Bounty traps

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Goon Platoon, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

No thanks. Let the bounties fly!! If everyone kept paying off bounty traps, the game would get very boring! Just get revenge. Heal ,and throw them up a couple of times!!!!

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  2. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a bounty hazard: you get listed when you hit a trap randomly. Yes they might end up listing you 'cheap" for 1/2 their cost to list assuming you have roughly equal bounties, but making it random is one of those oh darn moments. Say 1/5. Not sure this would make for more bounties or less, but it would make it a bit interesting and add an edge to the trap. Would mean more traps out there and maybe less protection too.

As far as the idea goes of losing the gold to list when you hit a trap, the incentive to list a person would disappear rapidly if you lost your gold and hit a trap, then had to lose it again if they trapped you quickly. The Trap iMacro would be rapidly developed ... 0/10

3. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Nice to see the banter above. I recall when I started VC that I was surprised that if I bountied a bounty trap that I still kept my bounty coin. Seemed stupid at the time but if that is the way it goes then ok. If you bounty someone, get killed and then bounty them anyway what has happened? The person lodging the bounty getls killed buy the bounty trap. Quite likely the bounty trap is there because they have bountied that person before so they are trying to defend themselves from you. I never mind really, if a bounty trap kills your enemy and you still get bountied then you win as the trap cost is a very small % of the bounty cost. Then you trap them again and they bounty you again but at a higher cost ad infinitum until they cannot afford you as your price increases with every bounty. If I ever play bounty/trap games with someone the person bountying me gives up first as they run out of cash - or enthusiasm. So like Kirsten said, I am also quite happy with the way it is. I find it funny to repeatedly bounty trap someone who is trying to get me. Go ahead buddy, one click and I am alive again and costing you more coin MUHAHAHAHA

Chris Groner likes this.
  4. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i can see some of the point in this, but i think this will reduce hits being put up over time, so i say no.

Kirsten likes this.
  5. monica

monica New Member

That might work if the guy that keeps bountying me would ever heal so I could actually bounty him back. Ticks me off that he waits til I am not playing heals himself and bounties me like 3 or 4 times and then leaves his health level so low I can't attack, axe slap or bounty him back. I think if he lost his bounty money in a bounty trap it would deter him from playing dirty. I accept that I can be bountied but it stinks when I have been bountied like 50 times by this guy and can't retaliate because he is such a coward that he can't accept being bountied.

George Burd likes this.
  6. Chris Groner

Chris Groner New Member

I kinda like the idea, it would reduce the amounts of pills taken while on the bounty list.

George Burd likes this.
  7. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

How can he bounty you 3 or 4 times when you're not playing? Once dead he can't bounty until you play and heal. And if he's low on health, you can still axe slap or bounty him back. You can call this cowardly, I call this a good strategy :)

And to be on topic, leave it as it is, the bounty list is empty enough, especially in PC because there is no war mode. Losing money in a bounty trap would only make it worse.

Kirsten likes this.
  8. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

A lot of this does not make sense at least to me. If you are not playing, you are not healing "3 or 4 times" or attacking back.

Further, if he has to pay double to bounty you once, yet you have to pay once to trap him, how does that make sense? With the calculations of the games trap costs on deaths v. bounties, it will keep his trap price that you pay very high and well ... that itself might lead you to be cleaned of gold ... and bountied even more. That is the mechanics of the game at work.

If you have been bountied 50x by this guy, it can't be at once: if it was, your trap price you pay on him would be 2 cents. That can hurt in terms of retaliation. Further, you can flip the Protection on.

The fact is that you may have someone that just don't like you. And for that, you build up alliances to take care of business, etc. Its a social game and folks do help others in their battles. And vice versa ... makes for a battle ... game ... sheesh!

Karess, George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  9. monica

monica New Member

I am not healing 3 or 4 times, he is placing 3-4 bounties on me. And your health builds back up even if you are not playing...sheesh! And I have been bountied when my health was to low to attack. And yes it is a social game but I prefer to help rather than harass someone. You must be like this guy and continually harass people since you are defending him!

10. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

This was bought up years ago in one of the game forums on facebook and the developers who belonged to that group said the same thing, that if you lost all your money on a trap then the amount of bounties being set would decrease drastically. And I agree with that. But I always felt that the trap needed more bite to it. People have always used the trap to their advantage (killing themselves before going offline to hide) and it's supposed to be a penalty. That's why I think the "bounty hazard" idea is the way to go. Some unknown penalty might happen if you hit a trap, be it being listed or something else. Maybe one out of four or five random events might happen. That would give those looking to trap out before they go offline pause.

Karess and George Burd like this.
  11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

3 or 4 bounties is nothing and definitely not a reason for some change in the game , if people only care to play to help others, well a lot don't play that way , most play the game as a fight game, kill and be killed.

Tony Montana likes this.
  12. Old Salt

Well KANO could fix that so you couldn't hit a trap while you are on the bounty list.

Kirsten and George Burd like this.
  13. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

To fix it to where you could not hit a trap while you were on the list, Kano would have to make it to where you could not even try to post anyone while you were on the list. Unfortunately this would hinder a person who just went up on the list from immediately trying to post his lister. In a heated battle, it may not be a “suicide” trap the person is looking for, but instead quick retaliation.

14. Old Salt

I'm sure KANO could close off the ability to use a trap while on the bounty list. It's just a loophole that was never addressed. People who trap out on a bounty deny someone else from claiming it and essentially screw over the one who listed them. This needs to be addressed.

15. Karess

Karess Member

You get bountied, you die. Without healing, it takes a long time to regenerate your health back up to a level where you can be bountied again. It sounds like you need more health if he can do this to you so often.

You only need about 9k health to be able to stay off line for 24 hours without healing up to a targetable range. So, raise your health, play more often and complain less.

I'd like to see a random chance for the person doing the tossing to lose some or all of their cash when they hit a trap. Most of the bounties are either war related or personal issues - I don't see either coming to a screeching halt with the introduction of a possible down side.

George Burd likes this.
  16. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Indeed, you heal when not playing but it takes a long time from being dead to being out of the hospital. So you are either very low level, very low on health or you play only once in a week or 2 weeks. Put some skill points in health and your problem is solved.

17. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

I think even around 5K is enough to stay in the hospital for 24 hours.

18. DeathMo the Drifter

DeathMo the Drifter Active Member

It needs to stay the way it is you already loose exp and life when you hit a trap. People would stop doing bounties if they lost gold to

19. monica

monica New Member

My health is not the problem, I am a daily player and stating offline for 24 hours is not acceptable for me or fair to my guild. I am playing (and healing myself often enough that it is a problem to be bountied 12 times in 10 minutes). How can you complete GP's if you can't heal quick enough to battle your bosses or anyone else? I have level 27,000 bounty attacking me (I am level 2400). 12 bounties in 10 minutes is a little ridiculous.

20. monica

monica New Member

Oh, I wish there was an unlike button and I will complain if I want to. There are levels of honor and apparently a lot of people do NOT have any honor.