[PC] kong needs some new blood badly

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by George Burd, Jun 11, 2015.

1. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

kongregate really needs some fresh faces in vc and pc kano

Reefer and Marius like this.
  2. Marius

Marius Member

Come on Kano... give them a push... it's no effort to do, and it might just resuscitate the game...

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Sorry folks but as I've mentioned before, Kongregate and Armor Games have the final say when it comes to what promotions they run on their networks. I have asked in the past about our other three games but currently they are focused on Mob Wars: LCN. I would love to run more promotions if I had the ability, but the final decision rests with those networks. :(

4. George Burd

how about a promotion on facebook "hey come check out our kongregate server, heres 10 free lottery tickets"

Luca Di Nicola likes this.
  5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I very much doubt that Facebook would appreciate us directing players to other networks, but I appreciate the out-of-the-box thinking. :)

Kirsten likes this.
  6. George Burd

ok how bout this AGAIN, there are people that have had 4-500 captains for months, before they quit and give up give them a place to register for 10 free a week until they are full.

Zombiefried likes this.
  7. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Granted, getting clan on Kongregate is extremely difficult where FB is easy peasy. However, if you want clan bad enough, there are ways to go about getting real people, even though you still have to purchase the hired captains.
    You do have to work at it by continuously checking the job board for recruit me's, posting your own recruit link and sometimes even checking your own bosses to see if players you are not clan with hop on your boss. I look at other people's bosses too, to see if there is anyone there I am not clan with.
    I had spoken to an old friend on Kongregate recently and she has been playing for a while there and just the other day finally got her 1,000 captains.
    Some higher level players though just won't clan people and I understand that. It messes with their ability to catch a bounty since we can't claim bounties on clan. Which, I don't think this would be a good thing to start either as it would be abused.
    I wish though, as you say George, there was an easy way to get your 1,000 people clan. It does seem to me like most people have started playing and then got bored with the game or something and quit.

George Burd likes this.
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Well that is always the downside of a non social network just ask the players on the old Myspace :p

9. Marius

Marius Member

M17ch, how would we go about canvassing Kong and Armor to push things?

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Armor Games doesn't have a hard number, but on Kongregate games have to be a 3.85 rating to get a "Hot Games" promo, but that's still not a guarantee. :\

George Burd likes this.
  11. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

We havent got a cat in hells chance of ever getting up to that number, too many people that do join come in, find its going to be impossible to get 1 K captains, 1 star it and never play again. The drop of rate of people who join must be really high.

That said - I got caught in these games and stayed because of Kong badges - sad, but true, I used to be a Kong badge collector. I know LCN have Kong badges - is there any possibility that Pirates could have badges, or is the same unreachable 3.85 number going to need to apply for that as well?

Looking at the world bosses - There can only be 2-300 active players over on Kong now, including the ones that are coming from Armor as well... bit sad really... :(

George Burd likes this.
  12. George Burd

"We havent got a cat in hells chance of ever getting up to that number, too many people that do join come in, find its going to be impossible to get 1 K captains, 1 star it and never play again. The drop of rate of people who join must be really high." So true I have tried to post on this before but some "older" pirates are offended if someone gets captains they had "to work for"

Reefer likes this.
  13. Marius

Marius Member

what are the badges cj??

14. cricket_jumper

The badges really are to just draw in other Kong players. Its not really anything to do with the game itself, but you might get a load of badge hunters, who come for the badges and stay for the Rum and Salty Seadogs!

15. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

lmao! I wasn't going to even look at this thread as i only play lcn in this format of game but, just decided to be nosy. Great idea reef. I like to chase the bounty and wish there was more of it and less botted when active on lcn but, I won't be doing a cross over. It was way too much work to get my mob in on lcn I can't imagine doing a different game that is even harder to get clan. good luck reviving a game you enjoy! :)

George Burd and Reefer like this.
  16. Zombiefried

Zombiefried Member

I really like this idea George. I could care less if I had to work for my 1k bosses and the new players don't. If they could register for a lotto and have several winners with varying amounts of hired captains they could win, Just might have kept, or could help keep, more players here and active. If they are below a certain level they would qualify for a higher number of captains in the lotto. As we get more active players staying they could adjust or taper the game as needed.

George Burd likes this.
  17. --Mz--

--Mz-- Member

If the badges aren't worth anything then they are pointless and a waste of time

18. cricket_jumper

Well, thanks for your valuable and considered input.

Im going out on a limb and I'll assume you dont play on Kongregate. On Kong, there are many badges on many different games. Badges indicate to Kong players that this game may well be worth playing. By achieving badges - Kong players can level up. Many kong players, play games, simply because they have badges.

If we get more people through the door, they come and play the game & even if it is just for badges, a % of them, however small, are likely to stay and play further.

This is a thread about encouraging new blood and this is a legitimate technique for doing such.

Have you any actual ideas as to how to encourage new players....

Thanks for stopping by. :rolleyes:

Marius and George Burd like this.
  19. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

And badges/levels are also about bragging rights for some players. It may seem worthless to some but, to others it enhances their enjoyment and how is that a bad thing? And who knows, things change all the time and one day those things could be worth something. If they decide at some point to give an award or let you trade them in for something sometime down the road that may be of value to you, you might miss the boat by not going for them now.

edit - oops, i don't play pc. sorry, i need to unwatch this thread i just checked up on it because it was watched and didn't realize it was pc we are talking about.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    cricket_jumper likes this.
  20. cricket_jumper

Just an idea that doesnt necessarily encourage new blood, but it might help to get some of the new ones to stay more than 5 mins.

How about this as an alternative for new players..

Instead of setting your daily reward for energy or stamina, how about they were able to set it for Captains. Im not talking about the 1000 hired guns, if they want them - they still have to buy them, but the normal captains, that some of us were lucky enough to be able to complete using invite codes, but new players have zero chance of achieving. It might only be 1 or 2 a day, but it would give people a chance.

As I have said before, Im sure the lack of any prospect of being able to get 1K captains turn alot of people straight off the game. This way they still have to grind it out to get the captains, and it would be a task that is completed in several months, but at least it is a task that people can see actually is achievable.

I actually think this might be one of my better ideas.... but Im braced for the obvious pitfalls Ive missed?! Have at me ya scurvy dogs!!!

George Burd and WendelinR like this.