[PC] TGIF! Pirate Clan Development News July 27 - 31

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jul 31, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans July 20 - July 26

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 10
    KP2: 7
    Kong/Armor: 1

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

August Monthly Calendar!

I don’t know art, but I know what I like...and what I like is a new Monthly Calendar! The August Calendar starts tomorrow, August 1, at 10 am PDT.

[​IMG]

World Chat Issues with Avast

Just a heads up that if you are using Avast as your anti-virtus program you may run into some issues using the World Chat. Currently the only way we have found to access our chat while running Avast is to go into Avast Settings, navigate to "Active Protection" and turn Web Shield off.

You can also choose to disable the Web Shield for a temporary amount of time if you would prefer the shield to be enabled after playing.

August Long Weekend

This coming Monday, August 3, is a holiday here in beautiful British Columbia so the Kano offices will be closed. Business will resume promptly on Tuesday August 4, but please be aware there will be a longer than normal delay in answering any Support tickets or forum posts. :)

Facebook Tagging

If you play our games on Facebook you may be prompted to tag them with some relevant genres or descriptions. If you could take a second and do that for us it would be much appreciated! Proper tagging from our players will help Facebook’s algorithms know who to promote our games to.

The tags will show up on the right side of the game screen in Facebook’s overlay. Here’s a screenshot for reference.

[​IMG]

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Weekend!

The TGIF seems pretty long this week, so just a quick reminder:

As some of you know, private messages to members of Team Kano are a great way to give some quick feedback! However they don't work very well as a way to skip the Support queue.

If you need help with your account or want to report a violation, please create a ticket in the Support Center. Tickets help us track and record issues, and provide a dedicated channel for secure back-and-forth exchanges with someone who can give you their full attention and has your account information and records on hand.

We also monitor it carefully to make sure messages don't get missed or lost, which unfortunately is not always the case with our personal inboxes! :S

Cheers,

Aardvark
    whose husband unironically loves Taylor Swift and turns up the volume whenever she comes on the car radio.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What happened when the cannibal showed up late for the luncheon?
    He got the cold shoulder.

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/pirateclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/pirate-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/pirate-clan-game/15877
    iOS: http://go.onelink.me/3053715728?pid=Forum&c=tgif_link

mafialukem and Krimson King like this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Taylor swift ??? Ugh and yuck

Tony Montana and Krimson King like this.
  3. Krimson King

Krimson King Active Member

Kano need to make a Halloween raid boss and have Halloween items u get when boss is killed not revamped item that already been used

George Burd and Chasity like this.
  4. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Like the idea. But Halloween is still two months away.

5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

And i need to move to Canada. You guys have way to many holidays and i like it. More days off.

Kirsten and Sparrowhawk like this.
  6. Kirsten

YES GOOD IDEA :) :) :)

Krimson King likes this.
  7. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

I would love that idea, like Jason, or Freddy

Krimson King likes this.
  8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

October's Raid Boss(es) are already written, but it's a good idea for next year! :)

Krimson King and Tony Montana like this.
  9. Tony Montana

Ok, I guess I can wait.

10. Kirsten

how about a bad /evil santa raid :p

11. Tony Montana

Or Rabies Rudolph

Krimson King and Kirsten like this.
  12. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Oooh there's plenty of time for Kano to be drafting/implementing this idea! :rolleyes: Holiday raids sound like fun!

Krimson King likes this.
  13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

December content is written as well, so our artists are already working on it. Maybe next year! :)

Chasity likes this.
  14. Kirsten

Yeah whatever ,so raids are here to stay regardless anyway , and they will suck no matter what it looks like , just mindless leveling

15. Tony Montana

Don't diss my wife now =P

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Kirsten

Haha you always make me laugh gotta luv a good sense of humor any day of the week

Tony Montana likes this.
  17. Tony Montana

I do what I can

18. Krimson King

With Christmas drops when boss is defeated like gift box bomb or pack of elves

19. Krimson King

I thank kano should ask us for ideas on raid bosses for 2016....get us more involved in creating instead of just throwing ideas together....and stop revamping old items for the raid boss drops. Renaming them dont make them different I like seeing the new artistry of the items you put out for the kano community...when u revamp over and over it gets old real fast

Chasity, George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  20. Krimson King

Here's on for next year if yall deside to make it make the Halloween raid boss the headless horseman...

November can be the skinwalkers or the high chief....

December the evil Santa, the rabid Rudolph, the twisted elves or sinister jack frost....

Ideas for kano

Chasity, George Burd and Kirsten like this.