PC and cage matching

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I can compromise Mi7ch that if this change is limited to a more social network as facebook is, that it would not be a problem. armor/kong is years younger and thousands less people, make the blood sacrificial promise and all is well. I shall endeavor to gather my opponents here to be allies in CRAFTING

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

well as a low level it wouldn't affect you we are talking about high levels,way higher, than 3,100 we are talking about 8 k and up and we are talking about FB,I cannot even imagine why you would want to stay a low level ,cause you will never be strong, ya missing out on adventures,bosses, so crafting is out the window ,but ces't la vie ,we are talking about players that actually want to level and play the game lol. Besides the fact that how you play is a very minority view.

3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Don't you just love the sarcasm? If you want to see cagematching done away with after a certain level or after you lock up the achievements in the game it's because you are "afraid of being targeted" and you should go play Farmville. Someone who cagematches has the nerve to say this. Astounding.

4. Kirsten

Honestly someone who does not even want to level ,which is of course he choice, makes me wonder what is out there that is keeping him wanting to stay low ?? That is really a first for me to hear someone say that they don't want to level at all,for the most part,again staying low it is not gonna affect you and again this if for FB , not for kong,myspace or armor, I don't play there so you guys can do what ya want there :)

5. Old Salt

For the record once again; I would like to see cagematching done away with at higher levels because people who built lopsided pirates or have leveled too fast and are weak are using caging as a substitute for fighting. I think if you have reached higher levels like 7000 or 8000 then it is time time for the training wheels to come off.
    And I think that a feature in the game should take into account all that everyone has worked so hard to get and add to and cagematching does not do that. It is a quick simplistic way to fight for the lazy who do not feel the need to get crew or weapons. A shortcut that should be done away with at higher levels because all it is then is a loophole that is being exploited.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    Kirsten likes this.
  6. Kirsten

No we are talking about at this point in time a level 8 k ,9k and over 10 k players caging , and are weak as a baby, with full clan mind you and they have to use a boost to even come close to beating someone higher or lower depending on who we are talking about at any given moment in time, when we first addressed this they were not quite that high, but were cagers before they leveled themselves up higher with raids, so you are a level 112 ?? that means no one can list you(,is that a typo), and the reason no one can list you cause ya have to be Level 300 to be listed by anyone higher than you.
    1.5 bounty ehhhh that is nothing in the game I Play :)

PS.. so in effect you are hiding?? by staying a low level,is that your strategy,why not play with the big boys ?? curious ??

7. Kirsten

No like I said we are talking about level 8 k 9k and 10 k and moving up fast all cause of raids, they do not do bosses , craft ,are cheap to list and usually that is our only recourse cause they cage their 50 and hide and they do it to a lot of people, who have worked their games and built their characters( of course spent money)which is neither here or there) and all they are doing is taking the express to level into the atmosphere with nothing to back up with their level with and the point of cage matching when it was implemented was to help new players till they got full clan not player who have dilly dallied around for years until the raids came into being and they springboarded levels , again without substance so they have to hide, I am watching a few level up a storm like I cannot believe, it is crazy, they have in their inventory memorial gifts as their strongest item, it is crazy. Obviously they have low defense so if ya lucky enough to catch them with health ,which only really happens during raids they give the crappiest XP, one level 10K plus gives less than 99 xp.

8. Again... Let's just refresh the thread. Specifically, how do cagematches affect the high level players besides the fact that they don't want to lose? Can someone list some decent general aspects on this, to actually point out the cons, please!

George Burd and Reefer like this.
  9. Old Salt

First off, it has nothing to do with losing. I couldn't care less about my cagematch record. You guys seem to be under the impression that cagematching is truly fighting. It is not. It does not incorporate everything into the battle. No mateys. No ships. No weapons. No crew. Nothing that a player spends his or her time working hard to build themselves up with. All it takes into account is a player's loadout and att/def stats. It's a shadow of a real battle. And therein lies the problem. It promotes lazy pirate builds. It keeps players in a very real way from completely entering the game. They do not battle. They cage. It promotes part time playing. Any cagers I come across are hit and hiders. They cage you when you are offline and then disappear into the hospital. Now you ask, what's the matter with that? Well if they were forced to attack you they wouldn't be doing it because it would cripple their won/loss stats since they are caging you because they can't beat you. So caging allows them to either bring your health down for some others to whip kill you WITHOUT hurting their stats.
    As has been said. After the caging achievements that are currently in the game are achieved caging should be locked out to that player. It would force them to start building a competitive pirate and bring them into the game, which is what we all want. Worthy opponents not still relying on some feature that was meant to help them ease into the game when they first started. And also players who are participating in the game. Not hanging around on the outskirts.
    End caging for high levels now.

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Old Salt

What game are you talking about? Mob Wars? Do you have a PC account?

