Bounty Price Adjustments (bullying)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Just a heads up we will be increasing the bounty cost for users that have been bountied recently (past 24-hrs), there has always been a increase but we will be increasing it further to deter bounty chaining on all players.

We have been receiving many reports of lower level users being chained/bullied through the bounty system. We will look at adjusting the bounty trap cost as another mechanism for the lower levels to defend themselves against higher levels but this change will happen at a later point.

On our list of things to do is to remove the Bounty Fatigue, we hope to get a change out shortly.

2. Sigdrifa

Sigdrifa New Member

I mentioned this on the FB forum, but in the main I'm in favour of this. I look out for my clan and I do see a real problem with lowbies getting discouraged by being chain bountied - I've had to talk people out of quitting Viking Clan, for real - so while it will not deter the high-levels who are making a ridiculous amount of coin per hour, per se, it is still a necessary change. :)

3. Eddie

Eddie Member

I guess I better work on that income then! LMAO

4. Eddie

Eddie Member

Where did you get the "10x"?

5. my bad.wrong app forum

6. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Its 10X now in FB VC, which is ridiculous. 3.6 Trillion to list a bully after they have gotten it once already in the 24 hours at 360 Billion?? This will protect the high level bully, who is then able to carry on with impunity and no concern of losing experience points. They will be shielded or the mega bounties will arise. Either way, expect fewer bounties, something lots of people have to do, to get achievements as well the joy many get from catching a bounty kill. Kano, think tank time?????

7. Kel the Merciful King

Couple of example (neither of which I am saying is a bully)

Once your Bounty is posted, Benj The Ultimate Warrior will be publicly listed for attack. The reward will be given to whoever accomplishes the task. It costs 1 Stamina to place a user on the bounties list.
    Confirm Cost: 3,731,556,964,860 coins
    Note: this will be the 2nd bounty on this Viking in the last day or so. Recent bounties will increase a Vikings bounty cost.

Set a bounty trap! If Benj The Ultimate Warrior attempts to place a bounty on your head, they will be greeted with a very unfriendly surprise. It costs 3 Stamina and 5 Energy to set a bounty trap.
    Confirm Cost: 207,308,720,270 coins

Once your Bounty is posted, Mike Ketil Thorsteinsson will be publicly listed for attack. The reward will be given to whoever accomplishes the task. It costs 1 Stamina to place a user on the bounties list.
    Confirm Cost: 2,260,831,983,840 coins
    Note: this will be the 2nd bounty on this Viking in the last day or so. Recent bounties will increase a Vikings bounty cost.

Set a bounty trap! If Mike Ketil Thorsteinsson attempts to place a bounty on your head, they will be greeted with a very unfriendly surprise. It costs 3 Stamina and 5 Energy to set a bounty trap.
    Confirm Cost: 125,601,776,880 coins

8. Hel

Hel New Member

Hmmmm...

Ok, ok I get why the bounty raising to 10x for second bounty, BUT... I think this is good for the low levels - maybe not so appropriate after level +/- 100 perhaps?

It does make it tricky with dealing to players who are saaaayyy... being really annoying and healing (suspiciously fast) and attacking over and over and then hiding? Considering you don't lose that much xp per death, hindering someone's ability to deter via bounty on the same level (particularly those hiders) is pretty tough going. I have someone bugging me at the moment who has been bountied 4 times in the last 24 hours (actually I'm fairly certain it was the last hour, I watched the death count go up by 3 in 5 min), and the reason I know that is because they deserve it. If I had the $$ I would have paid it no problems, and that says something, considering how high their bounty is just now.

My suggestion for the chain bounties is possibly keep the 10x bounty for the lower levels and give them a chance to build their bounty price before phasing it out, or;
    limit the level range for placing bounties - eg a level 200 can't bounty someone below level50, etc. Personally, I prefer the first option - the second comes with its own set of problems. There might even be a third option which combines elements of the two, which works better.

My 2 cents only...

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We have lowered the multiplier to be more in line with what it was before, but for excessive bountying say 10 or so times it will start to really ramp up.

10. Hel

Hel New Member

sounds good - thanks :)

11. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

The doubling of the bounty is good, but raising the bounty by 10x allows people such as Demonik1 UND or many others to go ahead and repeatedly overattack someone without being able to be punished. Users such as Demonik1 UND, Guardian of Lost Souls, Gene Illugi or StI Hel (both of whom have attacked me up to 500x in an hour) will never stop over attacking, until they can be taught a lesson, and the only thing they will learn is repeated death on here.

12. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

Could you define excessive? 10 bounties in 1 day? in 2 days? I'm just a tad curious about this.

Also, wouldn't it help a lot more if you have bounty traps becoming a LOT cheaper, and, if succesfull, the person who placed the bounty loses half that money to the person he wanted to bounty? Pretty sure that would hurt a lot too :p

13. Kel the Merciful King

That might reduce the bounties in VC ... as is you get trapped, you can lose quite a bit of experience it the target is good at healing and trapping again, and of course, you are determined to bounty them. The adjustment the devs took today look more likely to result in sizable bounties and some deterrence v. them being too whacky to consider and in a sense "protective" of the bountied person to carry on with impunity!

14. itsdaler7

itsdaler7 New Member

This new method doesn't work. I get attacked by the same people repeatedly, then they hole up in the hospital. Now I have no means of fighting back anymore with such rediculous bounty prices - and counter attacks are no deterrent because they know how fast the costs of those increase, and will quickly run out of the option. There has to be a better way dealing with chain attacking. As it seems now, any level can bounty a lower level once their clan name pops up in the game feed. Not allowing someone to bounty another who is 25 levels or more below them might be a good start.

15. should lose ALL the cash when bounty trapped.that would hurt quite a bit and deter repeat bountying

16. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

Too extreme. Would really hurt the bounty system since people would be too scared to bounty.

17. carol thyra

carol thyra New Member

sounds good in part but will it stop high level players from constantly bountying the lower level players knowing the lower level have not got the coins to defend themselves

18. carol thyra

carol thyra New Member

i agree the lower levels players need help against the higher level players who are been bountied none stop there should be a margin where a higher player cant bounty a lower level player also

19. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

there is a margin against that already. However, people found a way to avoid it. I dont know how, but someone once mentioned something about saving messages... inbox or attack message. No clue if that works though.

20. only thing saving inbox messages does is let you find that player again.just because you find them though doesnt mean you can still bounty them if their out of your xp range.