[LCN] August 14 Syndicate Wars Token Issue

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Aardvark, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Bosses, raids when they are on, calendars, BA, a bit of hitlists, other games, real life (when I have time for that).

ReD on Armor/Kong.

I do not mind the stamina used and have not asked for any refunds or compensation for that. I do mind the unfairness of the fix.

Since the first sentence in your post is nonsense, I won't bother to read or react to the rest.

I also don't understand why this code would change, but I don't know the Kano codebase and sometimes a change in 1 place can mess up something elsewhere.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I might have skipped reading after page 5 of the comments..... I was starting to get a headache.

I can understand how a lot of people even if they knew it was a gliche or not played how the game was letting them. With Kano, you never know what change they have made that you might have missed, you never know how Kano will choose to resolve the issue, and you don't want to not have the same advantage as everyone else. I know first hand of a gliche that I heard had been going on for months and months before I heard about it and it allowed people to open all challenges at once. This gave the person who knew about it a huge advantage in so many ways..... first, they were able to complete like 20 challenges at once and get the item reward 20x faster than the person who did not know about it. It gave them 20x the cash per shot or card played, and it gave them 20x the chances of hitting the single hit payout on free 5 fps. You could get 4 or 5 single hit payouts a day on a normal day. That is 25 fps a day that the person who did not know about the gliche was not getting that the person who took advantage was getting. What was Kano's remedy when they fixed it? They just fixed it. No one lost anything they had gotten from doing it for months and months.

I once found a gliche in the Original Mob Wars regarding an item.... I don't recall the specifics but it was supposed to be a one time offer for like so many energy or something. The item was an item you could get regularly but it was something much harder to get on a normal basis. So I already had a few. Anyways, I kept doing it over and over and it gave me 2000 by time I was done. When Kano figured out the gliche they came in a removed like 1700 and left with with way more than I should have had. So you never know how Kano is going to fix a gliche. And there was a bunch of people who benefited from it.

There was also that job for 1 energy that people found here a year or two ago that there was a gliche and you could keep doing the job over and over again and never run out of energy. Kano fixed that cliche but never took any of the levels or cash away from those who took advantage of that gliche.

Lastly. players seem to have disagreed with how many points should have been adjusted for the gliche but the real issue seems to be the fact some who either knew it was gliche and some who didn't know what was going on who invested fps for refills that left them nothing for their investment. And that I can understand would be frustrating. If I had been playing and spent on stamina refills to find out those attacks did not count, I would want my refills credited. What would have been the best solution I think is if Kano had just left the gliche alone and let it play out for just one session. Why not? Everyone would have the same advantage and it would be interesting to see if it created more fps being spent, more interest in the game and maybe at the end putting out a poll or survey asking what people thought of the change? And then using that data, maybe making some changes such as instead of a refill being 50 tokens maybe there could have been support for a 300 token refill instead.

3. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

so let me get this right. you got the FPs back that you used to take advantage of the glitch. you got the war points taken away that you shouldn't have earned, but you kept the levels and xp you got?

4. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

this didn't affect me in PC :(
    feel free to allow me to use FPs to get a bunch of levels and xp, and then give the FPs back to me.
    i couldn't care less about the point screwup in that case.

5. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Who are you responding to and to what specifically?

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I believe to post #140

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  7. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Ah.... thank you for helping me there. I really wasn't sure and I didn't know if it was to me and how to respond since I was c on f u s e d.

8. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

glad everyone that cheated got their FPs back and kept the levels and xp they gained that they shouldn't have, i can only hope the same thing happens tonight so that i can take advantage of it

9. EVILSPEAK

EVILSPEAK New Member

I sent a ticket in requesting (not demanding) those 10 FP's back. Kano didn't have too, and if they didn't I wouldn't have argued the point. But they were gracious enough too and I appreciate that. Taking into account loads of people use alts to advance, as well as employing bots and scripts etc me getting a poxy 10 FP's back is pretty small beer in the grand scheme of things. As someone who has never cheated in the game, and has always played fairly I do resent some of the comments here.

RafeDavid and Kirsten like this.
  10. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

I never thought it was cheating - a lot of people may not have known it was a gliche and just thought it was something new that they might have not been told about. And others might have thought it was a gliche but Kano would just fix it and not adjust anything making them (their syndicate) at a disadvantage for not take advantage of the opportunity. Then later when they complained about losing because they didn't take advantage, all those who had and won would have been mouthing off "Everyone had the chance to do it... it's your fault if you didn't". So either way you went at that moment could have been the wrong choice.

I just hope if something happens like this again, Kano just leaves it alone for like the first 12 hours and let's everyone have the same advantage and plays it out that way. Sometimes trying to clean up a mess just makes a bigger mess.

11. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Oh, and by the way - I didn't play SW so I can honestly say, I have no horse in this race and wasn't one who took advantage OR didn't.

12. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

yeah, i resent some of the comments here, too. 7 pages of posts until this week, and then almost complete silence. i guess those complaining on here got what they wanted after they sent their tickets to support. and what do bots, scripts, etc. have to do with this topic? by that logic, can i get my 10 FPs, too? i mean, it is pretty small in the grand scheme of things, after all. as a matter of fact, why don't you throw in a couple of levels?

Kirsten likes this.
  13. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

I was not really clear what you were trying to say.....
    you resent some of the comments on here? Any ones in particular and any specific reason as to why?

You said "7 pages of posts until this week, and then almost complete silence. i guess those complaining on here got what they wanted after they sent their tickets to support." Well, if Kano listened and responded to the comments, opinions, and Tickets, it would seem like people would not need to complain abut a subject that was resolved at least in some way to their satisfaction. I am not sure what you are trying to say in this statement.

and what do bots, scripts, etc. have to do with this topic? I have no idea what you are rambling about here. How did we get on this topic? Maybe I missed something in previous posts on this thread? Like you said, almost 7 pages, I cannot read them all.

by that logic, can i get my 10 FPs, too? What logic? What does using a bot or a script have to do with the gliche and the refund of fps players used when the scores were reset? Again, Kano cannot determine if a player was intending to cheat or actually thought the gliche was something new that they had missed. It is sort of the innocent until proven without a doubt guilty. So Kano did the right thing in the refunds of fps.

"i mean, it is pretty small in the grand scheme of things, after all. as a matter of fact, why don't you throw in a couple of levels" What are you talking about here as well? I you referring to the fact Kano refunded some fps for the gliche? Or you angry about some bot or script issue?

Maybe everyone else understands everything you said and it makes sense to them. Maybe it is just me who thinks you just seem to go nowhere and everywhere at once with no real concise idea or point.

14. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

@EVILSPEAK : very happy they gave you compensation for your FPs spent in refills.

15. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

I have a question to the admin : what happened exactly, and are you sure it won't happen again during next SW?

16. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

What does that matter? I'm sure some can't wait to spend FPs on the war during a glitch, get levels and xp for free, and then submit tickets to support to get their FPs back. Sounds like a win-win to me.

GATMAN likes this.
  17. Mr. Zen

Mr. Zen New Member

It matters because we don't want to go through this again. I don't think any player really wanted SW to work out with this result...

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

New code was pushed for the Wars last week (VC and ZS). Nothing popped up so we should be good to go for this week's events. :)

19. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

I hope your wrong Mitch, the start of syn war in MW was actually kind of fun to play and watch.....I highly recommend every war start out like that for the first 15 minutes. I bet the servers wouldn't be able to handle all the activity of EVERYONE finally being on together when the war starts.

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  20. Vic

Vic Active Member

it didn't matter to me. we placed about the same as we always do (outside of the top 20). the rest is blah, blah, blah.