PC and cage matching

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I play a fight game where a cagematch is not NEEDED to adjust someone's health before a kill shot, in case you missed my point. We obviously have different ideas of what a "fight game" is.

And in this thread I've come at this from a lot of different angles. You just keep repeating the same two or three arguments over and over, ignoring the points anyone else brings up. It's probably why the devs seem more convinced by our arguments than yours.
    Apparently this escapes you because you seem more interested in trying to sprinkle your posts with what I guess you feel are witty one-liners if the winking emoticons are any sign. Food for thought.

And I guess you're not aware of the irony but you are fighting fiercely in this thread to hold onto a feature you keep insisting is inconsequential. Seems like a contradiction to me as well as being somewhat amusing.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Kirsten likes this.
  2. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

first, let me say that i don't play PC.
    it's good that someone had the time to count all of the individual posts to this thread from some of the posters, i was wondering what the total might have been.
    and i'm not very impressed with someone that has a 50/50 win/loss ratio in battles.
    finally, can someone please bounty this putz to reset his survival streak? ty.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I am not impressed either talking mostly about using it for battle kills and your kills are that low so obviously one would think either your a pathetic cager which if u cage you are. Or you just suck period at caging and can't even get kills which is one of your main points.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. Jon Ward

And one of the most prolific cagers in pirate clan on facebook kills is even more pathetic then yours. So still not buying it. There is another cager i am looking for haven't seen him in years but i bet his kills are the same way. And he was a notorious cager when it first came out ran his levels into the thousands fast.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

This player crying is on Kong anyway PC is only there maybe a year and a half and he leveled with a partner , I believe as I was told by others who play there. So for me if all that is true his opinion carries very little weight.

Jon Ward likes this.
  6. Jon Ward

Even if we were on Kong with the way we built our characters he would be the same way every cager is run and hides when he knows we kill them that simple. Then they attack and run back into the hospital to hide again and again.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. greatM

greatM Active Member

I see you still have not posted your stat to show what the issue is or is not.;):rolleyes:

I post here so cagematch is seem to be the attack option that it is, that has already been extremely restricted. Just because you chose not to use it that is your chose, but why try so hard to get it removed from other that have chose to it.

Any argument you can put up for the removal of this fight option that is years old, can be argued the same for removing battle attack, and that would be just as ridiculous.
    When have I ever called it inconsequential? Please quote my post where I have done this.

8. greatM

greatM Active Member

Jon ward you are crying about an extremly limited attack option, but still have not posted your stat.;):rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  9. greatM

greatM Active Member

This player is crying about an extreemly limited attack option.
    Post your stats so we can see what you are cryiung about. It would seem this is all over a few k attacks at the most with minimal if any deaths. in a fight game.;):rolleyes:
    The same player that posts >

10. greatM

greatM Active Member

Seems the players who are crying about cagematch have very little to cry about, or they would post their stats.

11. Old Salt

You have, a number of times, called it "extremely limited" or "extremely restricted" so I would gather from that you think it is inconsequential to game play. Correct?

And you insist on branding cagematching a legitimate battle option. I don't find it so. And I doubt many others do either. How can a feature that only uses a few attributes be a legitimate battle option? You don't use crew in it's battle equation. You don't use matey's, weapons or ships. Equating something like that to the "attack" option (which uses all of the game's attributes in it's battle equation) is what's ridiculous in my view.

12. greatM

greatM Active Member

Incorrect.
    Repeating yourself again:rolleyes:
    Why does a feature need to use all other features in a fight game ?
    Post your stats then all can judge for themselves;)

13. Old Salt

What is incorrect? That you never called it "extremely limited"?

And stop spamming the thread asking for everyone to post their stats. What has posting stats have to do with this debate? Why not try answering why you consider cagematching to be a legitimate battle option when I keep pointing out to you why it isn't.

14. greatM

greatM Active Member

what you gather is incorrect ;)
    Your are trying to get a ligitmate fight option removed from the game, that has been around for years, that you call "annoying" but seem to not want to show your stats to justify your poistion. I was asked to post mine which I did.

15. Old Salt

Judge what for themselves?

And yes I'm repeating it because you don't answer. Why do you consider a feature that does not use all of the game's attributes a legitimate battle option? I don't think it is. And apparently the devs do not either since they are considering locking it out and they have said in the past that the cagematch was only supposed to be a feature for beginning players.

16. greatM

greatM Active Member

LMOA according to you and some others, I'm repeating myself then when I chose not to repeat myself, I'm accused of not answering.
    You still have not answered this > Why does a feature need to use all other features in a fight game ?
    You also say that in your opinion it is a baby captains feature, How does the suggested removal at 5k cagematch make it into a baby captians feature?
    Seems you are not prepared to post your stats that speaks volumes;)

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Old salt just ignore him , he is a relatively new player his opinion carries no weight prob lleveled off of raids and with a partner.WE will just wait for kano to make a change or not. We know all the players who agree with us ,will be fine with any change kano deems appropriate.

18. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

exactly. just let him post messages to himself. if no one replies, eventually this thread will go inactive. i also don't think he should be eligible for the monthly reward just for making all of his posts in this thread, repeating himself about the same topic. any thoughts on that?

Jon Ward and Kirsten like this.
  19. Old Salt

You can post winking emoticons all you want. I have no idea what posting my stats is going to tell anyone. I have no idea what volumes it speaks. And you are not answering a legitimate question. You keep insisting that cagematching is a legitimate battle option yet the only thing you seem to want to use it for is to adjust the health of someone you want to kill off with a pistol whip. IMO opinion that's not a sufficient reason to call it legitimate.

i have answered why it needs to use all of the features to be legitimate. So that one can successfully defend against it without have to use a radical build. You need to have a lopsided defensive build to defend against a cagematch because the pure cagematcher is all attack. No one can dispute that. It's also the reason that these players hide.
    And the majority of players using cagematches will still be a low level player by the time they reach the 5K limit. By then they should have sufficient crew built up to be able to attack with success. Those who do not pass the 5K mark early on are probably not using cagematching as an offensive weapon.

And no one has to accuse you of not answering. These last several posts are all the proof one needs. You want to continue to have this debate then you need to start giving some serious answers. Until then I have made my case and am prepared to let the devs decide.

20. greatM

greatM Active Member

LMAO the player that said they was putting me on mute. Chooses to comment on my stats about points irrelevant to the thread and now suggest I'm relatively new.
    But who it seems is also not prepared to post her stats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.