[VC] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 11, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Raids weren't designed the be like regular Bosses; they were made from the outset so that players from outside your Clan could join in their build was complimentary to the Party. Lower levels do also have their contributions scaled up to be more handy to the Raid.

This is why we recommend keeping your Raid private and closing off invite codes that you have sent out if you are worried about them being shared around. :)

As always I will do my duty and present your concerns to the developers, but this would fundamentally change the makeup and design of the Raids.

2. BLACK ICE

BLACK ICE Member

That is funny kano froze a player on kong for the way he was doing the raids. seems that finn should also be froze for the similar actions.

3. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Really? makes no sense at all -" they were made from the outset so that players from outside your Clan could join in their build was complimentary to the Party" - everyone has players of every level in their clan already so why did Kano decide that's okay for problem players n enemies to get on raids in the 1st place? just keep the tiers & make it so we can share raids with our clan, simple lol

4. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

The main problem I see on server 2 is that there are so few players left that a person almost has to share their boss in world chat to get it killed, especially new lower level players. Of course it can be done by sharing a boss privately within the few stronger guilds, but as far as new players, they are not always clan yet with the stronger players left who can do a lot of damage. Since they are not clan, they can not send the boss privately in a message. Therefore they must put the boss in WC. I joined a few, and really felt bad for them because the health was always left low and there was not much they could do about it. It is leaving a sour impression of raids with them. On facebook, this is not near as big of a problem. I have been in many private bosses there, and the bosses are killed easily. I have also been in many that were posted in world chat, and although there are a few bad apples there draining the health, I have never seen anyone doing that to almost every boss posted in world chat like this player is doing on server 2.

5. BLACK ICE

BLACK ICE Member

Ban Bogdan Finn Lead. please sign and forward. He deserves a bann untill a formal agreement is met. He does no more raid except to heal......

6. Snowtiger

Also, normal bosses allow you to share publicly if you so desire. What is wrong with making raids the same way? You can share with clan only, or you can turn on public sharing.

Marius likes this.
  7. Everyone wants to stop the "Party Killer" players right? Bogdan is the main target in this round on VC to bring it back to attention. The solution is simple - extend the Block List to RAIDs. Right now I have a few players that have me blocked in the different games & it keeps me from sending them messages. Why not find a way to work this in to each game so that if a player posts invites to their RAID that anyone on their Block List can't join just the same as how they can't send them messages if on the list?

Kel the Merciful King and Marius like this.
  8. Marius

Marius Member

Mi7ch, regardless of what we can and can't already do, you have one player who is in effect dictating the outcome of raid bosses. This is a social game, reliant on numbers, which seem to be dropping, and here you have an issue that is galvanising players one way or another, and all them negative for Kano. We want new and interesting things happening in our games, we want more people to join in and take an active part, I relish the fact that there are 'bad guys' and 'good guys' and everything in between, but this is unacceptable.

9. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I see i have made the right choice so far for NOT opening my own Raid Boss...I would be infuriated if someone killed my raid group and i didnt have the choice to boot his arse off my boss.... so for now i will continue to hit my guilds and close vc friends RB only !...

mark GT likes this.
  10. MEGAWOLF

MEGAWOLF Member

Bogdan Finn is a POS and everyone on Server 2 can back me up on this. A person who has no integrity for the game at all or its players. Killing everyone's raid bosses or leaving them in the RED only so he can level faster is BS... kano you know this as well as anyone what he is doing is wrong. But yet you are a business and people like him how have only been playing around 3yrs but are at a level 13K now is pumping money into your pockets so issues like this with paid players like him will slide on by.....

11. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

this seems to be a big problem, and the only way around it is to only send to people you trust, public is no longer a option

Kirsten likes this.
  12. Snowtiger

I just have one last thing to add. You say, "Raids weren't designed the be like regular Bosses; they were made from the outset so that players from outside your Clan could join in their build was complimentary to the Party." You also say, "This is why we recommend keeping your Raid private". Statement 1 does not work with statement 2. I would like to know how does Kano feel about players who are obviously joining a raid to abuse the system rather than help? It only pisses people off.

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Where is the collect icon for raid boss keys located Armor VC? I had a bunch of keys and don't believe collected the exp yet.

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It shows up for me. You might not have the Keys from the current Grendel event. Here's a list of them to double check:

Key of Terror
    Key of Cain
    Monstrous Key
    Key of Night

JADES likes this.
  15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Must of already collected then, don't see any keys in inventory.

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Posting in WC or job board is just looking for trouble ,never post there,and be careful with the share button since anyone who us in your raid can pass it in.

LaScepter likes this.
  17. Snowtiger

Perhaps a way to slow down people who like to only attack a raid boss, and leave the healing to everyone else in the raid is to make the exp gained go down with each attack if their attack to heal ratio gets to far off. It may not stop them, but at least they wont keep leveling as rapidly at everyone else's expense.

George Burd likes this.
  18. In the last PC Raid Boss I put up, I posted links in our Armada's Alliance feed (which wouldn't work) & in our Armada feed (which did work). I also let leaders of certain Armadas with members I trust know I put one up & told them to have people send me a message with their level & a request to join. I also sent invites out to certain people I know are diehard Boss fighters but many of them were already committed to enough bosses they couldn't lend a hand - this really jeopardized my Boss getting done (thankfully a few people really stepped up to make the kill). So, being able to find people to rely on sending a link to being able to join, can begin to dwindle if enough bosses are out there to join.

What about making requesting a link part of the actual Boss screen? When you click the simple link (non-level specific) & it takes you to the Boss, instead of being able to start attacking/healing, you'll need to send a message to the person who started the boss requesting a link specific to their level.

Yeah, it's a common sense notion to ask people to join their bosses, but if all the years of playing these games has shown me anything, it is that too many people lack that common sense. So what harm would there be putting a "Request To Join RAID" button (or something similar) on the Boss' screen? It leaves the person who started the boss the option to reply with an invite code or delete the message.

Or maybe just making it so people not in your mob, captains, or whatever have to send the request from the boss' page. That would help people avoid having unknown players (or certain players) from being able to participate.

19. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

It was suggested some time ago to have a attack heal ratio , after the min 1000 attacks are made, but too many did not either support the idea or complained about it, We need it on FB PC , we now have more than one who meets the min 1000 heals and heals no more, knowing that nothing will be done, and everyone else has to deal with it. Not cool. :mad:

20. For me, in many of the apps, I have a lower than normal Stamina but very high energy. So, I end up doing more healing than attacks. I often try to find someone that has a high stamina, let them attack, & heal for them while they do. On one of the last bosses I helped with, I ended up partnering with a high level player & when all was said & done I had less than 1000 attack actions & over 4000+ healing actions (used a 7 day energy bonus & a boost) & was rewarded with a superior value drop. But I've found I'm not the norm doing this, yet, at the same time I've been invited to more bosses because of it.