11. So, let's summarize:
    1. It promotes lazy pirate builds
    2. It keeps players in a very real way from completely entering the game
    3. It promotes part time playing
    4. Cagers apparently seem to be more prone to hit and hide
    5. Caging allows them to either bring your health down for some others to whip kill you WITHOUT hurting their stats

OK, now 1,2,3 -> "I am certain that everyone wants all the good for everyone else in the game, so they probably think that the game should engage players in activities to give both them and others a more enjoyable environment." probably that is a false statement, but let's say it is true that players are actually that kind and interested for the well being of others and actually wish that. Though from this first 3 arguments I fail to see the implication that affects the high levels. They are they, you are you. What other does and how long it does it's far from being anyone else's problem. No one is obliged to enter the game whenever someone else does. Everyone has his own style of playing and time to waste on the game, after all.

For the 4th point -> I respect anyone suspicion that that might be true, though I've certainly seen lots of players that hide when you beat them up. And I guess they are right to do that. Only one that might not be right in the had wouldn't hide when he gets beaten up. So let's get real, doesn't matter if the one that gets beaten is a cager or not, if he gets beaten he will hide. That won't ever solve the problem of hiders, in any case. I play this game since cagematches didn't even exist, but hiders... well they were always there.
    I could also say in this case that it's probably more animated if they can at least do something from time to time. So in my opinion leaving then that will actually give them more spirit to get out at least some times from their infirmary or grave.

5. -> this really seems to be quite the only actual problem. A problem that might actually affect high level players, even though this can happen at any level. But again, dying is part of this game, and I assure you that, the only difference from what happens at low levels might be that players at low levels have a higher percentage of being noobs. So it's hard for them to gather and whip one until he dies. But it still happens and the thing is. That if they want you dead won't matter if someone hits you 3 times even if they lose and then whip you. In any other order. If one feels threatened about that you can focus you tactics in setting up more defense. It's more challenging to asses your build based on the environment and also keep up with the changes, but after all even you asked for a challenge.

"competitive pirate and bring them into the game, which is what we all want" -> you will be surprised but that is actually statistically false. Based on the latest statistic that KANO themselves provided, which you can see right here http://i.imgur.com/pr0vOwV.png , only 9.2% of the players are actually interested in battles. And those are the players that took the survey so those that are probably mostly interested in the game, not on the "outskirts", how you did mention. Amusing, right? But unfortunately, the majority is not up to it. So no, that's not "what we all want" unfortunately... or maybe fortunately for the majority.

You do know I am not actually into cagematches, but you may wonder why do I seem to support them. Well not only that I see that the well being of the majority is influenced by it, not only that being a feature that doesn't influence the game more than a tiny bit and perhaps there will be more that would rather like to keep them for their weakling a**es protection, so giving the KANO devs more to work on something that has no influence and is not even desired is an overhead, not even that I personally take advantage out of other's cagematches, and also use them in my favor, even though I'm very weak in personal strength, but I also want to see players to be able to adapt to changes rather than whine and ask for other stuff to be taken out when things get out of their comfort zone, ESPECIALLY for high level players. They seem to think they have all set up, and now they can sleep in their cradle of power and just play as that every day with no challenge. Taking cagematches out won't be a challenge for them, will a challenge only for those that used them. Remember as Darwin said “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”

PS: Sorry for mentioning "besides the fact that they don't want to lose" in the comment above. I know for sure there are players that do not relate to that, but I'm also certain that there are some they do. So please do not take it personal.

Peace!

George Burd likes this.
  12. Kirsten

I can be very responsive to change , remove cagematching after a certain requirement and I will have a response , don't remove it and I will have a response, just would be nice if cagematching was a feature used by the players it was designed for, new players not players who have played for years. I have not caged in years, but hey that is just me, why waste the stamina and it is pretty stupid of them to use a 37% boost ( rum boost of course included in that percentage) to attack people 50 times and half the time lose anyway. Maybe they would smarten up and play a better more engaging game if a level 10K player could no longer cage others, which in turn would make it more fun for all involved :)

13. Kirsten

No everyone can play as they want lame ,smart part time but the ones we are talking about are not part time players ,they are daily players playing about as long as I am,we know the players ,we know who they are they are not strangers just strange and yes they can play as they wish, But kano made cagematches for a reason and that reason has become a loophole for some and as we all know there is a % of people in this world who will use a loophole ,a shortcut and slightly less honorable way to do things in many areas of their lives, games included, all I ask is that Kano at least for lack of a better word, be honorable and keep the cagematching for the people it is intended for and not some level 10 K player who chose to level off of raids, for instance or with a partner or what ever way and chose not to build a character that lives up to that level, or even in the neighborhood,and keep the cagematching where he belongs if we are stuck with a feature designed to help NEW,new,brand new players.I don't think that is too much to ask, if you have been around long enough, then you know the explanation given by kano as to why ,when they were gonna implement it and even then we were against it,and that was years ago ,when I was a fairly new player, so we ask that they keep it for those players and end the abuse of a loophole as a strategy for long term high levels.

Old Salt likes this.
  14. Old Salt

Wow. That long winded a post and you could not refute one point. That must be a record. And thanks for throwing in at the end that same charge that high levels want to run the game and cagematch losses take us out of our comfort zone. I guess these posts are not complete without throwing that one in. BTW, how can I beat them up if they are never around and only cage when I am not there? And I didn't take that survey and I am interested in the game. How many actually participated?

