September 16th- Developer Update (New Achievements, New Feed Modals)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

New achievements:

15 new captain achievements for reaching level 1250, 1500, 1750, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000. Rewards tied to these achievements are skill points and reduction in regen times for health, energy and stamina.

8 new level achievements for reaching thresholds for health, energy, stamina, attack and defense. More skill points and regen time reductions tied to these as well.

The reduction of regen times is brand new, there may be some adjustments higher or lower as we watch how it plays out and what the feedback is from the players, so if you have comments on it let us know.

Adventure Help and Recruit Join from in-game feeds will now show a response in a modal (only for new ones posted within the last 5-min), this will allow you to burn through all your adventure helps and recruit joins without losing your place in the feed. Interested to hear feedback on this one as well.

We also did a fairly major change to the way the game is first loaded in MySpace to try and speed things up bit on first page load, let us know if you MySpace players experience any unusual issues.

2. jothong

jothong Member

I like the new stuff - have a question though. Why would anyone want 1,000 or 2,000 energy when you only get a maximum of 500 replenished? It would take 2 days of not playing to get the 1,000 energy totally replenished (from zero based on a 3:00 recharge for each energy pt).

It seems like a waste of skill points

3. love love love this update.not 1 single complaint.

4. although it seems to be bugged a little.
    the window only pops up when successfully helping or joining elite.
    if its no longer available it redirects to another page

5. Eddie

Eddie Member

I hope to see these updates come to VC too! :D

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

If the feed post was published before we pushed code then it will fall back to the old method. For active feeds they should be updated with the new links quickly.

We plan to release this to all games and to all features where a simple response is all that is needed, for now it is only adventure help and recruiting elite pirates.

7. PimpDaddyDuke

PimpDaddyDuke Member

Quoted: "I like the new stuff - have a question though. Why would anyone want 1,000 or 2,000 energy when you only get a maximum of 500 replenished? It would take 2 days of not playing to get the 1,000 energy totally replenished (from zero based on a 3:00 recharge for each energy pt). It seems like a waste of skill points"

----Everything else is super, no complaints. But the energy to 2,000 achievement... Energy is only refilled by up to 500 when you reach a new level, so there is no advantage to going to 1,000 or 2,000 energy if only 500 refills on a level made. In fact, it would be quite detrimental to add that much to energy with no benefit, because that is 1,500 skill points that could be added somewhere else much more beneficial. (Attack, Stamina!, etc).

----The only way a 2,000 energy achievement makes any sense at all is if energy will refill by up to 2,000 per level, not 500. Otherwise there is no purpose or benefit whatsoever to adding energy above 500ish.

8. jothong

jothong Member

PERHAPS .... as part of the benefits of acheiving certain skill levels, the amount replenished ALSO goes up? For example when you hit lvl 1000, you now get 600 energy, lvl 1500, 750 energy. lvl 2000, 1000 energy ....?

9. Griff

Griff Member

Here's something you devs have never understood. Having health regenerate faster is more troublesome than a help. In VC I chose the warrior class Viking and having the health replenish faster instead of gold has been a mistake. I have always been an advocate of giving the warrior class faster stam regen instead. If anyone knows why faster health regen is a help please tell me. Most of us go into the hospital to "hide" while we sleep or are away. We dont want to come back out faster. I also agree that building energy to 2000 is totally stupid other than maybe for getting the achievment that others wont go for lol. Thanks for the changes and rock on.

10. Add me to the list of those who don't understand the energy achievement. I like getting energy faster but it is a huge waste of skill points. Now if helping people do jobs or defeat bosses got you extra energy awarded (say 5% per or something) then it would be worth to go past that as you would have a reward for doing so.

Oh, and if health regenerates faster than pistol whips should do more damage. If I pistol whip someone every hour, what point is there when their health will regenerate faster than I can take it away by pistol whipping?

11. Mister Phes

Mister Phes New Member

That's a good idea, there doesn't seem enough incentive to help people. Why bother assist them to fight bosses and receive a fraction of the gold and experience you would doing it yourself?

I thought the point of pistol whipping was to lure into somebody into attacking you after you've setup a counterattack for them.

12. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Actually I finish off a fight with a pistol whip in an attempt to Kill my opponent..
    Which for the most part ends up in my favor.. :)