[LCN] some thoughts about disabling accts

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Si Celia, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Si Celia

Si Celia Member

Why does Kano spend so much time and resources trying to eliminate what they suspect (and are often wrong about, I imagine--not everyone can afford a separate computer for every member of their household) are multiple accounts? As a business model, it makes no sense; as a gaming model, it makes no sense. As a moral model, urging people to report others smacks of totalitarianism and worse. People are still going to play cooperatively even if some people have more than one acct, and the additional income from additional players would certainly help make the game better--that is, if Kano spent that money making the game better. There seem to be a lot of problems--gifting, etc.--and, even more importantly, there are still serious problems with the Raid events. I am losing confidence in Kano, to be frank. Is it just me who thinks that Kano needs to rethink how they spend their time and the money we give them?
    Si Celia

Justin the killer likes this.
  2. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

yeah, this is a losing battle in my opinion, from what i've seen in other threads here

3. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

I don't think alts are dumb to spend money, knowing that they will lose all of it. besides terms of use specifically mentioned that in prohibited acts. if they allow that, some people may quit, I know personally some people quit the game because of alts. agree there's a problem with gifting, As Kristen suggests I tried using KP sever 1 and it works ok. I thinks raids are ok too, but there should be a permanent tiers. changing tiers from raid to raid is annoying. ex. fb lower tier is hard to fill this time, last time it was good. But eventually, I think active investigation on fake accounts should be carried out. I believe that's a part of improving the game. at least it will give us a reason to think that kano using our money for good. imagine, when you use your money and game is full of alts, would you play fair?

4. Si Celia

Si Celia Member

Kano assumes everyone whose acct they disable is playing alts, and that is not the case. They could flag accts and get proof before permanently disabling, if they insist on retaining such a silly model.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I despise cheats and no one has to tell me to report anyone cheating I do it willingly, having an alt is cheating using bots,scripts , is cheating , I do not like liars or dishonesty in a game or real life

AXXO likes this.
  6. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

FYI, there are temporary freezes so they can prove.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

@Si Celia - I know you come from M2 where it was not a problem to have many ALT Accounts there. When I first started playing LCN, I would have agreed with you about ALT Accounts being what seemed to be a HUGE deal here, but after I have seen all of the bad things these ALT Accounts can (and will) do, I am glad that Kano takes this issue so seriously! When one person has multiple Accounts on LCN, it can inflict a MUCH greater deal of harm than it could have on M2. Also, people who have ALT Accounts generally only spend money on their "Main" Account, and just use their ALT's for doing a wide variety of things that are extremely unfair to you (and every other player on LCN)! ;)

Kirsten likes this.
  8. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I couldn't care less what anyone else does. If someone has time to use an alt and wants to invest time playing an alt, I don't care. What is the difference if I get my wife and two kids to play an account that they just get on to help my main account? And how can Kano prove that my wife is not playing or my kids? As long as I can prove my wife and kids live in the same household, not much Kano could do about it. They cannot prove it is not them sitting at the computer if it was me instead.

But bottom line, I don't have the time to play more than one account and I don't have the time to let them take the computer time away from me! LOL I do have more than one computer and I am planning on buying a new laptop this next week for my daughter.... so if they decide to play just to help me, is that cheating? Or is just an advantage I have as they fit into the rules as they are real people playing however they want to play... it just so happens they could careless about anything about mob wars and would only do things to help me better my mobster ;-)

I have always been a strong believer in the idea people should focus more of their time on what they do and not what everyone else is doing..... so what if someone levels. So what if they use an alt to list. So what if they use alts to send them gifts. So what if they use alts to help on bosses or RAIDS. Focus on you.

There are a lot of ways people can beat you WITHOUT cheating. Maybe they have more friends than you and they get 100% of their gifts daily. Maybe they have friends who kill RAIDS and they just invest the minimum. Maybe they have more time during each day and can be on here 12 hours a day and you can only manage 1 hour. Maybe they have a credit card the size of Texas and can buy more items in a day than you can afford in a month. Maybe their schedule works better so they can meet leveling partners every day to level. Maybe their computer and internet is faster so they have less issues when playing and can level faster, play BA better, and can attack you faster than you can ambush. Maybe you have arthritis and can only play for limited periods of time and you cannot compete with that young kid who spends all day on here.

Using another example, I hear from women all the time who complain about their weight and looks and it is always about how other people have more time for exercise. Or how a person with more money can afford to cook the better foods. Or how they are a mother with kids and don't have the energy after taking care of a family. It all comes down to not what everyone else does but what you do.

Play your game.

Geoff Heretic Wild likes this.