[VC] TGIF! Viking Clan Development News June 1 - 5

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jun 6, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans May 25 - May 31

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

KP2: 1

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

May 2015 GearJam Contest Winner Available Now!

The winning item suggestion for last month’s GearJam is the Necronomicon suggested by @Darth Vader. It’s available now so pick one up in the Limited Quantity section. Act fast, supplies are limited! :)

[​IMG]

Payment Updates for Kano Play and Armor Games

On the above mentioned networks we have updated our payment wall to use a different system called Stripe. TrialPay is moving away from direct payment options which prompted us to make the change. This change will also allow us to offer the same sales on KP and Armor Games that we do on Kongregate and Facebook.

TrialPay, PayPal and Super Rewards can still be accessed by going through the “Earn More Favor Points” button. More information and screenshots are in this post here.

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Donut Day!

Now I'm hungry again, dangit.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the GearJam contest! I went over them with our Illustrators and we had a lot of fun seeing all neat the ideas you call came up with. :)

Also! If you are a Kano Player Server1 or Facebook players and are having trouble sending someone a gift, that person might have an issue with their app permissions. If they are a Facebook player, they might want to review their app permissions for blocks or try reinstalling the game.

Cheers,

Aardvark
    who doesn't get why some people like super-hoppy beers.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

I never wanted to believe that my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker.
    But when I got home, all the signs were there.

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Tomorrow? Those were put out earlier this week ;)

3. Monica Hlif

Monica Hlif Member

I just reviewed my facebook permissions. Can't see which one may be causing the problem. Any ideas? Also, someone suggested that I log into Kanoplay server 1 to do my gifting from my existing facebook Viking Clan account. Tried to log in through facebook and tried to connect to server one. It won't let me. I click the heck out of those 2 buttons, but nothing. And it started me as a new player on server 2. If the gifting is as simple as a facebook setting, I won't worry about the server 1 problems. But need to figure out which setting to change LOL

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  4. Karess

Karess Member

The problem with gifting exists only in 1 scenario: the person you are gifting is NOT a FB friend.
    Simple fix is to send gifts while logged into Kano Play - no problem there.

Monica, did you send in a ticket with the problem you are having logging into Kano Play?
    Have you tried with a different browser? I'm not sure discussing it here will get the issue solved for you. Send a ticket!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    Monica Hlif likes this.
  5. Monica Hlif

Monica Hlif Member

I sent a ticket a few weeks ago about the gifting problem. Chrome is my default browser. I suppose I could try Opera. I did send a report to facebook asking them what setting I need to change in my apps. There are only 2 that I can change: who can see my posts from VC and whether VC can send me notifications on facebook. Thank you for your suggestion Karess :D

Bolan Hoffbauer likes this.
  6. Karess

Karess Member

Monica, just so you know, I am also Jara, and we've been discussing this problem on FB.

The gifting 'bug' has absolutely nothing to do with Kano or your app settings, Kano cannot fix it for you.

The 'bug' which Kano CAN help you with is the one where you cannot actually log into server1 through Kano Play (you click on log in with facebook and nothing happens) - send a ticket for that.

Alternately, you can send a fb friend request to everyone you have a problem gifting, once they accept, that will also resolve the problem.

7. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I think Karess should take over Mi7ch's job ... and support too :)) 2 - 3 paychecks there with Donuts ...

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  8. A little work around if you accept all your gifts. Then go back down the list and send to your friends as fast as you can sometimes the white box tries to pop up but you keep clicking sometimes click into the black part two or three times as you continue to click down the list. Some gifts are the strange or odd ones that stick out because they gave you stamina or energy. Those usually are going to stop you and you have to send the gift after giving permission. Yes this has been a pain for a while now I like gifts because it's really a huge part of the game. Making weapons vehicles or troops.