[All] Ideas that have been implemented

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by JADES, May 30, 2015.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Should the person that came up with the idea
    • game changing or not
    Be rewarded in some way? I think so...
    I've come up with 2 ideas that are game changers, 3 others that are minor changes.
    But shouldn't we be rewarded for this? Not the "PROP'S ON A TGIF?"

Before hate me, look at personal load outs here
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/personal-loadouts.8738/

and old grid here
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/old-grid.12783/

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.. Sure it helped my game, but it did to everyone else as well.. :oops:

You give FP'S for posting, and rewards for the new item contest, come on now..

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I think this is long overdue for implemented ideas. We, who contribute to building the game to make it better for everyone, should get recognition for improvements that are made, and yes, at least a small reward - the Forum participation rewards encourage this but to the idea maker that makes things usually better for all concern, a special tribute I think is due.

This is a great idea: 10/10.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Terror of The Scioto and JADES like this.
  3. Aletha A Tjaden

Aletha A Tjaden New Member

terms of service reads differently that's why I don't contribute, your ideas now belong to kano you have no rights to them.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I just saw my honorable mention and I don't need a reward , didn't suggest it for a reward, just glad something I suggested no matter how small was looked into :)

George Burd, Chasity and Jon Ward like this.
  5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I do agree with this in some ways why said

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.. Sure it helped my game, but it did to everyone else as well.. :oops:
    You give FP'S for posting, and rewards for the new item contest, come on now..

But, I think merit should be done within game changers, little or big, not just a kudos.. That's just me :oops:
    and yes don't define merit for me as a praise (which was done), it can also be a reward.

6. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i have to agree with jades on this. i mean, we get energy/gold/stamina boosts, and certain players get free items for contests. why can't those that suggest ideas that are implemented get something (of course, this would not include me).

7. Jess

Jess Active Member

I'm fine with being mentioned in the weekly dev news.

Although a small gift of appreciation wouldn't hurt, right? :rolleyes:
    I'm not talking about huge payouts.. After all, I'm glad I helped improve the game. Didn't do it for any sort of reward, since there was none :).

If you don't like the current way Kano deals with Idea posters, then don't post :). Hopefully it will change in the future.

JADES and Kel the Merciful King like this.
  8. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

While one can cite the legalisms, it is still a nice gesture (20 FP / some God weapon) to an idea implemented. The TOU was written well before Ideas were actually made a Forum fixture. And ofc no one is expecting a % a revenues, Harvard lawyers and the like here.

I have under my belt, many suggestions that were implemented and all were done with the intention of making the game better for everyone, myself included. Through a group I founded, we have suggested tons of ideas, and some of those as well, likely got into code. For nada.

But here we are in an Ideas thread and well, this Idea is 10/10. A small gesture: won't hurt private ideas, group ideas, or ideas here and no one I think wants to make a buck on it (cept Kano which we don't mind as they got to pay for stuff that they do ... we have the option !).

JADES likes this.
  9. Kirsten

I still say it is not necessary but I bet Kano will do something.

JADES likes this.
  10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It won't cost KANO a dime, it's the gesture of appreciation to us...
    • let's just say the "gear jam" they get the item for free (not sure if get fp's as well)
    • 20 post per month (3 consecutive=free item) not to mention full energy/stam refill each month with 20 fp's, with bull crap comments or not, most are still mostly counted
    • Implemented ideas get nothing, that are game changers= WTF?
    loadout swap took me over a year of hounding, same with the old grid idea, which SMACK simplified, good job on that :)
    I have only heard, I love this these 2 features, no bad comments.

Terror of The Scioto likes this.
  11. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i won the first gearjam for PC and i got FPs plus the item, completely agree with you on this one the implemented ideas... not many but there are some, should be getting some sort of reward because it is in a way just like the gearjam contest best ideas... well what is supose to be the best ideas should be getting implemented should get rewards as well, or something at the very least

12. Kirsten

I have my ( personal) reasons for my opinion on it ,If they do it fine, but again I don't feel it necessary

13. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Where would our game be if some of these important changes or ideas had not been added or revamped..??? When a suggestion or idea benefits the game as a whole YES i feel that person should in some way be rewarded....In Jades case..he researches his idea does the math and spends alot of time on the details...he of all should be rewarded / acknowledged in one way or another...as should anyone else who has come up with game changers....Maybe if Kano employed a few of its own team to play VC on a daily basis and understood the game and things missing or things that need changed they themselves would of come up with the game changing ideas...but they dont...they may dabble here and there but come on....they dont play like most of us...their levels prove this...so how would the kano team even understand the need for these ideas ??....So ..YES ..if a VC member comes up with a game changing idea and has put the time in to explain in detail , show the idea and how it should look or work....they should be compensated some how....as far as the wording in the TOU .....Time to update that maybe...otherwise this game would be a flop with less members than we have now....if not...the cost will be less important ideas and less interest in keeping the game interesting and challenging..

JADES likes this.
  14. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I've contributed a few ideas that were implemented as well, changes made that you see in everyday gameplay as a matter of fact. The reward for me is that they were adopted and are helping players out in a small way. I never felt the need to be compensated for it but then again that's just me.

15. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

agree w/ Old Salt, if it benefits the games thats compensation enough...

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  16. Kirsten

Forum Moderators do not get compensated , so I don't feel people's ideas need to be either.

Old Salt likes this.
  17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Before anyone wonders whether or not Kano will respond to this thread, I am talking to OP about this in private messages. :)

The gist of it is that the original thought behind the Ideas forum was that the "reward" was seeing your idea come to fruition in game and the knowledge that you made the games better for yourself and other players. :)

To be fair to the original point we do give out a fair number of rewards for participation and pointing out bugs on the forums, but that's the established precedent for those. There are some other aspects I am considering about this, so it's not a hard "no", it just requires more thought from myself. :)

JADES and Chasity like this.
  18. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

The reward is a better game. The problem with rewarding is that often a lot of people give input before an idea is implemented. Then it seems a bit unfair to only reward the first guy who came up with a rough idea first.

19. Kirsten

Good point.

20. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I agree with that...but there is a difference with a rough idea/draft that needs additional input for the change and an idea that has been broken down and designed and all steps on the idea has been laid out...that the devs only have to do is program it into the game....i refer to the 2 that Jade refers to that he spent many hrs on working up the figures for kano devs.....those are things when people take the time away from the game to design it and lay it out...they should be compensated..!

JADES likes this.