So here is your summary of my points:

So, let's summarize:
    1. It promotes lazy pirate builds
    2. It keeps players in a very real way from completely entering the game
    3. It promotes part time playing
    4. Cagers apparently seem to be more prone to hit and hide
    5. Caging allows them to either bring your health down for some others to whip kill you WITHOUT hurting their stats

Once again my points:

1 - It does promote lazy pirate builds. When you have a feature that you can easily win with while using just a few of the attributes in the game then yes you will tend to keep building that way.

2 - That in turn does keep these pirates from completely entering the game to compete. Yes that's true. When they first restructured cagematching, after the devs themselves realized that it was probably a mistake to introduce it in the first place because people were BUILDING their pirates around it, there were pure cagers. Mad Breath Brian. He was probably the biggest one. He was complete cager build. No crew. No defense. All attack. His cagematch numbers were off the carts. It's all he did. And I'm just using him for one example. After restructuring he disappeared. Completely. That account has been gone for years. Where did he go? He could not enter the game to do anything else. He was built for caging.

3 Yes it does promote part time playing. And I have proof. Because I know of several cagers right now that are never on except to raise their health and attack once a day, otherwise they are in the hospital. And their numbers are growing with the raids.

4 - Yes I said the cagers I know are hit and hiders. They are. I didn't say all of them are, just the ones I know.

5 - Yes. Caging allows you to bring someone's health down without hurting your stats. There are people here that say that's what they do. It's different when you have to attack someone to do it. Not that there aren't those that don't do that either, but caging makes it easier. I stand by that.

Now. In not so long a post which I suspect was meant to try to scare off a response, please explain why cagematching is needed for higher levels in a battle game?

15. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Did someone miss the posting where we or me in general posted every cager i can catch online when they are pulling the caging they are that weak. When your percentage is anywhere from 200 to 700 percent stronger and they are near the same level as you are even in front of you because they are leveling like idiots using the raids and getting into new fight brackets and have to cage down and hide also that is a sad. Or they trap out on someone and hide also. I have no respect for players who do this. You want to come fight me straight on without caging and earn it the hardway by building properly you will get more respect from players in the game. But lopsidinig your character with one device means your lazy no ways around it. And also if majority of players who are this strong against cagers doesn't matter how much health you have when you build an account like this enough hits your dead. And even if you have just a tad bit of health one good whip with those hits will kill you every time also. But kudos for being lazy in proving your point there once again reefer.

16. Old Salt

No I did not miss it. And yes those percentages are true. While most of the cagers I know are offline and in the hospital when I'm on, I did catch one before doing raids and he is close to my level and yet I had his defense beat by over 150 percent. What's he going to do I ask when this high level cager cannot cage anymore? That's the way to judge it. Can these cagers survive in this game if that feature disappears for them? If they can't, like Mad Breath Brian and countless others years ago, well that makes my point.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

What if a cager hit's you, your allotted max exp your level for the next 24 hrs on them (if can find them healed), yet they only get their 50 cages? LOL
    • This would only work if in range or would be abused as a leveling tool
    • And if the 2 parties caged each other=null if try to exchange 5k hits per day
    Just a thought, don't play PC much :eek: Ponder it...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  18. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I attacked your posting in being lazy giving sad excuses. And the game has already been ruined by low level players and will throw you into the mix now since your comments are becoming more lazy with every posting.

1. Paying players or credit card players aka plastic players. Have already proven you can buy every item in the game its's not going to save you. So your point on that one is lazy because you haven't done the research on it enough to realize if your going to use this comment they would have to spend at least 250k if not more to stack out their character with all the categories with the top items. And even then gotta love Kano once you think you have the highest amount of attack or defensive item. They come out with a more higher one. So your point right there is lazy and just shot down. Not feasible.

2. Not all players are going to have boss drops Because if you are truly into this game your going to realize that isn't feasible either because of challenges calendars adventures battle drops crafting and so on. This would never be implemented so pointless yet again using as an example claiming to do this.

3. And if your wanting to make a thread on builds you mine as well put the cager one to the top of the list. Because if Kano didn't see a problem with cagers in the past guess what their would have been no limit put on them and they would have just ran through the game. And all might Konig himself would be a top 20 player and not the number 1 player who has spent probably countless of dollars in the game among with many of the other top 50. So once they see these new raid cagers coming using this new method to level fast once again and come back using the old cage method. Guess what kano doesn't make games for free. If their source of income is taken away from the game where the top players have spent the most and continue to do so and they see this coming. Cash cow is coming to a hault.

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Reefer quick ?
    How does a level 75 have that 1 mill attack/def overall? And you'd also need the mateys to use them, which obviously do?

per your pic >>> http://prntscr.com/7lsubs

20. Kirsten

Not sure what you are pondering, I don't really care how much or how little XP I get when I attack someone , but ya know how some hunters will hide for 24 hours, cagers are even worse, they come in cage a bunch of people , since they can cage as many as they want 50 times each, I imagine use up all their stam, cause they use stamina boosts also, and then go away till the next day, their time spent is short , even with the raids on right now ya lucky to find them since ya do not have to be healed to attack raids, I see one of them went up 400 levels maybe more, my math is bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.