who have used it. Doing nothing and getting awarded for it is a strategy? Give me a break. It was pissing off a lot of us that were fighting and then seeing that those who were doing nothing were filling up the top twenty. It was a loophole being exploited and it had to be stopped but KANO had these changes in mind (that led to the new Arena) long before anyone in this forum started demanding that these turtles EARN their rewards and rankings.

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Kirsten

Here we go with the inactive def mode being a Good strategy,Kano put it to rest now they want to resurrect something that was fixed for the better,yet the hiders still want to hide, and be rewarded for it,just like they hide with the raids,it never ends, if people want to hide why even play a game ,that is PVP, what is so wrong with losing or getting killed and or listed in a game ya do not really get hurt I just don't get it.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  6. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Joined 2172 days ago.....might not have been here from the first day but pretty damn close and here's the simple reasoning behind this argument.....its a fighting game, especially in an arena and nobody but the people who have ONLY built themselves to hide wants to sit and wait hours to kill them. Fight or get the f**k out of the arena. You want to hide, go play hide and seek with your kids and let the fighters fight.

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  7. Alice Prospero

8. Old Salt

Oh wow. Go into the dictionary and copy and paste. I guess the debate is over. Except where is the "plan of action?" Sitting in defensive mode? It's not a strategy. It was a loophole.

loophole |ˈlo͞opˌ(h)ōl|

noun

1 an ambiguity or inadequacy in the law or a set of rules: they exploited tax loopholes.

There. We can get back to the debate now. Geez.

Demonik1 and Kirsten like this.
  9. Kirsten

Now this is getting funnier, thanks for the laugh Old salt :)

Old Salt likes this.
  10. Kirsten

The topic is you want the an arena where non actives rank and get a reward , I don't want that and I think it has already been changed, by Kano, and it was a good change.

Old Salt and Demonik1 like this.
  11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I asked around on this one and the code for the old Battle Arena is gone, so there's very little chance of that particular format being resurrected any time soon. The "new" formula is currently the only Battle Arena code in existence in our database.

Kirsten likes this.
  12. Demonik1

leave it to mitch to ruin a perfectly good debate......and the dictionary references were getting damn funny too....especially how someone defined doing nothing as a plan of ACTION xD quick, someone post the definition of action xDDD

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  13. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

they must be the most "efficient" devs in the world because even my wife can find everything I do with the computer even when I delete it defrag and hide the chord lmao

Aapje and Demonik1 like this.
  14. Alice Prospero

See. This is how you do it. This could have been your first and only post.

15. Alice Prospero

I find that very, very hard to believe. You don't throw away old code. That just does not happen.

16. Kirsten

Give it a rest already,Mitch said he asked and they do not have the code,what is it gonna take for anyone to understand that ,the old arena is gone,and thank the goddess :p Maybe some day in the future there could be a change ,but I don't ranking or being rewarded for being nonactive,would be considered,my advice to those who are waiting on that particular "" strategy"", ya all would be better off changing and moving on and make a stronger character in all areas,this way if ya have a well rounded character ya ready for anything.

17. Old Salt

As long as the piece of code that allowed those to hang out in defensive mode after getting 100 hits got tossed. I have no interest in seeing that bought back in any new iteration of the Arena should there be one based on threads like this. And I think there are some who would love to see the old Arena bought back specifically for that purpose.

Kirsten likes this.
  18. Demonik1

Damn mitch, you just got called a liar and a thief and a low down dirty scum o the earth doucher hahaha

Aapje and Kirsten like this.
  19. Alice Prospero

That was kind of funny tbh :)
    I don't think Mitch lied. I think the devs just don't want the debate so they told him they tossed it. Either way i guess the debate is over... For now :)

Aapje and George Burd like this.
  20. Alice Prospero

All good. But still there's this problem. For every Arena there's less and less participants. At least I'm trying to bring some constructive ideas.

Unfortunately some people's only contribution here is implying that they know best, their way is the only way to do things and everyone with a different opinion is stupid. Surprisingly often the only real argument they have is that they played the game longer. Therefor their argument is better. But when the main argument is"I played longer so i know better" you really have no argument.

Anyway, I still think it's a good idea. I tried. That's what this forum is about so i did my part.

George Burd likes this.