Adventure help then gifting

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Lasinagol, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I had a pic, but my cpu didn't save it after editing it.

What my issue is when you assist someone with an adventure and then decide to give them a gift. Occasionally it will say "Invalid User or you have already gifted this person today."

Invalid User? Does that mean they were an alt and haven't been removed from my list, or a bot that works for Kano?

2. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

It happened again and I was able to properly crop it without my computer thinking it should delete stuff.

Attached Files:

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Interesting! Never seen or heard of that before, personally. I'll ask people who are much more knowledgeable than myself in such matters. :)

Lasinagol likes this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actually, when this happens it's because usually have sent them a gift from your IC earnings, then going through adventures and trying to send same person a gift.

Kirsten and Lasinagol like this.
  5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Interesting indeed Mi7ch.

JADES was correct in that this was not checking if you could actually send a Gift to the player you just assisted. That has probably been a problem for a long time so thank you for pointing this out Lasinagol.

A fix was just released for this so that it will not suggest you send a Gift when you are unable to but please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

George Burd and Lasinagol like this.
  6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Quick note, if "X" person hasn't collected gift from you yet that have sent, the option to send gift will not appear.

But in some cases, option to send gift will not appear, not sure why. Maybe haven't requested gift, or updated wishlist lately? Next one for you Smack LOL. Sorry had to do it.

7. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I now feel like I meaningfully contributed to the game somehow. In a very miniscule way and short lived. Thank you

Smack likes this.
  8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Is this before or after the change released last night?

There are a few reasons as the response below your rewards will follow this hierarchy.
    1. If on FB and the player who requests help posts this to their Wall with the ability to leave comments this will take top priority
    2. If the player who requests help has at least 1 item on their Wishlist that the helper is able to send back, suggest this gift
    3. If there is no available gift for the helper to send or the player who requested help has an empty wishlist, show nothing below the rewards

9. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i have a question about this.
    i have some lower level mob (some that just started) that can't send me any of the gifts on my wishlist, so i get secret gifts from them (what i presume is the next available item that they CAN send to me).
    i'm not sure that i understand why some players NEVER have a send gift button when you click on one of their job helps? why wouldn't it automatically show up and send the first available gift, even if it's only the secret one, instead of not even allowing the option?

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I've noticed this, too. Very annoying that the gift button doesn't come up on some players' help requests. But this has been going on for years, so oh well.

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It's been like this as long as can remember on FB VC, it's from 'adventure help requests' sometimes won't pop up. I'm so use to now don't even pay attention to it. If gift option doesn't pop up=no gift from me. I'm not about to go to their profile send gift, go back to adventure help, find were left off and continue.

Lasinagol likes this.
  12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

To reiterate:

If requirement #1 from my last post exists you will not see a send gift button.
    If you are ineligible to send a gift to the player (already sent one today, have reached daily limit) you will not see a send gift button.
    If there is no gift on their wishlist within your level range to send you will not see a send gift button.
    And finally if they do not have any gifts in their wishlist you will not see a send gift button.

Lasinagol and George Burd like this.
  13. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

right. but why can't the gift button always be there, and you can at least send a secret gift? not sure that i understand why it doesn't appear at all simply because they don't have anything in their wish list or "in range" gifts that you can send. and this isn't always true. sometimes i get that "invalid user" message because i have already sent them a gift. based on what was posted, if a gift was already sent, the button should not be there, correct? :confused:

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Ah, I get it now Smack

Capturea1.PNG

George Burd likes this.
  15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Good lord I am getting teamed up on this. Try to fix something and the wolves come out :D

Valid point that this could be the fallout condition if no gift wishlist has been set and you are able to send a gift to this player. I'll add it to the hopper of tasks to tackle.

George Burd and JADES like this.
  16. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I have noticed it for as long as I have been playing through FB. I to to the main page on Kanoplay to play, though.

17. dave johnson

dave johnson New Member

Maryann Frias I'm having a problem with the Don't ask me again ,when I send a gift it still keeps asking again every time for the same people when I send another gift and its just getting frustrating can you fix this please !
    Preview
    [​IMG]
    Dave Johnson sent you a gift:
    [​IMG]
    Here is the Enemy's Heart for your Viking Clan. Could you help me by sending a gift back?
    Don't ask again before sending requests to Maryann Frias from this app.

18. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

This seems to be a FB problem, not a Kano problem.
    When you play on http://www.kanoplay.com and login with your FB account you don't have this problem.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Facebook changed how these "Frictionless Requests" work and in my opinion not for the better. To successfully use these both the sender and receiver must:
    • Be Friends on Facebook
    • Have granted the app "user_friends" permission. (The only reason this is likely not to exist is if a player explicitly revoked it)
    Personally I wish they would remove the "Don't Ask Again" option from the request if the conditions above are not met. It would reduce a lot of confusion.

20. dave johnson

dave johnson New Member

we are friends on facebook that's why I send them gifts but now it's wanting me to ok 30 percent of my gifts I guess it is to make me click more buttons !!!!